Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Students are generally pretty accepting of those different from them. Groups of friends have all kinds of contributors with different races, religions, etc. Kent makes sure the students know that activities and friendships are for EVERYONE. No one is singled out because they are 'different.' I would think that anyone should feel welcome here no matter what kind of student they are. Kent State is for everyone! Once you get to college you can basically wear what you want. Students wear sweats, pajamas, dressy clothes, etc. You can find any type of style from gothic to preppy to jock. Everyone is free to express who they are here. The majority of students here are either students from nearby to around an hour or so away or they are 'study abroad' students. I would say that most students here are fairly middle class but not many people expect students to have much money once they start college. Friends will generally talk about anything ranging from money, paychecks, relationships, food, ANYTHING.

The classmates at Kent State University are typical everyday people just placed in a learning enviroment. Here, there are different races and very different personalities. At any university there will always be those classmates that care and those that do not. The learning enviroment will either bore or engage classmates into what is being taught. The classmates here are just those people, just because they are put them in a certain setting it will not change their immediate mindset. At Kent State University there will always be classmates of diverse background who are more serious about their education than others.

I consider my classmates as open shoes. In my eyes, they are varied perspectives on life which I can see myself through and can be potential oppurtunities for self improvement, whether it be through competition, constructive criticism, general advice, or even a caring friend. Classmates can help you move forward by helping you remember deadlines, or specific project details. Every day I put myself in the shoes around me, and through the collective input of my social circles, I can honestly say that I occasionally learn more about myself and my education by those around me than from the teacher.

Classmates are generally very quiet, resevered, and usually determined to complete their course work/course with little interaction with others or making friends. The courses generally don't encourage multiple interactions to students to speak up, meet peers, or communicate openly in a friendly environment. However, this is to say students do not break these molds and do form friends or groups, however, the standard is usually for students to come in, be prepared, sit down, and be quiet. But if you talk to a student, the will usually communicate in a friendly manner, just not actively at first.

My classmates are generally friendly, interested, intellectual students who are eager to share their opinions and thoughts on the topics being discussed in class. When they first arrive as freshman they tend to be somewhat timid, but with every class they become more comfortable in the belief that they are intelligent, capable young adults. They will always help a classmate in need, and never in my experience have I witnessed a student being rude to their peers or their professors. They are open-minded and desire to learn, and I in turn have learned much from them.

My classmates are a very diverse group of individuals with their own unique aspirations. They all dream of building a bright future for themselves by doing something they love. They are not afraid to be their own person, and embrace their interests and individual talents. Although they are all different, they are united by a burning desire to succeed at college and beyond. They work hard to make their experience at Kent meaningful, and will apply all the skills that they have learned to make themselves and the world around them a better place.

As a music education major, most of my classmates are music students. These students are usually great people aside from those previously mentioned. They are hard working individuals who are always offering help to others. As music students, we tend to flock together and be there for each other and our recitals performed at the school. I will be joining the marching band next year and it could be best described as "what other class can you have 100+ instant friends?" I am anticipating a great upcoming semester.

In my major the classmates are close and care about their work and want to strive hard to do their best. There are some students, like always, that don't care as much as others. They are very dedicated, which you have to be to be in the Interior Design program here at KSU. Other students outside of the major are always seen studying in the student center or at the library until it closes at 2 A.M. every night. Overall, KSU students seem dedicated to their work and want to do their very best.

At first colleg was a scary thing to me, I always knew I wanted to go and further my education but leaving home was a different story. When I arrived at Kent State I was surprised to see all the actitives available to meet new friends and staff members. The first activity i attended was called KSEA where i got to meet and talk to all the people inrolled in the teaching program. It was a rewarding experience to meet new friends and choosing Kent State was the best decision I have made thus far.

My classmates vary depending on each and every class. My general education classes bring people of all majors in, in which case I'd describe them as drones. We all take classes that the university says will make us well-rounded individuals, and some of the students are surprised at what they are interested in. Classmates in classes pertaining to my major are very task-oriented yet personable. They're just like me, and I felt like an outsider before I went to college.