Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

The worst thing about my school is the fact that sometimes they don't do a good job at spreading the word about on campus events that may be interesting for many students. This results in a lot of people missing events and activities that may help them get involved and meet new people. Don't depend on just flyers to tell you what is happening - pick up the news paper or go to the student center and look on the activity board to find things that interst you.

The worst thing about my school is that it has a very limited variety of social venues for students to attend on the weekend. Almost all of the social venues are bars and the few venues that are not bars are not very good venues. This makes Kent State University seem like a university whose students must consume alcohol every time they socialize. This image is incorrect, which is why the university needs more non-alcoholic venues for the students.

I think the worst thing about my school is how expensive everything is. Yes, it is a great school but you really have to do your research with scholarships ext. to be able to live comfortably. The food is pretty expensive, but typically as research has shown, college students usually have finacial issues for some time. So whether its because i fall into the statistic or that my school is just expensive, either way, its expensive.

I think the worst thing about Kent State would be the location. Kent State is the town. If it were not for the university, the town would be very small and there would not be much in it. The students are a large reason the town gets most of its revenue. They are able to sponsor things through the school and they are able to get students to come work for them. The town is very small for a university that has over 20,000 students.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of a job placement program. There wasn't much emphasis on finding a job after college. The career counselors/academic advisors didn't really do much with that either. I graduated during the worst economic times in the last decade and there wasn't much emphasis on finding a job after college. What needs to happen is an active job placement program that would remedy this situation.

The worst thing about Kent State University is the lack of organizations and availability to students. When I transferred here I wanted to immediately get involved however I found that many organizations were not reachable. Coming from a school where I was involved in a sorority, charity board as well as other clubs and organizations it is difficult to adapt to a University that does not have as many activities available.

The worst thing about my school is the common drug/ alcohol abuse. I live in a house that is on one of the "party streets". Having a good time at a party does not mean you have to do what others are doing. I do not use drugs nor drink alcohol and find that everyone wants to know where the party is at on the weekends to escape the pressures of school. This is not true. Be a leader, be strong, follow your dreams!

The worst thing about Kent State would have to be how some majors are over looked. Some of the majors on campus are "new" and haven't been around long, like Athletic Training. We do just as much work as the athletes at the school do, but we don't get recognized like they do. I think that we should be offered scholarships and honored for how much time we put in for the team and be treated like one of the athletes.

The worst thing about my school is nothing. Honestly i can say i love everything about my school. My fashion progam is third in the nation and they offer so many opportunites for me to grow and succeed. I so feel kent provides, amazing professors, diverse people, great food, and comfy dorms. I love everything about Kent State but, the only downfall is that they do not serve the general so chicken enough. Amazing!

The worst thing about Kent is that it gets a bad rap, people assume that I attend here because I couldn't go anywhere else. That isn't even slightly true, I chose this school because it was going to challenge me and make me into a better person. Just because I go here doesn't mean that I am stupid or anything else. I am a dilligent harworking student and what this school is referred to as is the worst part.