Kennesaw State University

« See more reviews of Kennesaw State University

The best thing about KSU is the professors in the communication department. They stress global awareness, which is in line with the strategic plans of the university. The instructors emphasize and encourage students to study abroad. There are several guest speakers and panel discussion through out the year that help increase understanding of global issues. The best advice I received at Kennesaw State University came from my academic advisor, Dr. Womack. She encouraged me to participate in the accelerated Master?s Program in Conflict Management. She is the reason I was successful and will complete my Masters.

The students. With Kennesaw merging from a non-traditional school to a traditional school, and there being over 20,000 students, there is bound to be some extraordinary people. Withen each different type of acedemic building (Businnes, Nursing, Social Sciences, etc...) there comes a different atmosphere of people. Also, different times of day are different people. Morning and afternoon classes are usually filled with underclassman whom live on campus, and night classes are filled with older adults continueing their education. This diversity within my school is what I think is the best thing about it.

Academically I find class the class size to be extremely appealing. There are very few typical 200 people lecture classes and the teachers really care about their students because the number size allows them to. A couple classes like physical education and some freshaman level courses still remain quite large, but for the most part smaller class size allows for more teacher to student interaction. Not only does this make things more fun because a teacher can be more flexible with less students and can do more than lecture, but there is a more relaxed feeling to everything.

I believe that the best thing about KSU are the many activites that they have to offer. They have a number of intermural sports, as well as major teams for the school. But at the same time, their fraternities and sororities do a lot around campus and bring a sense of community to the school. Also, there are many church programs that are allowed to take place in the school, encouraging students to experience new beliefs. Lastly, their study abroad program is really great. It really encourages and fosters civil engagement and global civilization for the next generation.

At KSU, there's many amazing things to do at all times, it's almost impossible to ever be bored there. Our cafeteria, The Commons, is the best. The culinary arts department has their own garden, therefore the cafeteria is full of healthy food. In addition to that, KSU is still constructing many things. In about a year, we're going to have two pool (one indoor, one outdoor), a few basketball and tennis courts. KSU also have many organizations, ex: the writing center, to help students succeed in their classes and the staff there is extremely helpful.

The best thing about my school is that the faculty and staff care about each student. My professors have all taken the time to get to know me as an individual and are very respectful of me as a student. I don't feel overwhelmed by a large workload, and I believe my professors take our ourside lives into consideration when giving assignments. I am in love with my campus location because it is in an area surrounded by nature and there aren't many distractions, however there are many great activities availkable within five minutes of the campus.

Kennesaw State is not that famous like other schools in Georgia such as UGA or GA Tech, so not as many people go here. So it's like a hidden secret. They have extremely nice dorms. Every student has their own lockable room and only a few share bathrooms. It's like living in an apartment, only there are many activities to participate in to get to know other students around. And this school is growing FAST. RIght now most people from my hometown are like "What's Kennesaw". When I graduate they will be like, "You went to Kennesaw!!!?"

I love how involved everyone is at this school...well, most people. I am inovolved in a leadership group at school. Everyone in it is awesome and wants to make a difference in the community. I like that the school is close enough to my house so I don't have to pay rent somewhere else. Everyone at this school gets along and listen to each other's opinions. I also like that this school has a major that I am interested in. All of the professors in the education department are awesome and help out a lot.

I get a real sense of community on campus. No matter where I go, there is always someone willing to help. Students, professors, and staff are very open to ideas and many other things. The other thing I love about Kennesaw State University is that fact that it just became a state university in 1996 and has grown so much in the past 12 years. We are reaching close to 22,00 students, a football team is in the works, and it's just amazing to be a part of all the growth.

The best thing about Kennesaw State University is that this university is a small commuter school with few distractions. This is an excellent school in which you can attend and get a good GPA in order to transfer to another school. Along with that though there are many events that are held which allow you to be able to mingle and make new friends. All of this is great in a school because it makes a great stepping stone in order to acheive your life goals.