Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State University is best known for two things. The first is the tragic May 4th shooting that i believed strenghtened the university and really did change the country and started a movement in colleges acrossthe country. Our other world known achievment is our fashion college. This college is one of the top colleges in the country and the world. Students from all over the country flock to Kent to try to become one of our great fashion students. These two things will not be the last thingsthat kent does to change the country.

KSU is one of the most diverse, accepting universities in Northeast Ohio. When a senior in high school has to decide where they have to go to college, nine times out of ten they'll choose Kent State if they're going into fashion or nursing. Kent has an exceptional nursing program, ranked 5th in the nation in size, and 127th in the nation for quality of education. As far as fashion is concerned, it's ranked 3rd in the nation for both size and quality of education. Both programs are intense, yet give very respectable degrees.

My school is best know for excelerated academics. It was rated as one of the top schools in Ohio. Just because it is a large campus does not mean that all classes are the same way. There is a very good student to teacher ratio. They offer small classes where both students and their professors become actively engaged. At the same time, there are large classes for those who prefer the lecture-based format of learning. The professors expect the best out of each student which provides a great amount of motivation for success.

Right now, I am attending the Stark Regional Campus of Kent State. My school is known as an excellent, affordable branch of Kent State. Kent State Stark allows you to obtain some Bachelor degrees here or you can finish here or continue your degree at the main Kent Campus. I am currently transitioning to the Kent Campus and I am applying for this scholarship for the Kent Campus. The Kent Campus is more of a financial burden than the Stark Campus and since I'm seeking a degree in Engineering I have to go to the Kent Campus.

Kent State University is well known for the sense of community that it has. The school provides many ways for you to meet new people and make new friends. There is always somewhere you can go to get help with anything whether it is homework or just a problem you are having in your life. It provides many tools for students to utilize that will help them further the knowledge and skills of their major. Coming to Kent State will make the student feel that they are coming to a school that genuinely cares for their education.

Kent State is best known for the majors of education, nursing, fashion, and architecture. However, any major that is selected at Kent State will provide excellent education on that particular subject. The professors are well educated and able to teach their particular subject well. Students learn the information necessary to do well in their career when graduation approaches. On a noneducational note, Kent State is known for their famous black squirells and how they interact with students on their walks to class.

John Hay Early College is best known for their rigorous curriculum. It is a three year high school where you take all honor classes. So in order to achieve graduation in three years you take yearly courses in semesters. This school is tough and challenging but is worth the hardwork. The school thrives in a very poor Cleveland Metropolitian School District and was able to compete with top suburban high schools. I would highly recommend John Hay High school to any student who lives in the Greater Cleveland area.

Kent State University is best known as top rated in nursing and the fashion school has been endorsed by the Ohio Board of Regents as a center of excellence and rated as one of the top in the country and 13th best in the world. Kent State University is also known as having a high success rate in graduates and it's motto is "Excellence in Action" which makes this university the prime place for achieving life goals. Kent State University has made great strides in becoming a breeding ground for excellence.

Kent State University is most notable for the disburtion of black squirrels around Ohio from an experiment roughly fifty years ago on campus. As a result, hundreds of black squirrels can be found everywhere on Kent's campus as well as surrounding areas. Kent State takes great pride in these animals- they have even devoted an entire festival to the black squirrels called the "Black Squirrel Festival." This university has even dedicated radio shows and hundreds of books to these rare sqiurrels.

Kent State University is best known for its excellent placement of college graduates in and occupation of their preffered field. KSU has a very prestigious Art program as well as a highly respected Education, Nursing, and Business program. Kent has a strong sense of school spirit which unites it's roughly 30,000 students as well as it's numerous alumni. It was all of these reasons that i chose to put my education in the capable hands of the diverse staff at Kent State University.