Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

I am currently pursing my Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising and as a Fashion student I often find myself bragging about the success of Kent State’s Fashion School & Program. Both the school and program provides helpful resource and devotes much time and effort to place students with career based internships and also career jobs

I brag the most about the meal plan. The meal plan is nice because it can be used to go grocery shopping at the campus shops in the dorm halls as well as the food places. We have so many food choices, you are not restricted to a couple things, there are a variety. It is hard to choose what to eat sometimes because of all the choices.

When I brag about my school the topic is usually about the academic aspect of Kent State. Usually I talk about how experienced the professors are here. I like comparing Kent State's staff to other school's. Usually I find that the professors at Kent are much more experienced and academically challenging than those of other colleges.

I tell them that KSU is one of the best social colleges to go to, and one of the best to get a higher education. I have made so many new friends up at kent, and I have expanded my knowledge in my major vastly. It is my first year at kent, and I love it. Also academics aside, it is a beautiful campus, with great people.

Kent State University recently went to the College World Series in 2012! The Nursing School at Kent State is absolutely wondersful. The teachers want to be there and they want you to be a better nurse. The campus is big, yet small at the same time. You see someone you know almost every time you are walking to class.

I brag mostly about the sense of community I share with my fellow musical theatre students. I also brag about the individual attention from all the staff and faculty. The faculty really care what their students have to say and care about making their students the best not only performers but people they can be.

I would talk about my intramural sport experience playing broomball and soccer. Some of the Kent Basketball games are really fun to attend in the winter. I would also talk about some of our hall activities such as capture the flag and ultamate frisbee games. Overall, I talk about my social life experiences.

If I was talking to my friends that go to Kent's rival school, Akron, the answer would be simple; our school is just better. That isn't often considered a valid answer, though, so I might elaborate and mention our beautiful campus or the places to eat that don't have food that tastes like cardboard.

I always talk about the benefits of the fashion progam. The study abroad options are great, the courses are advanced comparedd to any other university's fashion school, and there are plenty of opportunities to be involved in the fashion industry before actually graduating and beginning a career.

I let people know that Kent State is a good college for the tuition they ask. I could get the SAME BSN at a more expensive college, but why? I'll get the same licensure in the long-run and I'll have less debt! Kent is quality at a rate that people can afford, even during a recession!