Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State is the second largest college campus in Ohio. Kent provides many services in order to help you succeed academically and has over 200 clubs to get involved in. The library has 12 floors so it is easy to find a place to study. There is always something to do between athletic events, social activities, watching free movies at the Kiva, going to the rec center, etc. The esplanade, a path running through campus, even leads you directly to downtown Kent where there is a variety of restaurants and shops to choose from.

My school is unique because the faculty really takes the time to get to know you. I haven't had the best transition from high school to college but the staff helped me and they encouraged me to do better for myself , without that help I wouldn’t' have received the grades and GPA that I did receive. I met a lot of amazing people from all over the world who all are majoring in dfferent things, but the one thing I didn't expect was the compassion and understanding that they have for others who are different from them.

One thing that is unique about Kent State is an organization that I participated in, College of Arts and Sciences Learning Community. This is an organizaion that allows incoming freshman to participate in. This organization assigns a mentor to a group of incoming students to help them adapt to the college setting. We also broaden the learning experience beyond the classroom and lab setting.The students also have the oppurnity to make close and personal realationships with faculty that the other students don't have.

Kent State is a University that is diverse and that offers a great education. The campus is great and the things they offer was much better than the others schools I looked at. Kent State felt very much like home, the other schools i considered didn't feel much like home. They didn't offer the quality of education that Kent does. Kent State is the most unique by the history of the school, with the May 4th shootings and its mix of new and very well kept, old buildings giving the campus comfortable cultural feel.

Kent State is unique because it is very liberal. There is also an amazing greek community on campus that I would recommend to anyone that a student here. Also the student media is becoming very strong and offers some of the best facilities that I had seen at any college I visited. The concerts that come to campus are also very high profile artists at an affordable price. The campus is beautiful, it is very big but has a ton of trees and great landscaping. Finally, it is a quick drive from Cleveland and Akron.

Kent State is unique is the fact that there is always something to do and that even though it is such a large campus - there is a sense of unity and community. Kent State also takes pride in having some of the best resources available, including the StyleTech lab, most of which is available for student use. We also have the abilty to move on from dark events in the past and to turn around and use it to make the world more educated and a better place, which is the purpose of the May 4 memorial and events.

Kent State University differs from many other schools for mnay reasons. Kent State provides such a welcoming community; each and everyone seem to care about each other when it comes to personal problems and even in class. Despite of Kent being a huge university, the professors absolutely engage with you in class and outside class. Their office ours are very reasonable and that's when you really get to ask them questions about the lecture or the class. Kent is just a very easy-going and fun environment.

Kent State is unique because it has a small town feel, but it is just as competitive as a big city school. They offer hundreds of degrees with a high graduation rate. The campus is extremely liberal, so it is open to all people. About 20 minutes away there are big cities like Akron and Cleveland that you can visit. The school is good for both those who like to party on the weekends or for those who would rather stay in. There is much school pride here also making sports events fun and exciting.

I think the most unique thing about kent state is the size of the campus and all the students that attend. When you first enter Kent is isn't a big town, but the campus is pretty vast with different people all around. A lot of people up here are pretty friendly as well. It kind of makes it hard to truly not have any friends. Kent is also very innovate in a lot of fields. Their fashion program is one the best in Ohio. They also pioneered in liquid crystal used for laptop and computer screens.

What makes Kent State unique is while we may be an average university in the middle of Ohio, we have created a reputation that rivals some of the top schools in the nation. For the fashion school, we are ranked third in the country in a recent survey. We also have excellent programs in nursing and education. There are also excellent study abroad oppotunities in places like Florence, Geneva, and Hong Kong. We have a traditional setting, but a diverse environment with a place for everyone.