Burton, OH
Kent State University at Geauga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Geauga

Kent State University at Geauga is a small campus. There is not too much student life and there is nothing to do in the towns surrounding it. However, KSUG have provided me with the best academic experience I could have asked for. The professors are amazing and accessible and the administration is wildly supportive and always willing to help. The students on this campus are intelligent, open-minded, and full of integrity. My peers are going to make wonderful nurses, business men and women, and mathematicians in the future. KSUG has been my happy place for the past two years and I am excited to see what my future holds after my time on this campus.

Linsey

Over Kent State University at Geauga is a great college. It is a regional academic center located in Burton, Ohio so there is no on-campus housing and not much food or shops around. However, the small size of the campus allows class sizes to be small and give professors time to have one on one conversations with each student. Along with small classes, professor have regular office hours and can usually be found on campus in between classes. This college is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone I know especially for those with small budgets because the regional campus is much cheaper in tuition that Kent State University. Since this is a branch and not the main campus, few majors can be completed solely at this campus. However these majors include middle school education and our nursing program which are both very prestigious and only take the best candidates due to the high amount of interest in them.

Chelsea

My school is small and very personalble, yet interesting and a good learning environment.

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known what I was going to school for. My major was undecided while in post-secondary classes and my first year afterwards. This put me behind because I took classes that did not benefit me towards my decided major now.

Brittanie

The besy thing about this school would be the small class sizes. This really helps for professors to be more interactive with their students.

I wish I knew that in this campus there were actually two locations: one in burton and one in twinsburg. Now I have to drive an hour to school every day.

I would have to tell myself not to fall behind when things get tought because once ou do there is no recovering. I wish I had known how hard it would be to juggle a full time job, a child, and school full time. Maybe if I had known then I could have been more prepared and not allowed myself to fail two of my classes under all the pressure.

Deborah

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is studious, autonomous, and hard working.

I tell people that the school isvery convenient, great education, wonderful professors, and to expect to work hard.

Marsha

If Marsha 43 could meet with Marsha 17, I believe that she would cuddle the abused and degraded child. While whispering words of self love, she would explain to 17 that she is intelligent, beautiful and worthy of so much more. 17 would reply that her intelligence equals that of a kiwi, her life is worthless and she would never amount to anything. Suicide is the answer. 43 would listen compassionatly as 17 went into her tirad but interject that if that was the apparent answer, how could she be there. 43 would then explain that being in a stable enironment could give 17 the solid base with which to build her life. When Marsha 17 would become 26, her entire outlook would be turned on it's ear. 43 would quickly divulge a game plan. Two years into your relationship, consider an education to empower your new found identity. The medical field has always facinated you. Nursing is in your blood. With those statements, 43 will gently hug 17, wipe away her tears and smile a chesire grin as she vaporizes into the worm hole she came through.

I recommend this campus to all students who wish to receive an education without the party atmosphere. Nestled away in the quaint village of Burton, this campus encourages an emphasis on academics. If you want a large campus experience, this is not the place you wish to be enrolled.

Kent State Univeversity at Geauga has a common room. While being an adult student, my first day consisted of trepidation with a slow realization that the common room was a virtual vortex of sociallization. Faculty, students and administration were easily accessable. Along the back wall lies a series of doors leading to the predominate professor's offices. The administration's door opens at one corner while the library contributes two entrances. Student resources, such as financial aid and advisors, are in the opposite corner. Interdisciniplary interactions became common. I have found this experience enlightening and entertaining.

If I could go back I would tell myself to breathe. I was to worried over adjusting to college that I didn't make any plans I just feared and dreaded the day classes started. I would advise myself to speak with a guidance counselor about colleges and career paths instead of handeling it all enternally.

The best thing about the school I am currently enrolled in is the helpfullness of all guidance staff members. I would have to drive 40 minutes to reach my assigned counselor but I am iven the oppertunity to talk with other guidance counselors that have a degree in the feild I am looking to enter.

The worst thing about my school would be that even though I am attending a regional campus if I were to take online classes I would have to pay the price that they would be if I were attending the main campus.

Heather

My school is amazing, study efficient, quiet, resourceful and very organized.

My school is amazing, study efficient, quiet, resourceful and very organized.

The advice I would give my high school senior self would be study hard and not to get caught up in everything else except for school. The thing you need to focus on most is school and that is it, don't worry about other things. Try not to sceduale too many classes at once because if you do, your gades will go down hill if you don't study everyday!

Absolutely nothing is wrong with my school. I love it just the way it is.

Jayme

From time to time, I wish I could go back in time and give myself advice. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I think some aspects of the life I have now would be different. I was not the smartest high school senior. I was having family problems and kept throwing myself “pity parties”. I would slack off and eventually I stopped going. I had two trimesters left to go, but because of how much I had neglected my school work, graduating on time was not going to happen for me. I wish I could go back and shake myself while saying “Graduating high school is such an important part of life! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go!” If I could’ve gotten through to my “old” self, I would hope that she would have found a way to graduate and go to college in the fall. Instead, it took me a year to get my GED and now after three years at a community college, I am transferring to a four-year college. I have never been more motivated to succeed and to finally participate in a graduation ceremony!

Robert

Apply for more scholarships and see about getting a part time job. You can make it throughyour college classes easily at the rate your going, but running out of money for your transfer to a university is a major concern, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Try to be more careful about your online classes. You know you aren't great with deadlines, and the lack of organization in those classes only makes it worse. Other than that, I'll just say good luck.

Kent State University at Geauga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.