Lihue, HI
Kauai Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kauai Community College

robin

I have attended a few colleges as a student in other states. This college by far has the best academic atmosphere compared to the others I attended. The students I have had interaction with are education driving and studious. The staff here promotes Aloha with there support and encouragement. The instructors are very encouraging and will help each student with different learning techniques if needed.

Andrea

I love it! I was amazed how a community college can be so good. Small class sizes, great teachers, helpful office staff. I love how small and intimate it is, theres always help in the tutor center and teachers make themselves available if I need help outside of class

Johnaustin

Continuing my education was the biggest hope for me, and I’m proud that KauaiCC could provide me this experience from the day I first started. The Campus is more than just a place to learn, it’s your home away from home.

Manu

It served the purpose I needed it to: a stepping stone between High School and a college degree. Being on campus never made me feel like I was actually in college; more like I was stuck in a limbo between High School and my future university. KCC offers a very select number of fantastic for only a very select number of careers and professions; anything outside of those and you're out of luck.

Brianna

It's an okay school, however it is only a community college so it won't have all the things that a University has. I did make some new friends, and got closer with my old friends from high school so I guess that's a plus. Overall it's a decent school for those fresh out of high school.

Patricia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to not be so scared. I would tell myself that yes it is hard but the experience is different for everyone. So don't listen to the people who say that college sucks and you shouldn't go to college because it's boring. I would tell myself to go to college with a positive attutide. Don't be shy and take some risks. College is meant to challenge you so when you sign up for classes take some difficult classes. I would also tell myself that it's okay if you don't know what you want to study and the community college is just as good as any other college. Also some of the teachers are boring and you can't really help that. But most of all I would tell myself to strive for the best and expect to fall down sometimes because it will not be easy but you can do it!

I don't really know what I would consider is the worst thing about my school. I think the worst thing is that there are many people who smoke close to the buildings and some of the teachers are very boring.

I think the kind of person that should attend this school should be someone who is just starting off with the whole college experince and doesn't really know how things work. Kauai Community College is a good college for first timers.

Marleah

At first my classmates seemed distant because many of them are old enough to be your parents or even grandparents; but once the class begins and you work in groups, or just talk to one another, everyone began to become part of my family.

What have I gotten out of my college experience has been friendship. I have made a lot of friends whom are inportant to me because they encourage me to make a better life for myself. They help me to study hard and help me to learn more, because with friends class goes along more faster with people to talk to and someone who can relate to your struggles during college. Someone who'll be there if you need them. College has been valuable to attend because it has helped me to grow not only in the knowledge I have gained but also in the responsibilities i have taken. There is no teachers or parents telling you to attend class everyday, or to bug me to do my homework. There are consequences that will affect what you will make of yourself and tell you if you are ready for the real world where you face challenges everyday. College has been valuable to attend because it has helped me to understand that there is a future waiting for me and there are people that I know I can depend on.

There shouldn't be a kind to attend this school. But I think that anyone can enter this school because anyone who wishes to further their education and make someone out of themselves should attend this school. If you're very laid back because this school is a really easy going school, you should come here. Also if you want to have more attention in class, like if you need more attention you should come here because classes are very small and you get lots of one on one time with the teachers.

Ciara

Its a small little campus that is very friendly. All of the buildings are separated by different areas of study, its really easy to find places though. Everyone is unique and different but you'll find groups of people who share the same interests.

If I had the knowlegde that I do now about college I would make sure that I took more time to learn about massage therapy and physical therapy. Or get into classes that would have benefitted me now in my liberal art classes. I would have also told myself to practice harder in my Hawaiian language class, because now I do have Hawaiian language and I don't remember alot of things that I was taught. I would really just tell myself to live life to the fullest and take advantages of everything there was possible because now all I do is go to work and school. So its hard to take vacations because I don't ever have time to anymore. So my best advice would be to have fun but work harder.

There are barely any coverage from building to building, so when it rains you definately need an umbrella.

Sharnelle

My advice to myself would be to laugh a little, especially when things seem to go wrong, or if, I mean when I get frustrated.

What I wish I had known before I came to school would probably be; that I should've stopped procrastinating, also that I may need to start organizing my work, put my school work as priority. Also how to get people to open up to me, and be more friendly, social skills.

When i talk to my friends, I tend to brag about the amount of students that each of my classes have. Because my classes have so little students in each class, that the teacher can pay attention to everyone. Unlike so many of my friends who have to compete with other students for the teachers attention.

Kauai Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.