Salem, OH
Kent State University at Salem

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Salem

Kimberly

Kent State at Salem is the perfect college for someone looking for small class sizes and professors who are readily available. Kent State at Salem provides resources and tutoring for students who are struggling. However, Kent State at Salem is not the school for athletically inclined students. There is no housing available on campus, but there is housing off-campus. Grocery stores, fast food, and limited shopping is just a short five minute drive away.

Gabriella

I prefer a smaller school and this is exactly the type of environment that I was looking for. The people are extremely nice and the teachers are willing to help when they can! Even the janitors and workers there are always so friendly to me. I feel safe there as well. They put new protocols in like locking the door when class starts. I love Kent Salem very much!

Astoria

I love being a student at Kent State University at Salem because I love the size of the school and I love being around every person that I know. Everything is nice there at the school, including the cleanliness and the food. It's nice to have space around to study that is quite.

Heather

A wonderful place with great teachers, staff, and classmates.

A wonderful place with great teachers, staff, and classmates.

The radiology program here is one of the best in the state! It's local and truly is (as my one professor put it) "like getting a private education at a public cost!" It's affordable and friendly with a wonderful community supporting it.

Dear past me, It's been a year now and how things have changed - you wouldn't believe where I am now. Remember all those scholarships you didn't fill out your senior year? I do. I hope you don't. Seriously - you got so lucky with your scholarship from Kent, that's helped immensely. Going to Kent Salem isn't all that different from high school, it's just much more time consuming and there's so much more writing, but it's not bad at all. We both know at this point that you want to transfer to the main campus sometime - possibly sooner than expected now. At least get in the habit of filling out those scholarships. I think you're doing everything else well - you're ready for this. Your bank account isn't and you know it. Either way, it's going to be great! I'll see you in a year, Present me

My school is best know for the fact that they are cheaper than a lot of schools and they have so many regional campuses that you can choose from. They have several campuses, however the regional campuses do not always have the same degrees that the main campus offers.

I would tell myself to be sure to not slack off at all. Even the slightest slip up in college can make all the difference in when you graduate and your overall loan balance. I would also tell myself to pay on your student loans as much as you can throughout your college days! You never know what will happen and what can prevent you from paying for your loans. I ended up having to take a semester off of college because I was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 and had to have surgery and chemotherapy/radiation and that will definitely put a damper on paying for college!

The worst thing about my school would be that they moved my degree more towards the main campus and I was really hoping to be able to get my full degree from the regional campuses like I did last time.

Renee

Kent State University at Salem is a very nice and well faciluated University. All of the students here are very friendly and it is a diverse campus. The professors are all very professional and are held in high regard and all the classroom they lectue in have access to differrent types of technology. The Universities website is easy to use and access to view your grades and current costs you may have. Overall Kent State University is a great campus and community to be apart of.

If I could give myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to learn better study habits. The ones I have used during high school have not fully prepared me for the work load that comes with college. In college you learn a lot more they sane amount of information, but in a shorter time period. Because of this, you cannot wait till the last minute to study and cram the night before. You have to continuosly keep up with your studies and work between all of your classes.

Kent State University at Salem is a smaller campus, so if a person is looking for a bigger campus this would not be one for them. Also this campus does not have any dormitories, you can only commute to it form home. Therefore if a student is looking for the full college experience they may not want to attend the Salem campus, however the main campus in Kent would be a great alternative for them.

Devyn

Affordable, high quality, engaging and enjoyable.

Affordable, high quality, engaging and enjoyable.

My advice would be strongly based on focusing what I truly enjoy doing and to not make decisions short minded. The first half of my academic career was spent changing majors and although I gained a lot of knowledge in different areas, it has taken three years to find what to truly makes me happy studying and since I have improved my grades drastically. Most importantly I would tell myself not to stress and worry about doing what most see as a "smart" choice as a career and to focus on what makes me happy. At the end of the day, the only person I have to live with everyday is myself, and doing what makes me happy is more important than societies ideas of what makes a person happy. To trust your heart and go after what makes you happy, even if it defies the norms of society is what is most important.

Diversity of classes and degree opportunites.

Tiffany

My school is sort of laid back in a way that you don't have to be a perfect person to attend it.

This school is very unique because it is only five minutes from my house. Also the low tution was a major bonus.

I would go back and tell myself not to be scared of college. I would also tell myself not to wait so long to continue my education. The work is not all that hard and you do great with the classes you attend. The time goes fast and your first year is over before you know it. The best part is the feeling you get when you finish a semester and kknowing you are one step closer to your career goal.

Eduardo

I would tell my self not to give up and to pursue my career until I further finish with a PH'D in Business Management .I would tell myself that there is more to life then just drinking and parting all night long.I would focuse 100% in my studys and concentrade in bringing up my GPA.I would do as much Scholarships enteries as possible and succeed .

Quetzalina

The advice that I would give to myself would be to finish high school because it opens opportunities for people. If I do not finish high school, I would not be able to have the foundational knowledge for college. Without this knowledge, I would not be able to succeed because I would have to go back and finish high school when I may not have had prior knowledge, making it very difficult to go higher up in business. Without a high school education, many people struggle to make ends meet. They often work jobs that pay very little that require many hours to be able to pay bills. Overall, finishing high school will open doors that no one can shut.

Kent State University at Salem administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.