Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Some things that Kent State Universitiy is well known for: A strong nursing program, strong architecture, The Miami String Quartet (artists in residence at the school of music), The May Fourth events, artsy culture, etc.

Kent State is best known for the shooting of May 4th, but when speaking of education, Kent is known for their architecture and VCD programs. They also give the ability for students to study abroad to numerous countries.

Unfortunately, our school is known for the May 4th Shootings which killed many protestors at Kent State. This was a negative event in history but has brought all of Kent State University campus together as a family.

Kent State is best known unfortunately for the May 4th shooting back in 1970, after that they are known for holding the patent for liquid crystals, even having a building named after it, and a good basketball team.

Kent State Univeristy is globally known for the student massacre that took place on May 4, 1970. However it also known for its excellent fashion degree programs and as one of Northeastern Ohio's best universities.

My school is widely known for their fashion program. We are currently ranked second in the nation for fashion majors. People from all over the country attend Kent State University for their fashion program.

I believe my school, Kent State University, is known for quite a few things; one being the great football ball team and Kent State is known for being one of the top 100 public school in the United States.

Kent State is best known for the infamous Kent State shootings in which four students were shot and killed during a war protest. They are also known for their "unofficial mascot"--the black suirrel.

Our school isn't very well known for sports like some neighboring schools. It is most well-known for the riots of May 4th that occured years ago, where students were shot, injured, and killed.

Kent State University is best known for 2 things. The first is black squirrels. The campus is filled with them! Kent State is also known for the May 4th memorial which is recognized annually.