Kent State University at Kent Top Questions

Delanie

To join a sorority as soon as I possibly could instead of waiting

Jazmine

Not everyone you meet is going to be your best friend.

Livia

I don`t know

Breanna

This school is very spread out. There are places on campus that I have yet to visit or find

I wish I would have known more about all of the great programs there are such as our connection to other universities and field work.

Sabriah

I wish i was told how important time management is. I also came to school, a little stressed about how classes would go, its not as bad as it is made to seem. I wish someone would have told me how it's must like high school, only harsh thing is that if you stay on campus you have to get yourself to go to class because no one cares if you do or dont make it.

Before attending Kent State University, I would have liked to have been more knowledgable about the benefits of attending a university that is out-of-state. I am a Pennsylvania resident and I was nervous about branching out to a different state. I am so delighted with my decision and being in a new area has helped me grow as a student. I believe it would benefit High-School students to reach outside of their comfort zone and attend schools that are a distance away from their home town. I am a stronger person today because of it!

I wish I had known more about diffrent housing options, and more information about my program.

Dustin

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known what actually living in a dorm was like. Living in a dorm is like living with a community of people. If not for living in this community I wouldn't have otherwise met some very good friends of mine. Another thing I wish I could have told myself would be to join a lot of clubs. Clubs are a great way to meet other students who are like minded. Finally, I would tell myself that going off to college is a great experience.

I wish I would have known the area better, on and off campus. The downtown area is so nice and I wish I could have taken advantage of it earlier than I did. On campus, I did not know about all of the places you could eat and where everything was located. Also, I wish I would have known about all of the organization you can get involved in.

I wish that I would have been more aware of how expensive college can really be.

sierra

I wish I had known how small the dorm are because I would have chosen a single room, rather than having a roommate. Also, there have been some personal experiences that were uncomfortable in regards to race.

I wish that I had worked harder on my grades so that when I finally reached college, I would have understood the higher education process.

I wish I had known that I would have wanted to go to the main campus first before going to a regional one. My mind would have been much more open to experiences.

I wish I knew the importance of studying. In high school I did not have to study as hard to get good grades, but in my first semester of college I found that I had no excuse to not study. I have all the resourses to study, and many people to help me understand material. I wish I knew all the resourses I had before I started school so I could have did better my first semester.

Garrett

Overall practical skills, like personal finance skills.

I wish that I would have known how far the distance to walk to my classes from my dorm would be. When I visited, I was a completely different major than I am today. Therefore, I had no idea what was in store for me, as I had to walk all the way across campus to get to my classes. However, I did learn that a bike is a very effective way of getting around.

I wish I would have realized how important reading the textbook ahead of the lecture and using it as a study tool.

I wish I would have known the Kent State was the best university to attend for those majoring in Physical Education and Health Education. The faculty are leaders in the field. When selecting a place of study, many people make their decisions based on friends, family, location, or other reasons. People should make their decisions based on meeting with the faculty and absorbing themselves within the campus culture. I feel lucky that I made the decision to go to Kent State for my M.Ed. and Ph.D. for Health Education and Promotion based on those reasons.

I researched this school so I knew all I needed to know. I am a non-traditional student who works full-time and is married so the campus life doesn't really apply to me. My husband graduated from Kent State in 1983 so I know am familiar with the old campus and all the improvements made to the campus as well.

Madeline

I wish I would have known how hard it was to make friends. After the welcome weekend, people aren't eager to make friends.

I wish I saved ALOT more money.

DeShawn

I wish I would've known more about studying and had more time to prepare for the major that I am pursuing. I wish I had enough money to be able to buy my books and other things that I need for school.

I wish I had known what it was going to be like to share a bathroom with 30+ girls. It is a challenge that I had not been expecting. Due to the fact that so many people share such a small space, we have had to learn the value of cleaning up after yourself. To start the years no one ever wanted to go shower because they were always gross, now they are improving as we make the transition and begin to grow into more mature adults.

