Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

What I brag about is how I can actually get away from my neighborhood and branch out. My wish is to succeed in life, this will give me the tools I will need to do so. There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t brag about when it comes to Kent, it is a very beautiful campus and I’m eager to start my formal education. I brag because I know with this I can become something that most people don’t have the opportunity to be, highly educated. In life that’s something we can all be proud of.

How open Kent is and how safe I feel when i am there. I always feel safe no matter what time of the day . When i am at Kent state Stark campus , i can walk to my car and to my classes knowing that i am in a safe and secure enviroment . I don't feel like i am in a crowded city with other things besides education going on . At my campus i can breathe . I dont have to worry about shootings or other crime going on where i go to school and thats deffenitly something to brag about.

The availability of online learning. I am a non-traditional student and I love the ability to attend classes without having to attend classes. I took 18 years off of school and really did not want the campus experience this time around. KSU offers many classes online for those of us working adults with families and responsibilities. This to me is the best thing about KSU. I did the campus life in my earlier years now I want convenience and ability to work on my schedule.

Actually, I've been gone so long, I don't really brag about Kent anymore. It wasn't very far away from home, but it was far enough that it gave me some autonomy. I met great friends there who are still my friends. Classes were challenging and some were very stimulating. Of course Kent is very controversial due to the slayings in the 70's. I started there a few months after that event. I also taught the child whose father organizes each year's memory events from that time.

When discussing Kent State University with other individuals I brag the most about how personable the University is. Before attending Kent State University I went to another 4 year University with 60,000 students, making me feel like a number. However at Kent State the professors are available to each student and the staff is friendly and approachable. When discussing issues that arise during the year I know that I will receive and answer in a timely and polite manner.

Architecture and how many amazing ideas, designs, concepts, and structures are around this world. The campus is extremely nice and clean. The whole enviornment is very exciting and busy. I am currently in the study abroad program studing Architecture in Florence Italy and it is really amazing. I would suggest to anyone intrested in traveling to travel with their school. It is an awsome experience and will be remembered for the rest of my life.

All the time, friends from home and family ask me how college is going. It's one of those questions that have an automatic response like, "It's going good" but, when I respond it's much more than that. Kent State really makes it a very enjoyable place to receive your education. Every staff member here from professors to cooks, really enjoy their job and are always friendly. It makes it feel more welcoming and comfortable everyday.

I haven't been to Kent yet, but my undergraduate school I went to Southeastern University in Florida and I would say.... It is like living in an endless summer camp with buildings that make you feel like you are in Italy. Our chapels (Christian school), always consisted of weird games and challenges and people being very loud. It was just a big fun time where everybody knew everybody and people could lay on hammocks everywhere.

Honestly, I really brag about Kent States Academic success compared to alot of Universitites surrounding my school. I say this because, other schools that I was considering attending for the fall of 2011 school year was pretty much open enrollment and almost anyone could be accepted into those schools. I pride myself on being one of the selected students whom was chosen, and accepted into Kent State University. I Love my KSU!

I am a mature woman re-entering school in order to further my skills and training so that I can upgrade my employment status. I have found Kent state to be very accommodating in regards to my needs as a nontraditional student. I have a job and I am head of household for my family. Kent has demonstrated a desire to help me reach my goals and the professors have provided the students with the resources needed to be successful.