Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State Univesity is such a well known school and it deserves the attentin it gets because it's a great place to attend college. There is so much diversity in so many diferent areas thathere is something somewhere for everyone. People are friendly and social and willing to befriend you and help you with anything you need, and we get so many well known people to visit and entertain and talk to us.

Well we have this study aboad program which caught my attention where you get to travel to certain place in the world based on your major. Considering my major is Fashion Merchandising I would get to study abroady in Florence Italy, or Paris, London, New York. Just to name a few places but while there I would have the opportunity to Intern there and possibly make future connections for my career.

Kent State strives for diversity. There's millions of activities, clubs, and classes to choose from. We actually have a course about vampires!!! Kent as a university looks for ways to include people of all types of backgrounds and cultures. Of course all schools want diversity, but when I look around this campus I feel no boundaries whatsoever. I just felt a different atmosphere here.

The diversity on the Kent State Campus makes the university very unique. I have had the opportunity to associate with many wonderful people from different backgrounds, age groups, and lifestyles. We have students from not only all over the United States, but also from across the world. Being that I was raised in a small town, the cultural experiences has been very enlightening for me.

Kent State is a fantastic school! The educators are as well rounded as the students. The honors college is helpful and just being around great students and getting involved is refreshing. The opportunities at Kent State are abundant and it is really easy to stay active with anything you enjoy, whether it is in your major or not. Kent State really cares about your education.

One of the main reasons I decided to attend Kent State rather than other colleges is the sense of unity one feels at this school. Although this is one of the largest campuses around, one cannot help but always feel included. The activities and organizations are open to everyone and as an individual, one is free to explore and express themselves in an honest and open way.

My school's unofficial mascot is a Black Squirrel. There are tons of squirrels on campus, and they are very friendly and walk up to people while they walk to class. Another unique thing about my school is the amount of diversity on campus. I have never seen so many different types of people in one area before in my life. Plus we have a club or organization for everyone.

For the most part the campus landscaping is really nice and walking to class is enjoyable. The academic program for students going into education suits all my needs and my learning style. I love meeting diverse people who are interested in a wide variety of eperiences so enrolling in a large school opens many networking opportunities that small colleges will lack.

The Kent campus is the perfect size. It is not huge but, at the same time it is not terribly small. The atmosphere is inviting persuading you to learn and want to be there. The campus is easy to get around and provides numerous accommodations such as the busing, the SI sessions, and computer labs. The campus is also being beautified and remodeled and looks great!

Kent offers a huge selection of majors and courses. Although it has a huge campus it has a small school feel and many on campus events make it extremely easy to meet new people and feel at home. Kent also offers study abroad experiences in Europe through Kent State Universities so students can still expect to pay the same amount as they do at Kent State.