Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

In my personal opinion, the worst thing about this school is just the price to attend this school and to live on campus. For students that cannot get enough financial aid, it is difficult to be able to afford to live on campus and therefore harder to be involved in clubs and other activites.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of help I have received for future plans like a career or graduate school. Kent does have a career fair every year but attracts only large corporations and not local businesses and there is almost no help for people who want to go graduate school.

The worst thing about my school is the communication between students, advisors, teachers and administration. They are suppossed to work towards helping us achieve our academic and life goals but they fail to communicate with each other to facilitate an enviornment in which we can succeed.

The worst thing I can say about my school is that some of my fellow students are racist. As a young black male on campus, its somewhat difficult to deal with some of the other students. When it comes to doing some group assignments, its difficult to work with some of the students as well.

I am a transfer student and transferring from my previous school to Kent State was very difficult. There were many classes that Kent State did not accept transfer credits for that were equivalent to classes at Kent State so I had to retake these classes which wasted both time and money.

If I had to choose the worst thing about Kent State University, I would say the weather is by far the worst. During the Fall and Winter semesters temperature regularly stay below freezing, there is heavy snowfall and it is a job just to leave the house and face the elements outside.

I think that the worse thing about my school is the lack of on-campus student housing. I have never had a dorm room there because they're never available. There is a lot of of places off-campus to stay but I have applied months and months ahead of time and I never received housing.

The worst thing about my school is the over population. There is problems with it not being enough room in dorms to really accomadate every student, so they fill the lounges up with four people hoping that students will just drop out or transfer or just move to there own apartment.

As the Kent Campus is rather large, the "worst" thing about my school is the class sizes. I prefer smaller class sizes, but unfortunately the student population calls for large lecture halls. On the bright side, it's an experience being able to have a class in a large lecture hall.

Trying to fill out my first semester schedule with a substitute academic advisor because mine was not available. Don't feel she was knowlegeable in what classes I needed and was able to take because I had several AP tests passed and many of the core classes are not necessary.