Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

Amoung having a positve learning enviornment with ambitous and dedicated students; Kennesaw State University promotes diversity in its institution. The hands on experience students take from here will last them a lifetime. The engagement that the professsors gives to each student makes learning more of a joy than an obligation. Diversity is amoung one of the most unique attributes at KSU. No matter the ethnicity, sexual preference, or gender, both the students and professors encourage eachother to stive for success; thus making attending a college /university more of a memorable time. Here at Kennesaw State University education is top priority.

Kennesaw State University prepares students for a variety of feilds after graduation. The Global Learning perspective that is integrated into coursework is an invaluable asset to attending this University; It gives students the ability to compare American culture to foreign culture on any subject he or she chooses to take. This persective gives any student the upper-hand when trying to obtain a job after Graduation. The Professors are hired from many different races, backgrounds, and countries with the same goal of providing a quality education and sharing life experiences that will provide students the tools for their future success.

What is unique about Kennesaw State is that the campus is just right for a college. It's not too big, nor to little. The curriculm is geared towards hands-on projects and simulations. From my perspective, KSU strives to offer students a variety of organizations to join and volunteer opportunities in order to enhance our positive experience while attending this university. I'm not sure what is in the air, but everyone seems friendly and outgoing compared to other schools. Plus, there is a heavy emphasis on multiculuralism and understanding. I could not have picked a better school.

Out of all the schools I considered, Kennesaw State was the largest and most diverse. The campus location is also well-balanced as it is located close to the city of Atlanta, yet students are still able to enjoy the beauty and safety of a suburban enviroment. Another unique aspect of the university is it's housing options. On-campus housing at KSU offers seperate bedrooms for all residents and private bathrooms for many if not most residents. In addition to on-campus residential options, KSU has numerous off-campus housing options for students.

The vast majority of the student population is formed by students that do not live on campus, but commute to school instead. Another thing is that in many traditional college towns, the towns tend to form around the colleges. Kennesaw State is the opposite, it is nestled in a suburb of Atlanta, parts of which have been here since before the Civil War. Lastly, there is a lot of very intuitive and creative projects going on to help the school expand and become more contemporary.

What is unique about Kennesaw State University compared to other schools I considered is that this university is an excellent stepping stone in order to get where I want to go in life. Kennesaw State Univesity is not a big school so there are less distractions than at a large University. This is a transfer school so after I get the hang of college and learn what I need to do, I can then transfer to a big time university and acheive my goals and be prosperous.

This school allows students to meet new people, explore their passions, and grow as students on a beautiful campus. Our campus is unique because it is close to an urban city, Atlanta, so activities are abundant. KSU is also great for students who work or have other obligations because there is not pressure to be more involved in extra-curricular acvitities than you are able to. There is definately a diverse student body.

Kennesaw State University has provided the students with many services focused to helping us with our specific situations, services that I was not aware were available at other universities. Another unique aspect that I have not seen in some schools is that their dining hall composts food that is not eaten and they even grow a lot of the ingredients they use.

KSU has designed their course schedules to accomodate non-tradtional students who work during the day: you can take everything in the evening that you can take during the day. This was not the case at a couple of other universities I looked at. There are so many options for non-traditional students at KSU that I just didn't find anywhere else.

It is very easy to get everything done in one day on campus. The size of the campus is just right. I can go to classes, eat during lunch on campus or at the many fast food stores nearby, workout in the gym then do my homework in one of the many computer labs. I spend a lot of time on campus and find everything easily accesible.