Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

The past two years at Kent State University have been incredible. My classes and classmates play a huge role in how satisfied I have been. There is a wide range of diversity in all of my classes, which enables everyone to express themselves in their own way. Every person that I have come in contact with has been extremely open-minded, friendly, helpful, willing to learn, focused and determinded. Overall, I have had a wonderdul experience with my classmates.

Well i only know about twenty classmates. I would say that everyone understands that school comes first but every week people are eager for the weekend so they can be free from the constraints of home work and labs, ect. Other many traits that i see in my classmates are that they rely on each other alot. Whether its not taking notes or something that is in the area of helping with academics. I see my classmates as my colleagues because one day they will be.

My classmates are the most unique, fun, exciting individuals I've ever met in my life because they challenge me to go outside my comfort zones to share with them details about my life that I have never shared with friends before college, to be spontaneous in public situations when I usually would be quiet and reserved, and to just have a fun experience while working towards my degree and making the contacts I can use in the future.

Going into college, I had no idea what to expect when it came toward my classmates. My first day moving in, everyone was very inviting in my hall and very helpful. Once classes started, I made many friends in all my classes. The classmates I met were very nice and always willing to help out if i needed it. The classmates I met in my classes made it easier to learn and I also made many friends which I still have today.

Everyone is completely different at Kent State. This school is very diverse and there are several ways in which anyone can meet different types of people. Different types of students interact all the time because many programs must complete a diversity requirement. I feel that Kent is a very comfortable environment where anyone can voice any opinions or beliefs they have without being judged.

I attend the online portion of the RN to BSN program so my interaction with my classmates occurs in the virtual world of Blackboard. I have met a diverse group of people through these courses. It has been an interesting experience having so many nurses gathered together and able to interact with so many different types of nurses with varying backgrounds and experiences.

The Kent State student body is diverse, with individuals ranging from 16 to 80 years old; from different ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds; and is composed of not just Ohio-based students but students from around the world, all of whom add something unique to the rich historic culture that makes the Kent State University student body a true melting pot.

The classmates at Kent are a diverse, compassionate crowd. They are there to help in any way that they can. This can range from forming a study group to sparking debates to allow ideas to flow or bringing a cheery air of school spirit or just being friendly in general. Kent students, summarized, are an embodiment of what and how people should be and act.

I have had a diverse group of classmates from the traditional 18 year old student who lives on campus, the 16 year old post secondary student who is balancing college and high school, to the non-traditional student with children trying to balance work and college with family. I have learned much from these people and I hope to keep in touch with them.

My classmates and I have gotten to be very close. Being in the Nursing program with only 100 other students has helped us all to bond very well. We help eachother study and are very encouraging with the grades each of us receive. We have fun together but always put school first because we realize how important gaining knowledge for our profession is.