Burton, OH
Kent State University at Geauga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Geauga

Kent Geauga is a small, friendly school that's easy to access and a good place to learn.

To date, the hardest period of my life has been the college years. As a 19-year-old freshman I became pregnant; and one year later, shortly after the birth of my son, I started nursing school. Since then, I've also married my son's father and purchased a home with him. The responsibilities we've undertaken have dramatically altered our lives. My husband and I have jumped from being a couple of teenagers living comfortably on our mommy and daddy's dime to being a couple planning, sacrificing, and saving for our own family-- we have BECOME mommy and daddy. Between running a household and caring for my husband and toddler, my life would be much easier without nursing school. In fact, my heart aches to stay home and tend a family. Nonetheless, I continue to attend because I know the value of my (future) degree. The experiences I'm going through as a student are imparting true life lessons in commitment and compromise. Despite the struggle, I have absolute faith that every valley and hill will benefit my character and build me as a better wife, mother, and nurse.

I wish I had known how much easier my life would be commuting to this school; had I known, I would have transferred earlier.

Marita

Kent State University is best known for their diversity!

Kent State University is best known for their diversity!

As a former highschool college student & now a returning adult student, I have learned to be more mature,serious,& focused thru my college experience. Its valuable to attend college because I now realize that a college education is one of the best investments you can make in life!! College is a lifelong moral investment for you and your family and it is also a financial,mental,& emotional lifelong investment for yourself! An education is something that no one can take away from you! With the help of life-saving scholarships,I truly anticipate the day I complete my college education!

Nothing is worse about Kent State University! Kent State has multiple campuses to cater to their students through-out the State of Ohio !!

Corina

I am learning how to teach myself more instead of always depending on the teacher. I can now open a textbook and take valuable notes and pull out important information. In high school there was always somebody there to hold your hand and guide you through the process. College has taught me to become more self sufficent. This will benefit me in the future because after I graduate and get a job, I will have to learn how to teach myself certain things that my future employer will expect me to know. It is important to be able to learn on your own and to have the patience to get through it.

I wish tha tI would of known that the amount of traditional classes for my major would be limited. I persoanlly do not like online classes, but unfortunately many of my classes are offered only online.

You shouldn't attend this school if you like big classes, and like all the extra bells and whistles that come with big schools. For example, their isn't a recreation center, the student lounge is small, and there is no cafeteria.

Blake

Hmmm.....this is kind of a difficult question because I was a completely different person then. Young and a bit naive of the world around me, time management was the largest problem for me throughout the first couple years of college. I felt like I was always juggling the role of student with other roles in my life at that time (family man, employee, caregiver, etc...). I was always on the move, from class to work, work to class, then from class back to my family. By the time I got back home to my family I barely had the time to spend with them because it was then "study time". I would say that my time management skills at that time were mediocre at best and a little planning would have gone a long way. After having slept for only a few hours a night for a couple years, it was time to take a step back and focus on how I could improve the quality of life for my family and myself. I finally created a very detailed calendar that I have now been using for years and that I will pass down to my children. Thank You!

The people, from faculty and staff to students and townspeople, everyone is very cordial and eager to help you no matter what the problem/question. The instructors encourage the attendance of supplemental instruction classes and are always available for office hours. The Library on campus is also a very great resource for the students. At thirteen stories tall the KSU library is the tallest building in the county and is located at the center of campus across the courtyard from the student union building.

Waiting in line to speak to Financial Aid/Bursar/Parking Service Representatives. Toward the begining of last fall semester I waited a total of three hours in one day just waiting to speak to the above representatives, and if you are trying to contact them by phone you might as well forget about it. You will be waiting, listening to the tone of elevator music for hours and still nobody would pick up. They need to hire temporary staff for the begining few weeks of classes for each semester.

Victoria

My classmates are very enjoyable to be around and work we work well with each other.

Kent State University-Geauga is very unique because it is the kind of school I really like. The classes are small and the campus is small which makes it easier to talk to your professors and better communicate with them and my classmates. It's also very close to where I live and just simply conviently located in the area.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself several things. I would tell myself to really keep myself focused on my school work so that I can be ready for college life and hopefully have a better idea of what to expect. another thing I would tell myself is to start looking at colleges and see which school would better fit my standards for myself so I can get through comfortably and have a lot of motivation to get myself through school. One big thing I would definitely tell myself is to get financial aid done right away so that it's ready for when I'm ready to go to college and I don't keep putting it off until the last mintue.

Krista

I attend Kent State University Geauga regional campus. Its very small with a little over two thousand students. I love the small class sizes which makes it so much easier to have contact and assistance from professors and other classmates. I also like the fact that it is so close to my home so I can be with my family and continue working year round. The faculty and Kent Geauga are all phenomonal- all so very helpful and excited for our little campus. They plan several fun events throughout the year and mingle with the students frequently.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was in highschool I would tell myself that college is nothing to be afraid of. I don't need to know what my major will be when I begin and its ok to switch. Instead of stressing about the future you should enjoy each day and just take it one day at a time. College is an amazing experience and it gives you the opportunity to meet so many amazing and diverse people. The friends you make in college will be your friends for life! When it comes to school, studying hard and keeping up that GPA is so important! Stay motivated by surrounding yourself with study partners and keep working towards that diploma.

Kent State University at Geauga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.