I wish I would have known exactly what was expected of me. I came from a smaller, wealthy neighborhood and school system. I took advanced courses and was ahead of many students in my grade. I came to college thinking the expectations would be similar, if not greater. However, I found that I was way ahead of many people in my classes. So the expectations were a little lower than what I experienced in high school.

The way the teachers grade, the level of out of class work (excluding homework) that was needed to stay on top of each class.

How unbelievably cold it would be. This winter was the worst I have ever experienced and I was not at all prepared for the affect it would have on me physically and emotionally.

Madelyn

I wish I had known that there is a huge amount of resources and scholarships. There are many academic opportunities on this campus.

Tyesha

I wish I would've known that financial aid would not provide me withe finances I need to pay for school. Start saving early.

I wish I would have known the resources that were available to people who are my age. I also wish I would know how expensive schook was going to be.

I wish I would have known more about the history of the campus. Kent is well known for the May 4th shootings and I had no idea what happened.

Even if I did know about the weather before i went to Kent State it would not have changed my mind in going there.

Before coming to this school, I wish I knew about the "bad" professors to avoid when registering for class.

Kristy

Before attending this school, I wish I knew how much money course supplies was for first year architecture studio.

I wish that I had learned more about how student loans work. There is a total amount that a student is allowed to borrow in an undergraduate program. Also, there is a six year maximum one is allows to borrow subsidized leans, which are loans in which the government pays interest on while the student is enrolled in college. Lastly concerning this topic, I wish that I would have learned about the repayment of loans; there are different ways in which a student may pay back the money borrowed once he/she is out of school.

To not be shy to put myself out there and make friends whith people no matter what. You can be friends with people that are different with you an d still have great relationships

Mariana

I wish i would have known that i should have roomed with someone when i came to Kent. I decided to room by myself and i realized that even though i have privacy, i do not have anyone to really talk to or go out with. Everyone usually keeps to themselves in my dorm and if i would have had a roomate i think i would have felt better and would go out and do activities and become more involved. Next year i have signed up to have a roomate which is probably a really good choice.

Lincoln

I wish I had been more prepared for the homesickness, it comes with any college experience, luckily I had friends who made it all worth while.

Before comeing to Kent State University, I wish I would have known more about schedule planning and how taking one course might effect the other you take further down the road.

I think the one thing I wish I had known before coming to school is that you will miss your family and high school friends more than you realize. I went to Kent State versus a school in Pittsburgh because I wanted some distance between me and my family. Now that I have my schedule filled with classwork and sorority events, I almost never have an opportunity to go home to see everyone little bitter which makes being far from home a little bitter sweet.

Before I came to school, I wish that I would have known about dorm life and the things that help make living in the dorms easier. I am now kind of buying things as I go.

I wish I had got to know more people before I arrived so I would have more friends once I got here.

I wish I had known the food would get extremly boring. The same foods are served every day and I would have liked to save up money so I can eat off campus more because the off campus food is amazing!

I wish I had known that the classes were as big as they are. One of my classes this past semester had 434 students in a huge lecture room. It's very intimidating and leaves no room for one on one assistance unless you attend office hours.

rong

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known that the enviroment of this school, and how many international students on campus. If I want to find the internship or part-time jobs, which way I can use to find.

Kendra

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known the exact path I would like to take to get to my career.

Savannah

I wish I would have known how much I would enjoy this school. I spent a very long trying to decide between two schools and I wish I would have know how much I would love Kent so that I wouldn't have lost so much sleep over my decision.

I wish I knew how important drinking was at this school. I don't like drinking and was extremely disappointed by coming here.

Jaynell

that i could have a car on campus

When I originally went for my BSN I was a 19 year old single mom and my grades were in the dumps. I wish I would've known how amazing the school was and that there were regional campuses that I could've attended so that I could've gotten my BSN earlier than this year. I know the took the long way around, but I'm glad I ended up back at Kent State to complete my bachelors.