Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

Honestly, I love my school. There aren't too many bad things about the school, however parking is a nightmare. This isn't because there aren't enough spaces, but because people are too lazy to walk from all of them. I also think there could be a better emphasis on carpooling, and riding bikes from the neighboring communities. Plus, we recently opened our first dining hall, which is great--except that it's mandatory for the majority of students. And coming from someone who lives off-campus, having to pay for food quite frankly, sucks.

The worst thing about going to school at KSU is not anything to do with campus life, its more about the system they choose to implement when signing up and working with classes. They give out time slots to register and that can sometimes be unfair to people with later time who end up with the class times no one wants. Also the system they use for keeping in touch with professors and classwork changes almost every semester and can be extremely daunting to relearn every year.

I would say the worst thing about my school is that is is mostly a commuter school. It makes it hard to form any "school spirit" amongst the students on campus. Because there are so many different types of people at Kennesaw (parents, joint-enrollment, etc.) there is not a uniform age group on campus either. So the most difficult thing is that people on campus can tend to come for class and then leaving, having no time spent building a community.

The directed study programs are unmonitored. 4 months after "graduating," I still haven't received my diploma because my professor refuses to be reasonable and post a grade. Also, the financial aid employees did not keep a good eye on my scholarship because 3 months after graduating, they tell me I owe the school $1,758 dollars because they overapplied my scholarship. Now, I have to pay $1,758 back as an unemployed alumni with no diploma!

Majority of the students that go to Kennesaw State University are commuter students. We also have a large population of non-traditional students. That thing that I wish there was more of is school spirit. Yes, we have school spirit, but not like other schools who have football teams. Reaching almost well over 20,000 students, I just wish there was a way we could have more spirit and have it attract and engage all students.

The worst thing about Kennesaw would be tied between having no football team and the tight space the school is squeezed into. The school has grown tremendously in the past 40 years , going from a jr college to a university. So the campus seems a little crowded at times with it's 20,000 students. I think a football team would bring out a lot more school spirit among the students. Afterall, football is HUGE in the SOuth.

There is a lack of school spirit. Students are not involved in athletics and it sometimes feels like I am missing out on the true college experience. Also, it is near impossible to take courses (atleast in the communications department) when you need them. There are not enough professors to offer all the courses needed. KSU is a decent school, but I dont know if I would choose to attend if I had it to do over.

Parking on campus before this up-coming semester was very limited so it was very hard trying to find a parking spot each day before class. I would sometimes have to leave an extra thirty to forty-five minutes before class started to make sure I would have enough time. But thankfully Kennesaw has just recently finished building a new seven story parking lot, which should help enormously.

The worst thing would have to be the size of the dining hall compared to the size of the student body that is hungry. Although the dining hall is new this year, during the main eating hours it can take up to 20 minutes to get a single plate of food and find a seat. It is nearly impossible and sometimes you find yourself still hungry after leaving, because they were out of food.

They constantly increase tuition and do not add any perks in doing so. I pay more and more out of pocket each semester. The school is also considering a meal plan that started out being very unfair, it may be getting better but it is still a little messed up. They are organized but it can be very stressful when school changes things all the time.