Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

I attended KSU as an 18 year old and again as a 43 year old. Be willing to explore and participate. Whether you live on campus or not be part of the KSU community. Make lasting friendships and learn all that you can. You never know if you are going to be able to finish your degree in the first four years after high school or wait and come back after 25 years. Make the most of every minute you are there. Party and have fun, but remember you are there to learn more than anything else.

If someone asked me what as unique about Kent State I wouldn't really know how to answer. I've lived in kent my entire life and with the collage covering most of town I've grown up with all the different sounds and the people. When I talk to friends from other places however they say it's always busy. It's true there's never a dull day at kent and you never live the same day twice. I think life is better as surprises though because that's how life is. Nobody knows what the future holds.

I am going to be completely honest with this one; the food choices. I have never been given the chance (being a freshman) to have the choice to eat whatever I want, and have whatever I am in the mood for. Even though I plan to transfer schools (due to a field of study change) I know for a fact that I will miss the food. The other thing that makes it unique is the 24 hour library, and the chance to have tutors help you out whenever you want! Definitely gives you the chance to succeed!

Other campus's i visited and considered going to only had one or the other in terms of what i wanted out of a college. Either the school didn't have my intended major, was to small, was to far away, or just didn't seem like they wanted me there. Kent state offered all of these options and more. Kent State is top in the state in my major, has a medium size campus with around 15,000 students, only about an hour away, and has kept me interested ever since I was a senior in high school.

Kent State is the second largest school in Ohio, next to only Ohio State. It does a great job providing a larger scale university in a small town atmosphere. Kent is 10 minutes from Akron, and 45 minutes from Cleveland, so it's convenient if you prefer or want to explore city life. I attended a smaller perochial school up until attending Kent State, and I knew I wanted experience something bigger. Kent State provides that atmosphere without feeling like you're lost in the shuffle.

Kent State University is unique compared to other schools because of the amount of participation they get from their students. Whether it is community service, becoming a part of an organization, or just attending one of the many sporting events offered through Kent State, there is always a large percentage of students who attend. Everyone likes to be envolved on campus. It does not matter how big the student population is, everyone can find a way to be a part of something.

Kent State was a perfect choice for me based on the size of campus and the distance from my hometown. Kent is the perfect size. It's not too big where I still get lost while being in my second semester, but campus is big enough where I feel like there is still new adventures to be had and new people to be met. Also, it being a mere 2 hours away from home, I get a sense of independence and adulthood because I'm away from home, yet if I get home- sick, home is a car ride away.

The Campus itself as well as the professors seemed much more down to earth and willing to interact with studends in anyway necessary to provide a satisfactory learning experience and to help the student reach their maximum potental. Kent State also offered a myriad of different options in degrees and majors where as a few of the colleges, which in all reality is very important for a student struggling with the major life descision "what will I be when I grow up?"

Kent state University was one of two school that had my major, which is zoology. I liked kent for various reasons when i came to Destination Kent State I instantly clicked with the tour guides, they were all so easy to talk to. They made you feel at home. The campus was very clean as well, and so beautiful. I also got a chance to come a week early to move in with a group called Kupita. They made me feel even more at home. I am able to be apart of B.U.S.

The thing that I enjoyed the most about Kent was the fact that no matter what your background was or what type of personality you had, you could always find somewhere where you felt you belonged. Kent State is unique in the fact that it is just the right size--not so small that you are limited to the types of students you meet and the friends you make, and yet not so big that it feels like an overwhelming campus where you just "feel like a number".