Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State was and still is my number one choice school, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The campus is in a safe neighborhood and there's always something to do. The wide array of clubs makes sure that everyone on campus is involved. The faculty is welcoming and the student body is very diverse. This allows students to experience other cultures and ways of life. In all Kent is a school with a rich history and an all around great place to be.

The fact that this school offers so much is what makes it unique. It is like a farm school for other big schools. It is a good start to get you going in the right direction, however, there are only a few solid programs that are good to get a degreee in. They also offer a varitey of extra curricular activites that make this school unique and diverse. There are plenty of activites to be involved in to meet people and make good friends.

The people here are what make this place tollerable. If I stayed in my home state of New Jersey, I don't think I would have received the same vibe that I get from this student body. The professors are also very active in their field, which is a requirement to be able to teach here. I feel that the professors at Kent provide a more educated and active body of teachers if they are still present in the area, or areas, they are teaching.

Kent State is unique because it offers a wide range of majors, including programs that are some of the best in the country. There is something available for everyone, and there are plenty of opportunities for one to discover what career path they would like to take. Everything is very organized and comfortable, more than other schools I have looked at, and I think that it really has a huge impact on the success of the students.

The Kent State campus feels very much like my home. I feel comfortable living there because the environment around me is familiar and easy to adapt to. The student body is filled with friendly people who are all seeking an education as well as looking to make new friends. Kent State constantly offers students chances to get involved through activities and events that allow us to express ourselves and grow as individuals.

I love Kent in that it is a smaller college that still has a bigger college feel to it. Kent offers so many classes with so much variety that anyone can find what they are looking for here. When I first arrived at Kent I was a transfer student from a smaller community college and the other students have been extrely helpful and friendly to me . Also, my instructors have gone above and beyond to help me acheive my goals.

This school believes in me and offers me the chance to do what I want to do instead of what people expect me to do because, at my home, people would tell me I wouldn't succeed in the field of journalism; but here, the teachers and faculty do not criticize my goals but encourage me to follow my heart and my passions while helping me improve my skills and increase my knowledge so that I can achieve my dreams one day.

The school itself is quite large but at the same time it is so beautiful with all the greenery. What really stands out is the comrodery that everyone shares with eachother. Kent also actually cares about their students as well. I have a few friends that go to different colleges and from what they tell me about their college it only seems like they want you money and once they get it you're thrown to the wolves.

Kent State is very friendly and you will feel very welcome here. There are people of all different types. The staff really wants to help you get your degree as quick as they can which is great for you. There are more than enough extra-curricular activities here. They literally have everything you need on campus. The campus is always clean an beautiful. Just a wonderful college overall. No regrets of attendance.

There is a very strong focus on academic standing and involvement with professors and other students. Each member of the Kent staff is incredibly friendly and timely with responses, which is helpful when in a time crunch. The campus feels safe, homely, and inviting, which is unlike many other college campuses. There is more to do than just drink on the weekends, and friendships made here last a lifetime.