Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

I had visisted three other schools for their Fashion Merchandising programs as a highschool senior. Chosing Kent State University was the greatest decision I could possibly make because their Fashion School is so overwhelmingly advanced. The resources I have as a Kent Fashion student are incredible. No other university had a Fashion Histoy Museum connected to their school of Fashion, nor did they have their own textile lab! Kent State University also does a wonderful job getting students involved. I am in the Fashion Student Organization and being included in such a reputable organization has been a life changing experience!

The first thing that caught my eye about Kent was it's welcoming campus and staff. The beautiful landscape and Recreational Center makes the campus more comfortable. Kent State University also has a great Visual Communication Design program that has provided the challenges and successes neccessary for me to work hard towards my ambitions. The professors have taught me the importance of time management as I have worked hard through my endeavors. Kent makes me feel like I can accomplish anything, while other schools that I visited seemed limited on enthusiasm, space, and involvement opportunities.

The campus feels like a community. Many of the residence halls include learning community based on majors and there are many on campus activities for students to participate in. There are a lot of programs and events during the week and on weekends for all students including free and cheap concerts, video game tournaments, billiards, cards, along with computer labs, open lounges for commuters and residents and even a bar in the basement of the student center. We have alot of different and healthy food choices on campus. We have support and help for students that are LGBT and disabled.

I am most impressed with the broad spectrum of activities and access to resources. Not only are there several opportunities for involvement, but these opportunities are beneficial to future plans. I recently joined Phi Delta Epsilon, which is an organization for students with a future in medicine. Just the other day, we met with the dean of admissions at Case Western Medical School while he shared tips for success on the path to medical school. Not every school has the capability of bringing in such valuable speakers, but Kent State's upstanding reputation makes it possible.

I think the most unique thing this school has is the fact that they offer three hundred degree programs, where as in other universities some programs are unavailable. Kent State also offers associates, baccalaureate, masters, and even doctoral degrees. As I understand the many schools I considered do not offer all these degrees. Kent State University is also known as one of the largest Universities in all of Ohio. The reasons I decided to attend Kent State was because of the variety of programs it offers and the amount they offer along with being the top university in Ohio.

Kent is a large university with a small-town vibe, which creates the perfect learning and growing environment for college-age students. The large university provides access to great resources, various organizations, and expert faculty. Student life is diversified and opportunities for success are wide. The small-town vibe, however, helps to keep the size of the university from being overwhelming. Kent State's partnership with downtown Kent creates a creative and exciting outlet for the work's week, which is a great place for students to relax and enjoy themselves.

The things that stood out to me the most when considering Kent State were the beautiful campus and all of its anemities, including many excellent choices for dining, a wide variety of helpful resources for struggling students, and a multitude of opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities. There is also such a wonderful amount of diversity here where a person from any kind of minority, like me, can flourish and really enjoy their college experience comfortably. This appealed to me more than anything else when looking at prospective universities.

There are many unique aspects to Kent State University, but to begin I would say the amount of programs they have to offer for the different majors. KSU has some of the best programs to offer in Northeast Ohio that would give the better job opportunities upon graduation. Also, KSU has a wide range of diversity among the school. There are people from all over the world that you have the opportunity to become friends with and that is an amazing experience to become globally aware and adapt to new experiences in college that you wouldn't somewhere else.

The first thing I noticed about Kent State was the campus. It is a large campus with a lot of green space and not many roads cutting through. The buildings are a mixture of classical architecture with modern technology and it is a beautiful combination. The second thing that makes Kent State stand out is the large selection of classes. I have a unique major-minor combination and Kent State's class load has made it easy to fulfill. My education is much more well-rounded due to the large quantity of options when selecting classes.

What's unique about this school as to compared to other schools I have looked at would be it's well-rounded education. Before attending Kent Sate I looked into a Veterinary Technician school called Bradford in Columbus this was probably a more hands on school, but you really don't aquire a well rounded education through this kind of school like you do at Kent. Being provided with such a wide variety of new information and things to learn really broadens your outlook on what it is you really want to do with the rest of your life.