Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

On the other side, I think the worse thing is maneuverability and parking. Parking passes are a little on the expensive side and driving through campus can be confusing, with many dead end or tight spots. If you are driving to get to the other side of the campus, you basically have to drive all the way around campus. Making a small difference in the amount of time it takes you to get to your destination.

If you own a car and live a little far from campus, the worst thing would be the parking. Any place you park you always seem to be to far from the building you need to get to. Also if you don't buy a parking pass early on you may have to pay a lot of meters to park, but the meters don't pass two hours. So good luck trying not to get a ticket if you have a lab class that is more than two hours long.

That would definitely be the sidewalks in the winter. Seeing everyone carefully tip-toeing to class making sure not to step in that slippery patch of ice, knowing that any false step could lead to every person in your vicinity laughing with you because it's already happened to them. I guess, I could call that the worst thing, but then again I could just call it an occupational hazard, too.

The worst thing about about Kent State University, in my opinion, would have to be the bus schedule. As a commuter I park in a provided parking lot off of campus. Fortunately, KSU provides busing around campus and they come quite often. However, the only way to be on time for class is if I make sure I arrive quite early. The buses often get behind schedule due to traffic and other students.

I think the worst aspect of Kent State University is that it is too selective in its admissions. There are many individuals that are quite gifted and will go on to great things, as evidenced by the prestigous Honors College program, but at the same time the makeup of the student body is undermined by those that will likely drop out and do not care about higher education or its implications.

The worst aspect of this school is the fact that I have to drive there everyday. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there since it's basically in the middle of nowhere. There really isn't anything else bad that I can say about this school except that I am a little confused about the campus transportation system so I've never tried riding the buses, but other people seem to find it easy.

The only thing that has bothered me about Kent State University is the lack food choice diversity. I am a vegetarian of eight years and find that looking for meals is difficult. When I go into one of the markets there is only a small selection of items that I would consider a meal. There are times when I get sick of all the items they have and either don’t eat anything or eat junk food.

The worst thing about my school is the freshman parking. This is the worst thing about my school because all freshman have to park at the stadium. The stadium is about two miles from the school. There are two ways that students can get from the stadium that is by walking or waiting every six to twelve mintues for the bus to arrive to pick us up from the stadium or from our dorms.

I consider the fact that people smoke all over the campus to be the worst thing about my school. I consider this to be the worst thing because, when your walking the smoke blows in your face, and if a person has asthma it is bad for them, and will leave you coughing. Another thing is that it leaves the beautiful campus looking unattractive with the cigarette buds laying around.

The worst part of my school, which happens at every University, is the large number of students in each class, making it harder to learn and get personal help with the subject. Most teachers have office hours and times to recieve personal help if needed which is helpful, but at times can be inconvenient with other classes and assignments that are also needed to be completed.