Kent, OH
Kent State University at Kent

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Kent

Kathryn

You should have tried harder, you should have challenged yourself, because the person you are in 2009 is kicking herself in Theatre History class because you don't know anything about geography or history. High school is easy because you're making it that way. Challenge yourslef, you know you want to. What's really stopping you?

The worst thing about the school as I know it are people's overall attitudes. My perception of Kent revolves around the theatre program. It would take more than 100 words to convey what I mean. What I will say is that people embrace art for the wrong reasons. The students in the program are mean, heartless, and feed off of other peoples downfalls. This should change. A far too large portion of the staff don't care, don't take an equal interest in the students and many of them seem like they aren't here to teach.

A person who is here to learn more. Not because their parents are making them. People flush their education down the toilet because to them it's free. For me it's not. I had to fight to be here, if other people didn't have to, good for them. I just hope that they take it seriously. Being here is an opurtunity and we all need to remind ourselves of that. I am here to gain knowledge and learn about the world. A person with this in mind should be here.

Jessika

Note to Jessika! The advice I would give to myself during my transition from senior year to freshman year college is first and of main importance: take school seriously. The second most important thing would be to make a friend or two during the college summer orientation program. I want to make sure I gather and collect all important numbers for networking purposes. Third, I should remember to lisetn to the advice from my parents. I was very stubborn and some of the information they provided me with would have helped me to succeed in my Nutrition and Dietetics degree. Finally, if I was able to go back in time and change the time from senior year to freshman year some practical advice would be to study, organize, and make sure to meet with my advisor, make time for volunteering and make time for my self to take a breather. Life is too short to worry about all the consequences.

I enjoy the students. The students that I have met in my classes are friendly and open to learning.

A really focused student who wants to be a rocket-scientist or something in that nature.

Kelsey

My classmates are extremely helpful, friendly , dedicated and they are on the same track that I am.

There are ups and downs of Kent being such a big campus. Kent does an excellent job of providing opportunities to all students to get involved socially and academically and I wish I would have taken better advantage as a freshmen. It wasn't until last year that I joined a club sport which introduced me to a whole new group of friends that have really made me enjoy being on campus a lot more. From the first week that you are on campus, check out all of your options and dont settle for something that doesn't make you completely happy. Spend the extra hour a night getting your work done to you aren't rushing to get it done the next morning and enjoy yourself before you have to enter the real world.

With being in the education program, I have 5 semesters of field experience in a variety of diverse locations. This opportunity gives me the confidence I need to believe I made the right decision for my future career, and it is a great chance for me to experience what I have been learning in the classroom

Erin

I would tell myself to rid of any worries and anxiety. College life is the best time to get a head start in adult life. Many fun and challenging experiences await and dont be afraid to take risk because in the end its all about having experiences.

For the most part the campus landscaping is really nice and walking to class is enjoyable. The academic program for students going into education suits all my needs and my learning style. I love meeting diverse people who are interested in a wide variety of eperiences so enrolling in a large school opens many networking opportunities that small colleges will lack.

Great Academic advisors that help put your goals into a more manageable perspective. On campus jobs look really nice on resumes. Tons of academic programs such as National Society of Leadership that Im affiliated with.

Cassandra

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself not to be worried. Take on college as you would high school, go to every class, do all the homework and study hard for the tests. Check out the recreation center, and stay active. Try to spend a little more food plan money so you do not have a lot left over at the end of the year. Also, get involved. Join clubs and groups --they are a lot of fun! Do not be afraid to just be yourself, the people here do not judge, they are just like everyone else. Stay on track with everything and college here will ease by. It is not as hard as everyone says it is, it is only as hard as you make it.

The class sizes are kept small, and there is a really good teacher-student ratio. Also, the recreation center is wonderful and the people that attend this school are always cheerful and happy. It is the perfect size campus, not too big but not too small either.

The best thing about my school is the campus size. I come from a small town so I did not want a school that was too big, this campus is just the right size.

JaRel

My classmates are focused, willing to explore new opportunities, and waiting for the next offer they have to advance their learning experiences now and beyond Kent State University.

The best advice I can give a high school senior about transitioning to college would be to genuinely have a passion for success at their school. Students who are dedicated to their academics, respective student organizations, and positive extra-cirricular activities tend to excel at a faster rate than other students. This particular group of students are the ones that have a lot of spirit, pride, and love for their campus. Since the day they were admitted, they started exploring the campus website, making campus visits, enrolling in programs that help new freshmen transition, and becoming acclaimated to campus. For those who are intimidated by universities that total over 20,000 students, I would encourage those students to find at least one friend. Whether this friend is a roommate, a professor, or simply someone standing in line at the diner, the student has just built a network. Looking at my experience in growth and development at my institution, Kent State University, I have learned that networking is just as - if not more - important than academics. Find a friend. Join a student organization. Be proud to be a [School Name] [Mascot]! Become passionate about your life and success.

The worst thing about Kent State University is advertisement. The university campus life is thriving with late-night activities every day, and there's never a time where nothing is going on. However, it's hard for people to find out because the unversity's campus life office does not seem to have grasped the concept of effective advertising. If students want to find out what's going on, they have to search for it - go to different organization meetings on campus and network, search Facebook.com events for Kent State, visit the Center for Student Involvement website, etc.

Melanie

Kent State University is diversly strange.

Kent State University is diversly strange.

Be prepared and open minded, act like a respectful, intelligent adult, and be smart in making decisions. Work hard from the beginning and continue all semesters with a strong finish. keep a positive attitude and be carful not to push yourself. take any steps to discover who you are. know that many people on the planet love you and will be fine without you. friends and family only want what's best for you. have confidence in yourself and don't be afraid to go for your dream. act with decorum and take time to enjoy the unique experience that is a college education.

Fashion merchandising and design majors, liberal and diverse students, responsive towards students with disabilities, and architecture majors, and good nursing program

The best years of your life, times ten.

The best years of your life, times ten.

None, I did post secondary work my senior and some of my Junior year. This made me be elligable to be a sophomore at Kent State and put me so far ahead. I got so many bennefits not including the year done for free, by doing post secondary. I would recommend post secondary for any High school Junior or Senior who is elligable because it has been the best decision I have made for college. I do not regret or want to change anything from my senior year.

kate

Kent is a mish-mash, anything from artsy to prep, most kids fall somwhere in the comfortable inbetween.

I was pretty much a stubbon outsider in high school. I marched in band, did my little art porjtects and kept to my self for the most part. Giving advice to myself would classify as one of the most difficult things I have ever done next to trying to choke down my aunt's pumpkin pie. But, if given the option, and the ability to hold my own attention for more than a minute, this is what I would say: 1. Don't procrastinate. I know it worked in high school, but that was then and this is the way-more-challenging, now. There are way more long-term projects and the semester will be over faster than your first boyfriend. 2. Try harder to get a summer job while you can. A social life is more expensive than you think. With shows, eating out and the occasional (who am I kidding) frequent sugar saturated sweeties, you'll thank your summer superior for paying you. 3. Don't let your first few grades get you down and, last but not least, when all else fails, remember to bring plenty of chocolate.

The journalism department is stae-of-the-art and most of the professors are there to help you learn. I love the deaprtment and the professors really want to help you get your work out there and make connections early.

Kent State University at Kent administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.