East Liverpool, OH
Kent State University at East Liverpool

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at East Liverpool

Arielle

It is not to expensive and the staff and professors usually are always there to help out. The biggest class last semester was around 50 students so you can feel closer with your classmates and professors than you would at a larger University. They also provide a decent amount of resources with the library and student quiet areas.

My overall opinion is that the staff is great and they accommodate you very well! The students are very friendly to each othe...

My overall opinion is that the staff is great and they accommodate you very well! The students are very friendly to each other !

Dawn

Kent State University at East Liverpool is a small town campus that many local high school graduates attend. It's quiet and the classes are small except for most of the science or anatomy classes. It needs some more restaurants and local sports or activities like the main campus but overall it's a good campus.

When people ask me where I go to college I often find myself relaying an excuse after announcing that I attend Kent State; things like "I'm only attending there just for this first year though.." or, "I'm just getting some general classes out of the way..". As a student I am aware that Kent State East Liverpool branch doesn't have the best reputation for meeting the educational status quo. I believe that although some classes lack academic challenges for the students, that the facility is well kept, and in my experience, the professors are well educated and qualified for their positions. The faculty was all very helpful and kind, I only wish that Kent would have been more academically challenging to me than my high school career was. I have enjoyed my first two semesters commuting to Kent, but I will be transferring to a university that I hope to find more educationally gratifying this fall.

Angelica

I appreciate the small class sizes that my school has to offer. It is a great school to start out at if you are unsure of what you want to study. The professors are all very helpful and kind. I feel extremely safe at my university. We always have security officers patrolling the hallways to ensure safety. This small-sized campus allowed me to find out who I really am and express my knowledge in the classroom.

Lorenalynn

I would have told myself to plan better. I would have gone to the campus and talked with professors and got a feel for what was expected. I would have asked more questions about work loads and how to balance everything. I also would have been smarter with my financial aid. I wouldn"t have taken out so many student loans. I would have learned to budget my money and time.

The type of person that should attends this school, is a person who doesn"t like big crowds. Someone who wants a one on one teacher to student relationship. In bigger campuses its harder to get help with acidemics. At this campus they are friendly and feel like family by the time your graduating.

The person who shouldn"t attend this school is someone looking for adventure and excitement. A person who enjoys big cities and lots of stores. This campus is small and in a rough location that doesn"t offer alot of fun things to do.

Lisa

The cost is much cheaper than other colleges. The professors are very patient and understanding and willing to go the diustance for their students.

I never thought at age 54 and with physical challenges, I could ever go to college. Six years ago, my life changed forever. As I laid in a hospital bed literally on the brink of death from a spinal cord; injury; homeless, broken, I felt I had no hope. When I was at my lowest point, someone special who was a friend and nurse came into my life and refused to let me die. Rehabilitation became a struggle for me at times, when I started to feel sorry for myself; I would say “QUITTING” is not an option! After much rehabilitation I later was encouraged by someone I knew to go to college. I never thought I was good enough for college, but after all the obstacles I have overcome, I have realized how precious life really is and do not want to take one more day for granted. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, my best advice for college is to never give up on my dreams. With a great education , hard work and determination I can have a bright future. Sincerely Lisa Jones

Students that do not have an commitment to their education.

tonya

I would describe my class mates as diverse.

I would describe my class mates as diverse.

I would tell myself to take a break and understand that college is not for everyone. I would tell myself to relax and experience life on my own before I make lasting decisions. I would reassure myself that i will be ok, that one day I will graduate from Kent State with a degree in nursing, but it is imperative that I take my prerequisites seriously. I would encourage myself not to start college untill I was mature enough to understand that what I do here, will determine my success in life. And lastly, remind myself to thank God every day for all of my blessings because he is why I have made it this far.

Class sizes are small, teachers are more personal. Classes are easier to access

Katie

I haven't attened classes yet, but I know that there are a couple students in them that I went to high school with. With that in mind, I could say that the students are hard working and there for one reason, and one reason only, to get a higher education.

I would tell myself that I should have worked harder to get a better paying job, do better on my ACT, retake it, and work harder for scholarships. I regret my laziness and that made me unable to get into the school of my choice. If I could, I would redo my entire senior year over again and the entire college search process.

Someone who isn't serious about getting a college degree.

Kelly

School should always come first, before anything! Getting your education is so important and expensive and you just need to get in get your education, have fun, then get out! Always try and apply for as many scholarships as you can to help you with your expenses because there are so many more than just tuition and books! Most of all embrace what is ahead of you and always stive to do the best you can do!

Wish someone would have really sat down and let me know how important it is to keep your grades up and stay on top of things. Once you fall behind it is so hard to get back up!

The location, there just isn't much around other than the school.

Kent State University at East Liverpool administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.