Kent State University at Kent Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Kent State University at Kent

Carlos

Coming here, I was unsure of it since I knew no one, but being here is one of the best choices I've ever made. The atmosphere is great, lots of people here are friendly, and the teachers are extremely accessible during their office hours. I am a proud Kent State Flash, and I wouldn't trade my experience here for anything else.

Sophia

I have been a Kent State Main Campus student all four years of college. I immediately felt at home during my first visit at Kent. I initially wanted to attended Kent State because of their vast study abroad opportunities. I can now say that I have studied abroad three times during my time at Kent State. In addition to abroad, the educational value that Kent has is truly amazing and I can honestly say that I have learned so much while being here.

Brian

I personally feel that Kent is the place to be. I love the school and everything about it. There are so many options to choose from as a major and even more to choose for a minor. The school hold events that if you attend you could get points. After you get so many points you can get free stuff which is nice. Classes can be a little far at times but that’s not bad, if you like to walk. There’s a school event just about every night. I personally love Kent. It’s the perfect fit for me.

Brooklyn

Kent State is an amazing school with so many opportunities for growth. Student live is forever changing and it has become a big part of my overall journey. I’m happy to have been accepted here and I hope to do amazing things while I’m their. I feel they will prepare me for my future.

Maura

I think Kent State is different for everyone. For me at least, Its a great school for my major which makes me life it better. There are a lot of opportunities and activities to do throughout the week. I dont think its the best school for its okay. It's expensive for out of state though.

Kasidee

I love Kent and tell everyone I talk to about it. I have met many different people and enjoy hanging out with many of them. I have joined a sorority and feel very welcomed by everyone. My class sizes are very nice and I am able to talk with all of my professors. I have even been able to have meetings with a few that have had classes that I have more of an interest in. Love this college and I am so Happy I chose to attend.

Haley

My overall opinion of Kent State University is that the campus takes our education and happiness seriously. There are many events sponsored on campus and hundreds of clubs to join. Everyone is nice and friendly and every professor is willing to help the students in anyway possible.

Brett

Took a class a few years back, withdrew 2 weeks in (I understand that I would be charged a bit), and was charged for the whole semester. It was turned over to the Ohio Attorney General and of course Kent has done nothing about it. Save your money kids, collage is a SCAM. You can learn 90% of everything these crooks teach you online for free.

It’s a great school and I feel %100 recommend to go their for future students

Allyson

I love it!

Kasidee

I love this college. I fell in love with it the first time I visited. I am so happy I chose Kent State. I met a lot of new friends this year and all are very kind to me. We tend to hang out along with complete study groups and have support for everyone in out group. My professors always have time for me. If, they are busy, they get back to me in a timely manner and help out with all I am in need of. So glad I made this decision and can not wait to continue my education.

Andre

From what I have witnessed so far, Kent is a very diverse campus with a mass cultural learning opportunities. I have seen multiple clubs that are run by students and staff which give everyone at Kent a chance to find their place where they feel like they belong. Overall I am very pleased with Kent so far.

Peter

It is a wonderful school that is still developing, and once the school reaches its peak, it will shine brightly at the top. Students do not just continue to learn more about the people or environment surrounding them, but they learn more about themselves as well. I have seen my growth throughout college and I am excited to see what this last year will bring.

Michaela

The atmosphere at Kent is really enjoyable! I love that whenever the sun is out students are always hanging out outside on the ample green space. The students and professors are friendly. There are so many activities and clubs/organizations to join, so there is something for everyone. Downtown is lovely and there is always something to do with your friends.

Grace

If I am being honest, Kent State was originally the last choice on my list of schools. I applied to seven schools, yet still ended up at my supposed "last choice." As soon as I arrived on campus though, I knew that this was the place for me. I am so happy to be attending school at Kent State. The campus is beautiful, accessible, and diverse. I feel free to be myself, and have been given so many amazing opportunities here. I love Kent State, and recommend that everyone looks into and considers it as a school!

Kent State has been my home for almost two years now, and I am very satisfied in my choosing of the university. There are different class sizes, depending on the course, and professors are available regularly. The campus is beautiful, and students are very friendly. Highly recommend to those looking for a school with plenty of opportunity for involvement!

Overall Kent State was the perfect school for me because not only do they offer the degree I want but they offer helpful staff and they welcome everyone with open arms. It is a great place to find yourself as a person and meet a ton of new people. It's a great place to further your education.

Cecelia

Personally, I'm glad I chose Kent State University. The campus is beautiful, and there's always an event going on! It is impossible to be bored. The only down side is the class sizes are fairly large. In my opinion, I would prefer smaller lecture sizes, but I've been able to handle it anyway. I don't usually participate in many protests that happen (I don't have the time!), but it's nice to see, no matter what the issue is, because I love it when people are able to speak their minds. There are hundreds of clubs to join, so you will always find a group you belong in!

DaNay

I love Kent State. It is a great school and the campus is beautiful. There are so many different clubs and what not to join and get involved and meet new people. Only thing I do not like is how they recently change their meal plan system and it sucks! It is almost like they are making you eat specific foods and I honestly hate that.

Dylan

When I first heard about Kent, it was in my high school history class regarding the shooting in 1970. I never thought I would apply to the school until I continued to do research, and boy am I happy I did. I consider Kent my 2nd home, and I have made some friends that will last a life time. The sports culture here is great, from Varsity all the way down to Intramural. Over 100 choices in clubs has involvement from all angles which makes the environment incredible.

Madison

A wonderful, well rounded school that offers a variety of majors, with open and interesting professors, who are always available for assistance. Plus decent accommodations for on campus students, and meal plans for off campus commuters. The Arts environment is very accepting and open and always doing a new event.

Cecelia

Kent State is a beautiful campus, with something always to do. There is always an event to attend and is a very alive campus. It was the perfect campus for me because, I did not want a small privative campus but I also did not want a huge Big 10 university. It is a happy medium. There are always sporting events to go to, that many students attend. The workers on campus are all amazing and will help in anyway that they can. The campus is always cleaned and well kept. There is a group for everyone on campus, it is very diverse. I am proud to call Kent State my home.

Gana

Kent State University is a great place for people who study the arts. The Kent State Fashion Program is highly ranked amongst the top-programs in the nation and nonetheless, the world. Kent State University also provides plenty opportunity for minority success. Minorities are a large part of Kent's campus. Kent is very welcoming and open to all types of people. Many people can attend Kent and feel very low judgement. Kent provides safe spaces and plenty of organizations for someone to fit in. Kent is very accepting and a comfortable place to be.

Christina

I have loved my experience thus far. The admissions process was a breeze and I am so thankful to all of the faculty and staff that have gotten me to this point. My program is very affordable compared to others and I look forward to starting this upcoming semester.

Skylar

I think it is a great campus, the food can sometimes get to be gross and repetitive but they change it up every now and then, the people are great, housing is pretty okay, and I feel fairly safe during most times of the day walking alone. Kent State University is a pretty great campus. I like most of my professors, I just wish some of them would be more personal, but I understand when it is a large lecture hall. I do enjoy most of my classes, I enjoy the community I live in with my Olson residence.