Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

What I think is most unique is the diversity of students--not only racially, but also in reference to economic status, the sort of backgrounds they come from, and scholastic interests. At any given time, you could be surrounded by fashion majors, psychology majors, even those studying the more obscure pursuits, such as Japonise or music theory.

I believe what makes my school unique compared to the other schools is this strong image of originality and tradition. This school has been around for decades and lots of historical events took place here. For what its worth I believe that a school that built around something like that would in a way help improve my own college experience.

Kent State is a very different school than most. Being a well known school in such a small city makes it unique and feel like home. The school and teachers here are excellent and really strive to help students. Kent State also has a lot of different research buildings which makes it quite unique, such as the Liquid crystal institute.

Kent State is ranked pretty high. I heard a lot of great things about them. I saw a lot of commercials about the great programs they offer. It is about two and a half hours from where I live. It gave me the great opportunity to experience the college experience but still be close enough to travel home when I needed to do so.

Kent has a very unique campus. There are all kinds of people, from many different places, and everyone interacts. The most unique thing would have to the night-life. With all different kinds of people, social gatherings are very fun. Kent is a great place to meet new people and experience new things with those new people.

Kent State has some unique properties but the one that sticks out the most to me would be its campus architecture and beauty. Especially during the Fall; the leaves, black squirrels and overall building placement and designs come together to create a memorable and aesthetic environment for anyone who visits the campus.

Kent State University offers a diverse range of majors and degrees. I found this especially unique and important because as an incoming freshmen I was unsure of what I wanted to go into. Kent State offered resources and advisors to help me narrow down my possibilities as well as offering many majors to chose from.

As a fashion student from Ohio my options were limited if I wanted to stay in state. Kent State offers a fashion program that challenges some of the other major fashion schools around the Country. They offer campuses to fashion students in New York and Italy, I don't know of any school in Ohio that offers that.

Kent State is unique in that it is very diverse. There is a lot of individuality here. Some people say it is a very colorful campus because of the diversity. There are not only people of different race but also people of different sexuality, backgrounds, etc. It makes classes and social life very interesting.

What makes Kent State University unique is the fact that the universities library is the tallest building, which makes it easy to find. I also use it as a landmark to help me get to my dorm at night. It also chimes every quarter hour so I know what time it is during the day so I'm not late for my next class.