Kaskaskia College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kaskaskia College

Alivia

When I first began high school I always thought I was going to Rend Lake College. Later on in my high school career a professor from Kaskaskia College came to speak to my Ag class. I instantly changed my mind and i realized that Kaskaskia College was the best college in my interest. I have almost finished my first semester and I love it.

Hayley

Its a fantastic place to start out at. I have been there for two years and its been a pleasant experience. I've had some very good professors that helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Overall I am happy I attended KC, it was good education for a very good price.

Bailey

Kaskaskia College is a small college for people that don't mind driving 30 minutes to school. It's a nice school, but some of the staff do not respond to questions or help students. Most do! But some do not. The campus itself is actually really pretty.

katie

I really enjoy KC. Some but not all the professors are really helpful and caring as well. Great student to teacher ratio. Small campus but that's how I'd prefer it to be. Only thing I don't like is its location. There is nothing to do around here unless you drive an hour to a bigger city

Darrick

The education and people here are nice and helpful, but there is no entertainment that is very close. The teachers are helpful because they are willing to give help whenever you need as long as it fits there schedule and most people are helpful when it comes to classes and studying.

Lanie

I love KC, but there could definitely be some improvements. The food is great, just not a lot that I would eat just from personal preference. The admissions staff is anything but helpful most of the time, the teachers are great, though. The classes are great, too. I don't quite like going to class, but they are very educational.

Kelsey

Kaskaskia College is an exceptional institution. Although the main campus stands in a humble community, the college attracts many students from multiple areas of southern Illinois. As high school graduation approached, I was unsure of the path that I would take in secondary education. The academic advisors and instructors have been extremely helpful in making my transition from high school to college a success. I was even able to have a personal meeting with one instructor of the Radiologic Technology program, in which I am currently enrolled, before I applied for acceptance. All of my classes have been academically challenging and rewarding, and I am grateful that my heavy coarse load is possible due to the variety of options for times and locations. Not only do I have a challenging curriculum, but I have a supportive group of classmates and professors as well. It is truly a privilege to receive a quality college education within the comfort of the community in which I reside and work. I am proud to say that Kaskaskia College has been ranked the second-best community college in the entire state of Illinois, but to the students, it is ranked number one in spirit.

Kara

Kaskaskia is very small so it’s good for someone who enjoys knowing everyone. The professors are very knowledgeable and they do a great job of helping students understand the topics discussed in their class. The campus is well maintained with an amazing fitness center and fitness trail, but the hours for the fitness center are not the greatest. They offer free tutoring through the ACE, but often the tutors don’t have the best knowledge about the subject. Overall, I would recommend KC to a friend, but only if they were okay with living in the middle of no where in a city with no night life.

Kati

I love it here! This place has taught me so much. I am glad I chose this school to attend before transferring to a Universitity.

Kaitlyn

It isn't a bad school, especially if you are on a budget. It isn't top notch either though. Many teachers are opinionated and not too open to discussions. There are very few clubs too, and what clubs there are, they aren't really recognized or talked about. It is mainly just class and go, nothing more to it. A bit like high school if you weren't in any sports.