Keene State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Keene State College

Ellieanna

I started off at Keene State College as a transfer student. I was transferring from Manchester Community College to be with my boyfriend. The transfer process was super easy and all of the staff were super kind to me, even giving me extra scholarship money when I needed assistance. So if you're low on money, consider this school. It's not the cheapest but they will help you financially.

Mariana

Keene State College is a wondrous, accepting public school to get an education from. Since it is smaller, students are able to connect and get the attention that they may need from their professors. They are dedicated to the success of their students. With over 40 areas of study, different sport teams, and student organizations, students are able to participate and get involved. The environment that downtown Keene offers is open to students, residents, and visitors. Keene is not just a college, it's home.

Mackenzie

Keene State is a quaint small school in the heart of Keene NH. The school and area is beautiful especially in the fall. The faculty and staff are more than willing to work with students. The class room sizes are small, so students are able to have personal connections to professors as well. The opportunities with clubs and organizations are endless and overall the community is very close knit. Overall the school is a great choice in New England!

Desiree

It's a great school

Tyler

If I had to review Keene State College as a whole I would say that it is a great School. Although this school is pricey compared to community colleges and local colleges from where I am from it is a great place where Community comes together and conquers the world one place at a time. Keene State College is a place where students come together and help out the environment and Community as a whole. Being a completely involved student I can also agree that there is a lot to do outside of the classroom.

Clara

Keene State is an excellent college. The professors are very caring and are great teachers. The atmosphere is encouraging, and the small class sizes make the learning very personalized. It is very easy to get to know the faculty, and plenty of research opportunities are available. Keene State's campus is beautiful, and I'm proud to be an owl!

Kaliana

I really enjoy Keene State College. All athletes had to come to the school one week earlier than everybody else. I have been very busy training with the soccer team. We would go out to do fitness tests, scrimmage and train two times a day. I just started classes this week. I need to figure out time management. Despite the fact I do feel college life will be a challenge I am very happy I chose Keene State College.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Keene State. The class sizes are perfect for teacher student relationships. The academics are rigorous in some classes and in others are not as much. Overall, there is a good balance of academic and social activities for students to take part in.

I transferred to keene at the beginning of my sophomore year and it is better than my past school experience. Some of the professors suck and i actually feel like many of mine don’t care if i pass or not, which can be common at all colleges. i wish there were more activities on campus and the activities were more logically planned, not in the middle of classes.

Julia

Keene State College is a small school that packs a punch. We are a body of everyday people; no one here is disdainful over anyone or anything. There are plenty of groups or niches, so there is a place for everyone to fit in. Keene State is located right in Keene Valley. There are running and biking trails that extend out for miles, and in the fall there is no scene quite like it. The campus is beautiful and strikingly clean; our staff does an incredible job of ensuring that everything remains exemplary so that this school can be a place that students are proud of. My professors are all down-to-earth and genuine people who truly wish to see the success of their students. They make themselves available and are willing to work with you at whatever it is you might be struggling with. Everywhere you look there is a smiling, welcoming face, ready to accept you onto our campus.

Andrea

Reasonably small classes enable more one on one communication with the professors. The town of Keene is small but larger cities are highly accessible. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the town and many hiking areas as well as access to other outdoor activities. The dorms are decent, but the surrounding town has a great deal of affordable housing. The dining commons serves decent food and there are other options available on campus as well as excellent restaurants in town. Overall it is a highly regarded school in a prime location.

Anna

KSC is a great school for the price you pay for schooling. If you take your academics seriously it's not difficult to do well especially with all the free resources that are offered to students. There is also an avid party life but most of it happens off campus so people are not pressured to partake. There's over 140 different clubs and activities to get involved in and always something happening on campus.

Savanna

I love the school and the environment around it. It is a beautiful campus with so many amazing people. The food is actually pretty good compared to other campus that I have visited over the summer. The campus safety are really nice people and really good at their jobs. The campus is itself is keep well clean.

lily

As a student here, I love it. I have had a great experience so far but, there is stuff that could change, for example, the food is bad. I usually get sick after eating from the dining hall. Also, some professors aren't the best. Some of them don't help their students succeed and they don't care. they aren't there to help some students.

Jerrika

Keene State is a good, affordable, school with quality professors. Keene as a town is a fairly safe town and the prices of off campus housing aren’t outrageous. There are many restaurants, local businesses, and farm stands open throughout the week. These businesses also give students ample employment opportunities. I personally am not involved in Greek Life but all the people I know who are involved are incredibly kind and will answer any questions you have about joining! The sports teams are good, the art scene is great, and I adore the environmental and social activism. Keene State also offers a Holocaust and Genocide study program which is incredibly fascinating!

Joseph

Keene is a great environment for all people its smaller warming environment welcomes everyone. But the only downside is there isn't much to do off of campus because of the location. Although the food on campus is not very good, in my opinion it is very over rated but its not the end of the world.

Dalicia

Its a terrific school with much to offer students. It has an excellent film program that I can't wait to be involved in. There on-campus housing is perfect! For first-year students, there is an amazing integrated building that brings students with a like-minded interest together.

Ariana

It's a beautiful place to be able to relax and have fun. Theirs great and bad teachers. Food isn't always the best and could have more options, but they love feed back to improve in their food and service. There a lot of campus stuff to do like bingo night. Teachers are always there to help their students succeed.

Claudia

I love being educated at Keene State, don't get me wrong. My professors are amazing and I feel like I learn a lot and they care about what I'm learning. BUT this school does deserve two stars because the ONLY good thing they do is education. The student accounts staff are rude and generally condescending and not helpful as well as most all of the administration I have spoken to. Residential Life is rude and genuinely don't care about your living situation or needs as long as you are paying and they can catch you on enough 'health and safety violations' to fine you about $100 dollars a person. Right now we have 2 showers for all of the girls in my building that work and they don't care to fix them let alone clean the cob webs from the ceiling or vacuum the floor once a month at least. When they found 'unsafe' extension cords in my dorm (that had been there since the beginning of the year and weren't a problem for the previous three safety checks) I was given 10 days OVER CHRISTMAS to finish a video series about being safe in the dorms. If I didn't complete it (which I didn't because I had never received a letter from the student conduct office and it looks like spam) I was put on 'academic probation' which meant I wouldn't receive my scholarship to pay for school after trying to handle the matter myself I was told parents hold more weight because "they pay the school" so I let my mom call and raise hell so that I could keep my scholarship and the school could keep me as a student and the money my tuition gives them. As a biology major they, note that they don't offer a pre-med track, I would suggest going ANYWHERE else if you want to go into medicine because no one here can help you get into med school, tell you about med school how to apply, what you need to know or even what classes you should take at Keene to be successful in medicine (except maybe some MEMBERS, not the adviser of the pre med club). The "pre-med adviser" who has only met with me on one occasion and isn't my regular adviser AND is supposed to write me a letter of recommendation for med school doesn't even come to pre-med club meetings to get to know students. She is one of the least helpful people I have met here, from the moment she gave me a sheet of recommended classes for med school and sent me out the door and hasn't responded to an email since. Keene State doesn't care about you or what you do as long as they get their money. Their ONLY saving grace is that MOST of their professors care about their students. If you want to party every weekend and get a good education, and be disrespected by almost every administrator and other non-professor staff, then Keene State is the place for you.