Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

I have always been told to apply early for scholarships, admissions, the FAFSA, or any particular deadline. Before attending Kent, I really wish I listened to that advice more abidingly. I failed to note how paramount this can be, and it resulted with much unnecessary stress. Always prioritize your submissions, as many systems that involve applications tend to favor first come, first serve. While this is not always the case, letting procrastination lead you will only be a guide to regret. Putting things off will only end with rushed, misguided effort and decisions.

I wish I would have known you were able to create your own student organizations or non-profits because I just started an on-campus organization as a junior. If I had started this group when I was a freshman I would have more members and could have established multiple organizations to serve the Kent community and provide aid to non-profits such as World Vision, Unicef, and others that fight poverty around the world. There are many ways to get involved at Kent State University, but often times prospective students and underclassmen do not know what is available.

I wish I would have known the Kent State was the best university to attend for those majoring in Physical Education and Health Education. The faculty are leaders in the field. When selecting a place of study, many people make their decisions based on friends, family, location, or other reasons. People should make their decisions based on meeting with the faculty and absorbing themselves within the campus culture. I feel lucky that I made the decision to go to Kent State for my M.Ed. and Ph.D. for Health Education and Promotion based on those reasons.

Don't be afraid to speak up. Stop worrying about being perceived as weird. Get involved with as many things as possible. Stop thinking that you can't or you won't. The only thing holding you back is yourself. Campus food is heavenly. No one judging you. You don't need to talk to your boyfriend constantly. Your friends are more important. This is the last time you'll be able to sleep until 9:00 everyday, so: Laugh. Eat. Trust. Divulge. Flirt. Cry. Pretend. Try harder. Sweat. Focus. Relax. Believe in yourself. Be; You will go far.

Before attending Kent State University, I would have liked to have been more knowledgable about the benefits of attending a university that is out-of-state. I am a Pennsylvania resident and I was nervous about branching out to a different state. I am so delighted with my decision and being in a new area has helped me grow as a student. I believe it would benefit High-School students to reach outside of their comfort zone and attend schools that are a distance away from their home town. I am a stronger person today because of it!

That life is uncertain and ever-changing and that you have to learn how to roll with the punches. That life is what you make it. It's all in your attitude and outlook and you should take every advantage of opportunities to explore and expand your thinking and knowledge base. Professors are a wealth of knowledge. Take advantage of their experiences and learn from them. In this day and age, in order to get a leg up on someone else, it's all about networking, so take advantage of doing so as well. Have fun while learning!

I wish that I had learned more about how student loans work. There is a total amount that a student is allowed to borrow in an undergraduate program. Also, there is a six year maximum one is allows to borrow subsidized leans, which are loans in which the government pays interest on while the student is enrolled in college. Lastly concerning this topic, I wish that I would have learned about the repayment of loans; there are different ways in which a student may pay back the money borrowed once he/she is out of school.

I would have to say I wish I would have known the layout of the Kent main Campus. Very large compared to the Trumbull campus I was previously attending much more often. The first time I went to Kent main I was only taking one class there while I was maintaing my full-time status at Kent Trumbull. The campus was huge and I was pretty unfimiliar, I actually used a parking meter there for a full semester. I was much too nervous to be late or get lost then. I would definitely refer new students to take a tour.

Before coming to this school I wish I had known how to be a better student. Kent State University is a great school in all aspects especially academics. In high school I wasn’t the best student as far as grades go and after coming here I realized that putting a poor effort into my work and studies does work here. Kent State has a great college of business and they take their GPA score very seriously. Because of my poor choices as a student first semester, I got off to a bad start and regret it every day.

I wish I had known how small Kent, Ohio is and the fact that Kent State University makes up most of the town. I believe, if not for Kent University the town would be nothing. I wish I had also known about the cost of living near the University, which is far more than I expected considering the town and school I attended prior had much more lower rates. I wish I had also known that finding a job in Kent is very difficult because the amount of students living in Kent is far more than the jobs available.