Kent, OH
Kent State University at Kent

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Kent

Tawnee

Great, enjoyed my first year and can't wait to get back.

Great, enjoyed my first year and can't wait to get back.

Look into what the school has to offer your student.

Nothing. I believe my councellor informed me accurately.

Amber

My classmates vary a lot and are similar and dissimilar to myself.

My classmates vary a lot and are similar and dissimilar to myself.

Go with your gut instinct, but don't be afraid that you might have made the wrong choice. If you think you chose the wrong school or major, don't be afraid to switch. It'd better to make the change now and be a little behind instead of waiting years down the road realizing you don't like what you're doing. Take advantage of all that you can, but don't overwhelm yourself. You'll have plenty of opportunites that will come up in due time.

I don't really brag about my school, if I were to it'd probably be that I can potentially graduate a semester early.

Kelsey

I feel like I have known the people I have met here for years.

I feel like I have known the people I have met here for years.

Its all about finding somewhere you feel in your heart you could fit in to. One should feel at home as soon as they step foot in the door way. A campus needs to have enough options for involvement and make one feel as if they have something for them to join and be a part of. First, choose your college with your major, but second choose a college that you can consider a place you can call home.

People visit home a lot on the weekends.

Tabitha

When finding the right college, it's extremely important to stay true to yourself. Students shouldn't be afraid to follow their dreams, and parents should help them accomplish them as much as possible. Sometimes it's hard to let go of what's comfortable and familiar. However, I've found out personally that if you don't reach for what you really want you either start over for it or become incredibly unhappy with life. It's an awful feeling to wake up every morning thinking "if only" or "I can't face today". Find what's right for you and try to compromise it with what's possible. Even though your dream school is unavailable financially or for other reasons, it doesn't mean you cannot get the same outcome with another. There's so much a school you've never even thought of before can provide. What's important is getting the degree you need and want. Then, it's about the experience and finances. A degree and finances are what determine your future, while an experience can last a lifetime as well. In the end, just be happy with yourself. Choose wisely and without regrets.

Kent State University seems very liberal and loose. The students seem more relaxed and less "academic". Though I can be both academic and care-free, most people prefer one or the other. I like friends of both types so that I can relax, but also have friends I can discuss course work with. People who want all of their friends to be more academic, pretty intelligent/studious, and "straight-narrow" might not want to attend this school. Not that there aren't any of those to be found at KSU, it's just that they're in the minority.

The thing I love about my school is that I can follow the general course of what I want to do and then be allowed to narrow down what I'd like to do for the most part more specifically in my later years. The Visual Communications Design (VCD) program is wonderful because it allows me to focus on both illustration and graphic design. I love that I can focuse more on illustration later, but that I can also get a comprehensive background on graphic design. Not to mention I get general knowledge on other subjects to be fully rounded.

Darren

The most important thing is to visit a few campuses and see what school FEELS rite. If you are in an enviroment that you feel comfortable in then you are going to learn better. It is really important to meet with the college that you are going to be working with. Every university is known for certain programs. It is really important to do research. A degree from some schools in a given field may not mean the same as others. It is important to consider what the dorm situation is at a prospective school. Study space availability is an important thing to look into. It is also a good idea to look into what groups and clubs are offered. To get the real college experience, it is really important to stay in the dorms and to get involved as much as possible on campus. There is always something goint on.

I don't think that Kent State gets the respect that it deserves because of the name that some of its students give it. We are known for our parties far more that for our academics. I am really annoyed that people consider students from our great school as not intelligent and underachivers. I am really proud of my school and would like it if more people shared my pride.

Kent is a really liberal school in a really small city. Anyone who needs the hustle and bustle of a big city to servive should not come to kent. The campus is really green and really quiet. There is lots to do, but it does not feel like a city at all. This works for a lot of people but not for others. Also if anyone i not comfortable going out of their comfort zone, Kent is not the place for them.

The best advice I could give to a family, who is begining to search for the right college for their child is to do research. Just reading about them isn't enough, you have to call advisors, set up meetings and tours, and if your lucky enough to know a student at a particular college, talk to them, they will have the best insight. Also, for paretns, make sure that your student doesn't pick a school for the wrong reasons, friends, boy friend, girl friend, or because they think they need to go to a college to impress, you or others. They should pick a college they can see themselves not only being successfull at, but comfortable as well.

a friendly person, who is easy to get along with, and wants to have a good time. someone who isn't shy, and who is outgoing, and open to new ideas and thoughts.

honestly, nothing really stands out, i suppose the weather, in the winter, and having to wait for the bus in the rain or snow.

Monica

Go where your major takes you and where you can see youself in the future. Following friends can be detrimental to your education.

Someone who doesn't want to make friends or branch out or care about their future. Kent is wonderful for your social life and most importantly education. I can't image why anyone wouldn't like it here.

Anyone should attend. You can find a group of poeple like you or adapt to something new. Everyone can fit in somewhere if they're willing to put in any effort. It's been a great experiecnce for me and i look forward to the rest of my years there.

Claire

When i started looking at schools, i hated going on campus tours. My parents would have to drag my by the arm out of the car after numerous hours of driving to try to get me to look at schools. It was like pulling teeth for them. I just wanted them to place me somewhere, and i would just attend classes there. I don't know what I would have done without my parents. They did a lot of research for me and helped me to find a good fit. I love my social life, I love the big campus and going for long walks to class. I love the thrill of having so much work. I never know how I am going to finish it, but somehow with the help of my teacher, I end up making the deadlines. Find somewhere where teachers will help, and the environment makes you feel at home.

Kent State has an amazing fashion program. The teachers are very helpful, and are usually available to re-teach you things that you missed in class. The feeling of producing clothes that you made yourself is unbelieveable. Kent State has so many available activities including sports and greek life. The campus is amazing. Once you go to Kent, you will consider it your home.

A person that is very shy, may be overwhelmed by all that Kent State has to offer. To meet people and have a good college experience, you have to put yourself out there, and get involoved.

Farrah

Kent State University is a large school with a small town feel that is great for those that want to travel the world or those that want to stay close to home.

The typical KSU classmate is dedicated to school but knows how to have fun.

No matter where you go to college, it is about what you make of your expereience. You cannot expect the fun to come to you. You cannot expect the teacher to email you. You cannot expect the friends to come to you. You must make yourself active, socially, academically, and mentally. College is a great expereince and lets you find yourself. Students, do not depend on your parents while in school, try to become your own. Parents, let your student go a little, be there for support but don't baby them, its time for them to grow up!

Kayleigh

My classmates are very intelligent, friendly, and helpful to others who struggle with the classroom material.

The best piece of advice that I could give to parents and/or students about finding the right college would be to research every aspect of the college and the opportunities and activities it has to offer. How successful you become can be effected on how comfortable you are in the college of your choice. Location and size are huge factors because of how small or big your school population is and how far away from home it is or even if it is located in a city type setting or a country type setting. Also you can make a pros and cons list to better figured out which college suits you best. In order to make the most of the college experience, I would say to explore your options and see what the college has to offer. You can join all different types of clubs or even go into the greek society. Also the friends that you make in college are the friends that stay with you for the rest of your life. Basically, have fun and try new things to better broaden your aspect of life away from home.

Honestly, there is really nothing at my school that I find terrible. If I had to choose though, it would have to be the amount of jobs that Kent offers. It is so hard to find a job on and off campus just to be able to pay off some of my student loans.

Kent State University at Kent administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.