Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

The most frustrating part about my school is the commute and parking. Kennesaw State University has over 20,000 students pouring into the main campus every day, and more than half of those students are commuters. Although the school has taken the necessary preparations for solving this problem by building over four parking decks and several small parking lots, there is no guarantee that you will be getting a parking spot in time for class. With students commuting to the campus, traffic increasing because the interstate is right next door, it's no wonder that parking is so frustrating!

Parking!! KSU has grown so much in the past couple years, and they just built a brand new 8 story parking deck!! The only problem is, since I am an upperclassmen, all my classes are in one building - next to the smallest desk. I can park in the giant deck, but I am afraid I will forget where I am parked or will have to run to get to class before I am late!! I wish that Freshman would be required to park in the far deck, because I think upperclassmen deserve the right to park close to their building!

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is just the distance (I have to commute daily and that's hard on gas). I also find there attendance policy rather annoying. You're not allowed to miss a certain amount of days for most classes which is bad in my opinion. If you can be caught up on your work and get good grades, I don't feel you should be penalized for being absent. That just encourages people who are sick to attend or rowdy people to come AND it hurts your grade if you're absent.

While we have many students here, (over 22,000) it can still seem a bit tough getting to know people due to the fact that there aren't many things that bring us all together. Living in the south football is almost a requirement at a University, while our team is in the works the fact that we don't have one now sadly greatly affects what interaction and nightlife we have with each other on weekends due to the fact that without football many people fail to find other ways to congregate.

I would say that the most frustrating this at this school is the lack of school spirit and student support in our varsity and club sports. Since we are located in North Metro Atlanta, students tend to support more of UGA or Georgia Tech because of their distinguished football programs. I would love to see more support for our school, because after all, we are paying to come here and paying for the college experience.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that people can tend to belittle it. Kennesaw has one of the top Nursing programs in the state of Georgia, and they have an incredible music program, but people can still tend to view Kennesaw as a commuter and community college. It's hard to feel like you are getting a legitimate education when others say that your school is like an extension of high school.

The parking. There are more students that attend the school then there are parking spots. They are trying to fix the situation by adding shuttle busses and I think they are constructing a new parking deck now. But no matter what they do, it still seems to be a problem. I have to get to school 30 minutes to 1 hour early just to make sure that finding a parking spot doesn't make me late to class.

The most frustrating thing about our school is that there are not many opportunities to study abroad in my major, Exercise and Health Science. I love to travel but would love to do it during the summer, and the opportunity for studying abroad at that time of year is very limited at Kennesaw State University.

The most frustrating thing for me is registration. Since I am not an honor student and was only a freshman, we got last choice so I got stuck with 8am classes. I am definately a night owl. I think that is pretty much all that frustrates me. Everything else I love.

When you live on campus you are literally on one end of the capus or the other and all the activities and classes are in the middle of campus. So on those rainy, snowy, or just cold days you really feel the urge to sleep in and not take the hike to class that day.