Chicago, IL
Kendall College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kendall College

Candice

I attended Kendall college for 3 years in the Hospitality Management program. I am now looking to return to the school to complete my degree. The education and skills that I received from Kendall College has helped me evolve in the hotel industry. All classes are hands on and you learn a lot in the 10 week courses. I love Kendall College. The only dislike I have is that the tuition is very expensive.

Khatera

My overall opinion on Kendall College is it's a great school. The academics and culinary programs are great. They have excellent resources and the financial aid department is very helpful. I started at Kendall College in July of 2018 and since then I have enjoyed all my classes.

Lindsey

I attended Kendall for a year and a half, I enjoyed the campus. Its a very industrial building on a small but beautiful campus. The class sizes are so small because many students realized the majors were not for them. The culinary teachers are extremely tough but very knowledgeable. General education teachers were a toss up. I enjoyed my time there and only left because I wanted to change my major. The tuition is expensive and they were recently bought by another university.

nalah

I would advise myself to go according to a schedule for myself and take stress relieving courses like yoga to help me cope with the courses that are kind of stressful and harsh on my brain. I feel that yoga can help to clear the mind and it helps to retain information easier. This course is a big thumbs up for college life!

Take time to research many different colleges and know that it is ok change your mind if you decide to changed your career path. Enjoy college and don't work so much. Get to know the people around you and find out what they have to share about their lives and experiences. Study hard, but also remember to volunteer and get out to meet new friends, the class work will always be there.

Sometimes the Chefs that teach the class teach at too high of a level, they need to teach at a basic level and work their way up to their specialty areas.

Kendall is best known for it's Culinary College and the type of students that graduate from their program.

If I could go back to my high school senior days and give myself some advice on college and the life it entails, I would first make a better decision to apply to as many places as possible. This would have enhanced my confidence that not just one or two places wanted me to attend their school. If I wasnt happy with the results I would tell myself to go to a community college first. This way I would be able to figure out what I really wanted to do and save a little money too. I would tell myself that school comes first and although it may seem fun to go out with friends and do other extra-curricular activities, school should be the most important. I would tell myself to make a plan for the remainder of my school days and really try to focus on graduating on time. Making the transition from high school to college is completely different. I would give myself the advice to take my time and use the resources around me to help.

I tell them that because I am an Early Childhood education major, we never have to take a final. Our finals consist of hands-on projects or written assignements about our experiences when working with children.

I am currently taking classes online through Kendall College. When I was in the classroom we were in what was called a Cohort; a small group of classmates who move through quarters of classes together until each individual person can go off and do the next step for their individual path. I loved the classmates in my cohort. They were fun, exciting and always had something intriguing to say. We got a long very well and learned a lot from each others experiences.

Ryan

College has widened my field of vision to view the world and my place in it in new ways. For example, I've always known that I want to pursue a career that helps others, but never knew the best way to do that. Through courses in Administration of Justice, I discovered a passion for peace and safety which allows us to live life without fear. Through a Nutrition course, I learned of the 25,000 people who die each day from starvation. In an Environmental Science course, I learned that half of our rainforests have been cut down and that 100 species per day are becoming extinct. In a Psychology class, I learned the basis for human behavior which has helped me to understand and accept others, and how certain social problems might be solved. This has culminated to my future career as an English teacher in high school, where I will have specialized curriculum to increase literacy and steer students away from crime, as well as volunteering during my summers internationally to teach English, basic health, and productive, sustainable agriculture. This interconnected web of knowledge gained from college has allowed me to find my perfect place in life.

Michelle

To be honest, I was given all the information I needed to make my final decison to attend Kendall. I am from Chicago and I already knew the location around the school. My admissions advisor was extremely helpful by setting up a meeting with my financial aid advisor. Overall, Kendall College did a great job of providing me with all the information I needed to become a student.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I brag about my teachers and how helpful and supportive they are to my future in the hospitality industry.

Growing up, my college experience has always been an important aspect of my life. My goal was to always attend college, be successfully, graduate with honors, and attain a great career. Throughout my time at Kendall College, I have not only obtained wonderful friends, but a wonderful family. My professors and teachers have been nothing but a great support team for me as I've worked hard to learn the vital materials towards my major. These are the people who always have their door open to not talk about the class work, but to also share their insight on the hospitality industry. I have learned about myself, others, and the hospitality industry as a whole. Today, I am ready to face my future, the struggling economy and any other obstacle that I may face along the way. Kendall College will always have a place in my heart, as the place that helped me to mature and break down my low self-confidence. I will become a Revenue Manager because I attended this wonderful school and because my family believed in me. However, Kendall College helped me believe in myself.

Joseph

I wish I had known about this school earlier. The school in itself is amazing but I had heard through word of mouth about the school only recently and I only wish that I had heard earlier so I could pursue my dreams earlier.

Kendall College has a small class size. Each class has an instructor that works with you to demonstrate culinary techniques hands on. This hands on technique provides for a better learning experience that in turn makes a better chef. No one can take your education away from you, especially with a Kendall education.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would have one main message for the younger me--persevere and focus. My biggest struggle with college was that I lost sight of my goals and got off track. If I could go back now I would be able to explain the hardships and struggles of not continuing my education while I was younger. I would tell my younger self that while school seems hard now and neverending, the reward of having a degree would be far better than having a good time or working at a younger age. I feel that I would be able to persuade myself to stick through school, study hard, and accomplish my dreams.

Kendall College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.