Kellogg Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kellogg Community College

My overall opinion of Kellogg Community College is that it is a very clean, nice and academically challenging school. The professors I have had have been very helpful and are always open to answering any question I have or may have in the future of the class.

Ava

The professors are all very polite and professional. They are also readily available and answer questions no matter how many you have. Unfortunately, the campus is in a relatively dangerous part of Battle Creek and I often feel a little scared walking to my car alone after class. Also, the population of students are either just out of high school or older than my parents. There is no in between. Overall, it is a good school to first get introduced to college in, but I would not recommend staying there for long.

I really like Kellogg Community College. After four semesters attending, I believe that I have learned so much and have been given many opportunities. The instructors are always available for extra help outside of class and I love the class sizes. I am in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program and the set up of classes is great.

I think it would be a great school if they changed locations. Right now it is in a bad part of town and it's just getting worse. They upgraded the facilities there, so it is really nice. Some of the staff are not very helpful when they are asked a question. An example of this is when I called the financial aid office and wrote them an e-mail and it took them over a week to get back to me.

Kelsie

KCC is a wonderful college. I've been at KCC for several years because I was taking classes while in high school. The college is a fun campus that's always active. My favorite things are some of the events KCC holds. During finals, they hold relaxation things around campus. There are free massages, zen music plays, you can make stress balls and more! The food at KCC is really good too with a wide variety. The professors are the glue at KCC. I have never had a bad professor. All of them are truly helpful and really care about students and education. I love KCC and how it's helped me grow as a person.

Brandi

They've done a lot of renovations, but some things are still in the same area. A lot hasn't changed, the staff are still skittish, and don't really want to help the students. I noticed while I was applying for my pell grant that the gentleman that I initially had help from kept running back to his cubicle. It was disheartening to always have to chase him down when I came across a question. The women on campus seem cold and don't want to really be there but since this job is paying the bills.... kind of attitude. I have never eaten the food because it's always looked not so great and the prices are stupid high. I'll take a pb and j any day.

Alexis

I love the faculty and how much they care about their students. I have a good environment to learn and great people that surround me to make my learning experience even better. There are so many resources available and organizations to be involved in.

Wayne

Kellogg Community College is a great school for young folks embarking on the college scene. It is small enough that professors are easily accessible and yet large enough to offer an impressive selection of classes. My professors are passionate about what they teach so that makes it easy to learn.

Khalani

As a community college there is no on campus housing. The only food is terrible and over priced, bought in a gas station like convince store in the student center. Staff and Professors are EXCELLENT, and always willing to help. Even the professors I felt I had friction with were always helpful if I set aside my pride and asked.

Kaitlyn

The environment is a very friendly one, everyone is very kind and the professors always put the students first. All of the staff has the best interest of the students in mind at all times and will go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need.

Givemore

Great college with good, caring staff and teachers. If taking any online classes, make sure you take the online learner orientation as that is very helpful. Always ask questions and above all- spend time with other students. This is a great school with great resources and so far - I have no complaints!

Xander

Ladies if you can help it do not go here. The people at the front desk can get into your personal information without you giving them permission. They will stalk you. They can see everything from your grades, bank info, and where you live!!!!!!!! I've already met several women who have been stalked by a guy named Jacob Janofski there. The hr people won't do anything to help you. They don't care about you. There are upwards of 8 women who have submitted problems to the HR at kcc and they don't do anything to help you.

Kandra

Kellogg Community College is a great school. They do not offer many language courses, which is why I want to transfer, but overall the community is well to do and supportive. This school is excellent for students who hope to pursue a career in the arts.

Heather

It is an excellent school with plenty of staff willing to help students achieve their goals!! There are plenty of opportunities to meet other students and staff. There are a good choice of clubs to join and make the most out of your college life. Kellogg Community College is definitely a place I would recommend!!

Dim

Kellogg Community College is good for people who don't currently have the financial at the moment. They have a very good educational system. The studies are not something you can slack on. You have to read everyday in anatomy to have to get a good grade.

Kara

Kellogg Community College is very small, but has a friendly atmosphere and good facilities. There are sculptures and other art pieces made by students scattered throughout campus, and the students and staff are always friendly. Classrooms are also neat and comfortable, and although there are not many classes offered compared to larger schools, the quality of classes seems to be high, and the nursing program is prestigious. All in all, KCC is small but friendly, and is good for taking general and prerequisite classes.

brianna

I like the small knit community and how I can communicate with my professor, and the classes are small, but there are not many activities and the clubs are scheduled at awkward times. I think it is a very nice college to start off at, and transition.

Victoria

KCC is a great community college with a wide variety of academic opportunities and lots of great, helpful staff. KCC also has great student common areas and facilities and access to helpful resources for further education at universities throughout Michigan. KCC is great place to begin a higher education!

Breanna

I am a visitor of KCC but I have been accepted and going to school in the Fall. I have been to KCC a bunch of times and so far every time I go there I have loved it! The Orientation was a lot of fun, it is easy to find the classrooms, everyone is so nice there, and meeting my advisory was so helpful. I am very excited to go to KCC and to get involved with after school clubs and groups. I would recommend this school it is the perfect size and very affordable!

Onalee

I loved my time at Kellogg Community College. It really prepared me for when I transfer to a university. I did not really partake in very many an activities the college offered. When I look back at it I wish I would have because there were so many things I could have helped out with or been apart of. I honestly loved my time here and would love to come back if I could after I transfer to take some more classes.

Devon

I am currently enrolled in the part-time nursing program, and it is extremely helpful to have only a part-time school load in addition to my full-time work load. It is close enough to my home to where I don't need to leave super early and is next door to the hospital I used to work in, so it is in a very familiar area.