Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent cares more about the way it looks. 1) Every year there is a new construction project. Instead, they should spend money and time on increasing student morality. I've been at this school for many years and the student body is not very warm or welcoming. And as the years go on its getting worse. 2) When looking at pictures that the school puts up on display, the pictures show a lot more diversity than what really exists. Yes, there are people of every background in attendence, but the majority of the student body is white.

The worst thing, and probably my only complaint about Cuyahoga Community College, is the fact that the student body is not as large or diverse. Four year universities have much more comradery amongst students then Community College's would. By attending a university, you have the opportunity to live with a bunch of kids that are the same age as you. This gives you a great opportunity to meet new people and make long lasting friendships. At community college's the student body consists of only those that are in the community.

What I consider to be the worst thing about Kent State more than likely applies to other colleges as well. The worst thing is that the tuition price and room/board rates are rising for the following academic year (2012-2013). With minimal help from federal aid, I am already struggling with figuring out how I am going to pay for my sophomore year. The fact that I now have to come up with even more money for my education is extremely painful. If the costs at Kent continue to increase, I will no longer be able to afford it.

The worst thing about my school, Kent State University, would probably have to be the residence halls. I stayed in the freshman residence halls first semester and it was the worst part of my first semester. I had a roommate who was extremely loud and nothing was ever done about it. However, I switched residence halls second semester and I am much more comfortable. I have no more complaints this semester about my living situation. I moved to nicer dorms with my own bathroom, and my roommate is much more considerate.

The thing that I consider the worst about Kent State University is the weather. I just remind myself that I live in Ohio. While the weather is my least favorite thing about Kent State University, it is also my favorite. Kent is so green and beautiful in the spring and summer. Then in the fall Kent State University turns to the most beautiful campus in North East Ohio. The colors are magical. However when winter arives, the winter is the worst. My best advice is to have a long winter coat, and good winter boots.

What I consider as the worst thing about my school is that even though it is a major university, Kent State can still be labeled as a commuter college. A large percentage of the students that are attending school here live at home in different cities. And even the students that live on campus or around it still go home on the weekends very frequently. On some weekends the campus seems like a ghost town strictly because that lack of students. This would definitely be what I consider as the worst thing about my school.

The worst thing about my school is actually partially why I chose this school. Because Kent is in Ohio, it faces the cold days of snowy winter. While I wanted to live through all four seasons at college, poor weather can make getting to class difficult. On top of that, because the school was built like a wind tunnel, the wintery weather becomes more difficult to manage. At the same time, I am grateful for the ice cold weather because it's just like home. I'm glad that something so minor is the worst thing about Kent.

There are not too many bad things at Kent State University, but if i where to list any I would say some of the dorms. Its the dorms with the public bathrooms that are the worst. They are disgusting. Also I think the fact that the cost of dorms and surrounding appartments is an exorbitint price. I would also like to add the fact that you are forced to live on campus for the first two years and you are obligated to buy their expernsive meal plan. It's all way too expensive, definitely when financial aid isn't enough.

During my freshman year I had noticed that most students tend to go home on the weekends. Home is usually relatively close for them, since the majority of the students live in Ohio. I'm sure that being a freshman in a new place was also a contributing factor to the frequent trips back home but 26,000 students attend Kent, so it wasn't a big deal, it was just noticeable. The lack of pride/school spirit is really a shame. The stands are desolate, which I find appalling due to the whopping amount of students Kent has.

The worst thing about the school as I know it are people's overall attitudes. My perception of Kent revolves around the theatre program. It would take more than 100 words to convey what I mean. What I will say is that people embrace art for the wrong reasons. The students in the program are mean, heartless, and feed off of other peoples downfalls. This should change. A far too large portion of the staff don't care, don't take an equal interest in the students and many of them seem like they aren't here to teach.