Burton, OH
Kent State University at Geauga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Geauga

Bridgette

Develop a positive attitude, be organized, and set your sights and standards high. Give everything you do one hundred and ten percent, and above all else, with all of these things - BE CONSISTENT! Look for the good in every person and every situation, and when presented with a difficult situation, choose to see the glass half full. Develop routines and schedules, use them to help you prioritize, and stick to them. Stay focused on what you want to achieve. Even when things seem tough, or the end seems far away, take one day at a time and keep trying your best. Everyone has hard times once in awhile, but no matter, what do not give up and do not slack off. Once you lose your footing, its hard to regain it. Its much better and much easier to keep your footing in the first place, even if it feels like a struggle. If you give up hope, even just a little, its really hard to get it back.

I love that the campus is close to home, and the class sizes are small. The teachers and staff are able to give students individual attention.

I get great grades, which I attribute to the fact that the campus I attend is comfortable and safe, and the teachers are knowledgable and caring.

Sandra

The best advice I think I could give myself is: 1. To not underestimate myself. 2. Stay focused on the idea of education and not socializing. 3. Make sure you are on time and prepared for class. 4. Do not wait until the last minute to do assignments. 5. If you have any issues, take them to the professor early on in the class, to avoid poor grades. 6. Take notes, take notes, take notes.

That I was capable of handling the work load. I would have done it a long time ago.

Nothing at all. I love attending all of my classes.

If I had the chance to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably get on my own nerves by giving myself so much advice! The first thing I would tell myself is to not stress about not having a definite major. I would tell myself is to put all my effort into my education, and not only that, but to enjoy my education. Too many people go to college simply to get one step closer to their career, or just because it is the "thing to do" after high school. However, I would urge myself to absorb as much as possible and take college as a chance to discover more about myself and what I may be passionate enough about to enjoy as a career.

Joyce

If I could talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be more focused. I would say “think long term, not short term”. “The job that you are going to get in a couple of months…they pay for tuition and books. Don’t assume that opportunity will always be there. Taking classes part-time is fine. But don’t get bored or impatient and decide to ‘take a semester off’. No, you won’t go back no matter how much you say you will. You will enjoy the ‘freedom’ too much, and then you will get married and start a family. Priorities change and children come first. You will watch them grow up, and all of a sudden you will be 53 years old and lose the job you’ve had for 35 years…the one that still pays tuition and books. You will be searching for a new job, and they all specify ‘BA’ or at the very least ‘AAB.’ Now you will be back at the same college, although it looks much different, and you will be paying your own tuition at five times the price, with no income. Be smart.”

Being a small local branch, classes are small and teacher/student ratio is excellent.

The campus no longer has a bookstore. The bookstore on main campus an hour away has an area devoted to the local campus.

Tiffany

A high-tech school that allows one to advance their life while working and raising a family.

My classmates are just as eager as I am to fulfill their dreams and better their lives.

I would give myself the advise to slow down and really consider what life is and what I want from life. I started off as a nursing major in 2001 and I wasted my college education and time by messing around and not concentrating on school. Now here I am 29 years old with a husband and a 3 year old daughter and a job I love but do not get paid enough. I want to be a nurse more than anything, it has been my lifelong dream. If I could go back I would tell myself "Tiffany, this is what you were born to do. Do not waste your time and buckle down and study. It will all be worth it in the end."

Shawn

It has a great, intimate environment. Most professors are very nice and will always come to the aid of a student that needs help, unlike most bigger universities. The classes are enjoyable and the students are the best you will find

I would have told myself to get into better studying habits before starting high school so that the intense test studying wouldn't be so intimidating. I would have also told myself not to be afraid of college life, but ratehr to embrace it because it will be some of the best years of my life. College isn't as scary as everyone thinks it is. Don't let the fear and stress overcome you. In the end, graduating college is a major stepping stone in life and everyone will need to do it to lead a better life, so it is better to think of all the positives of the suture instead of ofcusing on the negatives in the present. If you have to spend thousands of dollars going to college, you might as well make the most of it. While a college test may require more studying than a standard high school test, the amount of homework given is also minimized. College is a place that everyone needs to go to and being there can actuallybe a great experience if you allow it to be. Prepare yourself and you will do just fine.

Absolutely nothing. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from college and was scared to go at first, but this place has made me enjoy college and actually look forward to being there. It has turned a C-D student in High School into an A-B college student

My classmates at the Geauga Campus are hard-working students with a hope for a better future with great fun-loving personalities.

I would tell myself that I need to learn to love and believe in myself. I spent too much time concerned with what other people thought of me and bringing myself down and because of that, I was never able to reach my full potential. I always assumed I wouldn't be able to do something, so I would never try. I would tell myself that I am worth it and I can do anything I set my mind to. I would tell myself not to let other determine my worth. I could have accomplished so much more if I had just believed in my abilities. I never gave myself enough credit. After going to Kent, I was finally able to see what I was capable of and I didn't let others opinions keep me from doing what I love.

Hard-working, fun-loving students, who need a fresh start and want to do that by aquiring a good education.

My college experience has been very valuable to me. It has kept me active in my education and is keeping me on track for a better future. I have learned many things attending the community college, including time management skills. Nobody is going to make sure you are where you need to be when you need to be there, it is all up to you. This has helped me to be more responsible for myself. Another valuable thing about attending community college is the small class sizes. It helps me to get more one on one attention and further my education in an effective way. I have gotten a lot out of my college experience and hope to keep gaining more.

Marina

My college experienced has help me find and choose a career that I know is 100 % for me. Ever since I was in elementary school I wanted a career in which I would be beneficial to others. Nursing program is the best decision I ever made. The experience is extraordinary, you learn and help others in need at the same time. It opens your eyes to a totally different world that is usually hidden in hospitals, clinics etc. I would love to continue my education and become even more of benefit to our society. I want to pursue my goal and help those who often feel ignored and lonely in their hardest days. :)

Dieonte

Since I was fortunate enough to attend college, I intended on making the best of my college experience. Everyday offers you something new, as well as information and wisdom; wherefore, I gained the sense of taking things around the campus (various group events and activites) with a grain of salt, because you never know what may come from one 10-minute experience. Also, I'm an African-American male in the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, which is a Caucasian-dominant organization. Though that really isn't a factor towards my membership, it's a big part on personal choices as a student and as an African-American, to keep to what I believe, while simultaneously bringing about change to the campus and people's racial views on certain life aspects. Lastly, I'm the backbone of my family on the thought of taking them out “the hood” and making them prosperous. If I don't finish school, I can simply "kiss" that plan goodbye. Nonetheless, my college experience, and fraternity membership, so far has led me to understand the true values of life plus what it takes to truly become a wise adult.

Kent State University at Geauga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.