Salem, OH
Kent State University at Salem

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Salem

If I were to go back in time to my senior year I would have told myself to take more challenging classes. Going into my senior year I was not planning on becoming a nurse so I did not take anatomy which is something I really need for nursing. Also KI never studied alot before tests because I always knew I had homework to help out my garde and xtra credit. College is completely different. You don't have homework and you don't have extra credit. I honestly don't know how to study well, if i were to apply myself more in high school I would have better study strattagies and I would not be struggling in college. Those are the types of things I would have focused on more, rather than break up and the football game. I would tekk any senior now to really focus and study because it will only help them out in there college years.

If you want to be in huge classes and want to be around alot of people. Don't go to this school. The school is small and you get to know alot of the staff and professor's.

I tell all my friends how good my professor's are. Every professor I have has helped me out so much. It is amazing how helpful they are and how much I have learned. Also going to such a small school I feel like I get to make more friends and also get a better relationship with my professor's.

Cary

My school is amazing because of all the oppurtunites it has for me.

My school is amazing because of all the oppurtunites it has for me.

My classmates are very different but we seem to always have something to talk about.

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself to get more prepared and really look into what college life is all about and how to change your life the right ways so you can be sucessful.

Harvey

In life you will need to make many choices, this requires a clear head and logical thinking. Don't get involved with things such as drugs and alcohol that will cloud your ability to think clearly. If you keep your mind clear and think things through, you won't make the same mistakes in life that I have. If you don't understand the consequences, I suggest you work a summer in a factory just to realize what making the wrong decisions can result in. You are an intelligent individual as your grades have shown, but the world is cruel and people will be trying to lead you in the wrong directions. Think things through and avoid substances that will alter your thinking pattern. You control your future; don't blame others and maintain control of your own actions. This is the best advice that I can give to anyone coming out of high school, because I remember making the mistakes that bring me back to college at the age of 46 to finish my degree.

This is the perfect campus for non-traditional students who work a full time job, but wish to further their education. If your life is complete except for education, if the only reason that you are attending college is to get the education and degree, if your whole objective is to better your life and not meet new people, this is the college for you.

If you are looking for social activities, needing much guidance, or studying classes that require lab time, this university is not for you. This is a regional campus and does not come equipped with many of the ammenities larger campuses have.

Seth

I would tell myself to work very hard in your classes and get the best grades you can. And to start developing better study habits becuase that is what most of college is about, learning how to study will save you alot of stress and help you to get better grades then and now. Also to be open and meet new people because you will have new friends from all different backgrounds and you will have alot of fun but education always comes first. And stay true to yourself and keep your values because it is still life and you will have one outside of college. It is a very fun ride and your gonna meet alot of cool people and have alot of fun.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a lot. I would start by saying that most techinques that students learn in high school, won't work in college. Students really have to study and work all day and night on just one homework assignment. I would also fill myself in about facing the failure of a class. In high school if you failed the class, it was a big deal, because you could take it next year, or sometimes not have to take it at all, but in college every class is given to you for a reason. It's part of your career plan and before you can move forward you have to pass. The last thing I would tell myself as a high school student is to make sure you hae motiation and a great support system.

The one thing I don't agree with Kent State University is having a small majority of people for a career. It's lets a lot of the students down that really want to follow their dreams of either being a nurse, radiolgist, or many other careers, that have a maxium of people alllowed in.

I feel the kind of person that should attened Kent State University should be a student that is willing to be committed to school, and enjoys working toward perfection.

Arleigha

Kent State Salem is a caring small college that helps student like me meet there goals for there career.

My classmates at Kent State Salem are easy going and creative students that i spend my days learning with.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school. I wouldn’t tell myself just to work harder and get good grade because that’s really not what college is all about. I would tell myself to get to know your teachers so latter down the road they might help you find a job and help you in class. Having one on one with a teacher will really help you understand what your good at and what your bad at. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships. But besides scholarships and getting to know the teacher I would tell myself to also talk to your adviser as soon as possible for your classes because once they are filled up you can’t get in the class you want and also make enough time between classes but don’t make to long that your sitting there for hours. Last I would tell myself to try and make more friends because you will see them a lot in your classes, so making friends with them at first will be a lot easy then latter down the road.

Elissa

The most unique aspect of my school is that there is truely a hands-on experience and one-on-one time with the teachers. The classes enable students to gain valuable information with real guidance of the subject, especially in the core classes. A student gets to engage with the other students who are interested in the similar subjects and teachers who truely want their students to gain this knowledge. Not only is the the community of the school unique the landscape is also beautiful. The campus may be small, but it brings a beautiful atmosphere with magnetic people.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself to have more confidence in my studies and to not worry so much about the small stuff. When we are older and are able to look back upon ourselves everything that mattered then doesnt matter at all now. I would tell myself that I am able to do anything I want and get the grades I think are impossible. In college now I am determined every semester, with no excuses in hand, to recieve an 'A' in all of my classes no matter how hard I must work. In high school and the first year of college this always seemed impossible because it stuck in my head as that idea. I know now that anything really is possible for someone who is determined and it is not just a saying. I would also tell myself not to be nervous about the transition to college from high school. College brings a whole new light to life with new friends, a new atmosphere, and new knowledge. It seems to be carefree compared to the dramatic world of high school.

Before I came to this school I would have liked to know what my major was from the beginning. I ended up taking many classes that dont count toward my major because I wasnt sure what I wanted to do. I had gone to Career Events in high school and so forth but never found what I wanted to do until many semesters into college. Once I picked my major I was able to have an outline of my career path.

Victoria

Very willing to participate and ask questions that I may have too which, in turn, helps me.

I would change how serious I was about school. I thought that I could just fly through college and it would be ok. I did the Senior to Sophomore program my senior year and it helped but I didn't realize how important and helpful it was until I was scheduling for my fall semester. So if I were to change one thing, I would go back to the April of my junior year so that I could get certain classes that I would need and be able to further myself that much more in my education. I hadn't applied for the program until last minute and I now realize how essential it should have been my senior year to be more on top of things and learn to how prioritize before I hit the college life.

Someone who lives in the area and may not want to leave home just yet or cannot afford to go to a college far away, like me. Also, Kent Salem has an awesome bnursing program that costs significantly less but offerst he same classes and criteria that universities, such as Akron, do.

Kent State University-Salem Campus is dedicated to their student's success and demonstrates their friendliness, willingness to help, and appreciation for their community through their hard working staff members and professors, who truly love their jobs and enjoy helping and teaching all individuals.

The best thing about Kent State University-Salem Campus is the small class sizes and the professor's dedication to their student's success. The small class sizes allow students to learn in a more open environment, in which they are not nervous to ask for help or ask a question in front of the class. This allows the professors to work more one on one with the students based on their individual needs, allowing them to really get to know their students and care about each one's individual success in their career field of choice.

Kent State University at Salem administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.