Kent, OH
Kent State University at Kent

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Kent

The students at this school are liberal and free to do what they want; however, they are open to new ideas and focus on the reason they came to this school -- academics.

The biggest advice I can give someone who is trying to find the right college is to visit the school. I had read a lot about Kent but when I stepped on campus for a tour, I knew it was where I wanted to go. It felt right. Also, I've had a few experiences of being home sick, give it a try. Don't just give up on school because you are scared of the experience you're having. As for making the most out of the college experience, make sure youg et involved. There is so much to do on a campus that all the activities may make your head spin. but the biggest piece of advice is to try new things out and see what really suits you. Be open to new ideas and new people.

Anybody should come to Kent State. The atmosphere here allows all people from different walks of life to attend.

Make sure all of the financial aid papers get turned in on time.

Make sure all of the financial aid papers get turned in on time.

The liberal aspect of it, the people, the diversity, and the artisticness of it.

Dealing with the financial aid aspect of it. It seems to be too hard to get financial aid,. Also the school needs to notify students when they need something from the student such as a missing paper that needs to be filled out to complete financial aid, or any other papers needed. I had trouble with that where I wouldn't find out that I was missing a paper until I called them a bunch of times because my financial aid wasn't going through.

Matt

Do your research when finding a college. Sometimes if the school is too big or too small it will put you off. If you are looking for somewhere reasonably close to home, and want the most out of your college experience, Kent State University is the place to go. It offers a wide variety of majors and many social clubs and activities for all interests. I highly recommend this place to any one looking for a 4 year college!

This school was closer to home and it had a better school for Architecture which is what I originally came to school for. I became so attached to the school and its way of life that I decided to stay here after I switched majors to Psychology.

This school is very well known for its Architecture program.

Jeffrey

I would look for the college that has a great program the thier major of choice and that has a good job placement program for after graduation. I would also look for one that was either small or large depending on the students preference.

Well they dont have alot of evening classes so I will occasionally have to take a day class and work around it so that I can keep on track to graduate when I want to.

someone that doesnt like to do alot of homework and like to attend every class teachers usually give homehork based on that days discussions so you have to attend every class.

Lindsi

When trying to find the right college for you, be sure that you understand what type of campus you are interested in. Keep in mind the cost of the education you want to recieve and weather or not it is affordable for you. If you already know what your main area of focus is, then maybe look into schools that are strong in that particular area. In order to make the most of your college experience, keep an academic goal in mind and really work towards it. Getting good grades can really make it more exciting to learn and look what the future holds. Also, don't be afraid to meet new people and learn how other people live. Having a good social life will also help make your experience worth while.

I don't think that the financial aide help is not as helpful as it could be.

I wish I would have know exactly what major I wanted insted of changing it a few times.

Shannon

i would say visit every college you think you may want to go to. you never know if it is the right fit til you try it on for a day. Look for a school that best fits you and what you are looking for in a college. As for making the most of the college experience no matter if you live on campus or off its what you put into college is what you will get back. So go to the football games, go to a play, join a few clubs, and take advantage of all the campus has to offer.

its close to home has a great fashion school and business school. its not too big but big enough where you meet new people everyday

someone wanting a really really big school or wanting to stay everyweekend...lots of people go home on the weekends so not a lot goes on then.

In the architecture program, the students are like one giant group of close friends. We're always together (due to program) so we tend to get along pretty well.

Definitely go visit the college. I was told that I'd know when I got to the right one. I didn't necessarily believe that, until I went on the college visits. I knew as soon as I set foot on campus that I could spend the next 5 years here; that this was the right school and program for me. Do your homework on the different types of programs and degrees available too. Meet with the director of the program that you're interested in. Talk to current students.

Lindsey

first look for the school with the best program for your major or area of interest. then picka campus you like with good teachers and programming..

its the largest student housing campus and great partys and sororities and fraturnities

it is very liberal and open to different ideas and people of different race and religion.

Kelley

My classmated are fairly determined and pretty driven students, who take their coursework seriously, but leave pleanty of time to socialize.

Choose a college that you feel comfortable at. Don't let anyone else make your choice for you. If you aren't comfortable there, chances are you aren't going to get the best experience. The class of the college doesn't mean much. Just because it may not have the best acedemics doesn't mean you can't still get a great job and live a great life.

Conservative people offended by homosexuality, drinking, and the use of marijuana would probably feel uncomfortable at this school.

Kent State University at Kent administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.