Kent, OH
Kent State University at Kent

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Kent

In order to find the right campus to attend you need to tour/ visit the campus. You will get a feel for the environment where you might spend the next four years. Once you select a college you should live on campus in a dorm. This helps you meet new people and you find life-long friendships in your roommates. before starting your first day of class, walk to each of your classes so that you are not confused and late on the first day of classes. Once you are settled in to your room and are getting into the routine of your classes, you should apply for an on campus job. The reason that I suggest and on campus job over an off campus job is simple. On campus you not only interact with the people you work with, you interact with the whole campus! This is a great thing. At Kent State University many foreign students work on campus. You will open your mind more to different cultures and possibly learn new languages! There are many ways to make the most of your college experience. My advice is get involed with everything positive on campus that you can!

There is more than one thing that I consider the best. I love the campus setting. It is a very large campus, but it's not crowded and overwhelming. it is very open and beautifuly scenic. Also I love that if you have any question at all about what you are learning, your professor will help you until you fully understand the material. The food on campu is second to none. The kent market serves some of the best food that I have ever tasted! It is just a great learning, social, and creative environment.

I wish that I knew it was located in the snow belt of Ohio! I also wish that I would have known how easy it was to transition from high school to Kent State University. Amazing school!

Steve

I would say that my classmates are generally accepting people, working hard to graduate, but are working harder to get to the weekend.

Picking the right college needs to be a personal experience. Just because a bunch of your high school friends are going to a certain place, doesn't mean that school is right for you. By visiting campuses and talking to current students you can find a school that makes you feel comfortable. If you feel out of place at a college, your are less apt to want to go to class and get involved which could end up hurting your future forever really. Once you have found that perfect fit, GET INVOLVED! You can learn all the information in the world during class, but that doesn't mean anything if you do not know how to apply it. On campus organizations give you the ability to showcase your knowledge and abilities to your professors and professionals in the community as well. Thousands of young adults get their collegiate degrees every year, but the ones who already have a little bit of real-life experience are the ones who are going to excel. Get your name and face out there as soon as possible and don't be shy. You never know who you are going to meet next.

Diversity. No matter who you are or where you are from, there is a student group designed for you. There are ton of extracurriculars to get involved in that will give you a more applicable learning experience than attending lecture after lecture, and they are not terribly time consuming so you can still focus on school. The best thing you can do at this campus, or any campus, is to get involved and start networking. The more people you meet and hands you shake, the easier it will be to succeed after graduation.

My classmates are kind and very willing to help out.

My classmates are kind and very willing to help out.

When looking for the right college, it is important to know what you want. When i chose to go to Kent state it was my freshman year of high school. We had a job fair and the speaker for graphic design had stated how his company really took special notice in students from Kent State. So that is what i did, my first choice senior year was Kent. I am very happy with my decision, i feel at home at this school. I enjoy all of my classes and my teachers are all willing to teach us everything they know. It is the perfect environment for me to learn and get the college experience i was hopping for.

The best thing about my school is the environment. It is very open and easy to learn in.

Daniel

My classmates are fun and energetic and very driven for the filed that they are studying.

I believe that the best way to find a college is to visit it. I had chosen another school to attend and I visited it. I did not have a good feeling about it when I was there. When I visited Kent State, I knew as soon as I stepped out of the car that this school was for me. Looking at the academics is also one of the most important things. Make sure that the school has the program that you would like to go into. Check if they are accredited or nationaly known. Picking the right college is one of the hardest things that a student/parent can do at this point in their lives, but once you see the campus and do your research, you will know that your choice was the right one.

Kent State is known for our Business program and the mass amounts of black squirrels that we have around campus.

Kent State is a postively energectic school, the faculty encourages students to be their best mentally and physically.

The best advice possible is to always do your best. Many students like to do the bare minimum around their sophomore or junior year. Senior year they will be regretting not trying their absolute hardest. Most importantly, remember that hard work always pays off. Another important factor in college is to remember where you came from, remember your values and your true friends. It is also vital to your social life to open up and be open-minded, talk to anyone and everyone. Learning and enthusiasm is contagious.

Any kind of person should attend this school. I feel that there is already a wide variety of ethnicities, races, education levels, ages and personality types. Studies must be taken seriously, but there are plenty of non-school related activities to do on campus or in the city.

Wilson

Be involved, stay on campus your first two years and remember if things get tough, your family will always be there for suppo...

Be involved, stay on campus your first two years and remember if things get tough, your family will always be there for support.

Prior to the start of my Junior year, I decided to move in with my girlfriend. Needless to say we were not ready to move in with each each other but we adjusted easily and got a little dog named Enzo.

Renee

Friends will always be there for you, but the chance to go for what is best for you is not an option you will always be granted. School is very important to me because I understand it is the experience of a lifetime and probably some of the best times I will ever have in my young life. When you are choosing a school, be sure to pick the one that is right for you and offers what you are needing or looking for. Don't pick the schools that you're freinds are going to just so you can be close. Colleges are not so confined that you can't visit or keep in touch -- just be true to yourself and what you want and don't feel pressured at all. Follow your gut and your goals and pick the school that you feel is seriously going to help you get to where you want to be. Also, don't focus TOO hard on studies. Keeping up with academics is all well and good but don't forget to have fun and make friends - its all part of the learning experience too.

Kent is a good school when it comes to learning and having fun and making friends and having a balance between those things. While having fun is a must at Kent, you should not come to Kent if you're just looking for a party school. Parties and events are focused on good causes and you should not attend if you just plan to goof off and party more than anything.

There are so many things!! The campus itself is very pretty and I love being outside. It's not too big or too small - I'm always running into the friends I've made but there are also a lot of places I can go to be alone or to study. The library is peaceful and has an endless amount of selection, the food is great and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. Campus events bring everyone together and strangers become people you haven't seen in a while. It's just an overall amazing experience.

Justin

look at community colleges or sattelite campuses for the first 2 years as a way to save money and kids can be close to or at home during this time. Really helped me adjust.

Lack of parking for commuter students and amount of traffic on campus.

Kent State University at Kent administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.