Salem, OH
Kent State University at Salem

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Salem

Daniel

I would explain everything to myself. I dropped out of highschool at 15 with 0 credits.I am 22 now, and Just finished my third semester. In one more semester I will receive two associates degrees.A year from now i will receive 3 certificates that my college awards in place of degrees. I will have a Cisco CCNA which is by far the most coveted credential someone in my position could receive. My long term goals are receiving a PHD, and a Cisco CCIE. I will maintain a cumulative 4.00 the whole time. In three semesters I have received 144 credit hours. I understand the importance of education.I would explain everything i never knew then, to myself.And i would tell myself to save money. I struggle to pay for books and tuition every semester, and if only I'd have used my intelligence when i was younger, everything would be easier now. Theres so many things I needed someone to tell me, and explain to me at that age, I could save myself a lot of trouble. I think about this scenario very, very often.

Don't give up. You succeeded well in High School. You should strive and keep on going. Don't give up hope because you have already proven you can do it. College is rewarding in more ways than a piece of paper. Your confidence in yourself is raised as well as your knowledge.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of degrees offered directly at the Salem campus. The options are rather limited.

The type of person that should attend Kent State University of Salem, is someone that enjoys close-knit classes, small town feel and is ready to experience a laid back atmosphere.

Shyla

Kent State Salem is a small quiet university which allows for more one on one interactions beteen the professors and the students.

If I could go back in time and communicate with my youner self. I would urge my youger self to continue straight to college without delay. I say this because of the many differnt jobs I performed that require very hard labor with very little pay. These jobs although important that they get done are under appreciated and very often lead one with no chance of advancement. With a college education one is given the oppoptunity to advance and hopefully raise their standard of living for their selves and future generations. If I would hve contiued my education straight out of highschool I would not be scrambling now to complete my education before I turn 32.

I would have liked to have known that their human pathophysiology teacher was awful because I would have taken it at another campus.

Danielle

This campus is very unique because the students that attend here are from all generations. We have students that are still in highschool and students that are 65 years of age. The students on this campus come from all different backgrounds.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would not change much. The transition of going to college was not made for me back then. I would tell myself to not be so free with my choices and stay at home with my mother a little longer. I would tell myself to be me, and not who others thought I should be. I would tell myself that it is okay to say no, even when under pressure. I would tell myself not to settle for the first person that said "I love you" (or the second one). I would tell myself to keep my head up, people are not as bad when they grow up to be adults. I would let myself know that the future does hold something special for you, but you need to be patient. I would also make sure to tell myself to not listen to others when they are making a bad reccomendation. Lastly, I would tell myself that I am smart, and that I will succeed.

Being highly involved in the STudent Government ogranization, I tend to revolve my bragging around it. I try to get more students involved. I am the president of that organization and have made the Dean's list two semesters in a row.

Be prepared for everything. Do not expect that just because you are accepted into a great school that you will be able to attend there. You need to be looking for scholarships and other sources of money NOW, not later. There is not as much time as you think. You need to be more involved in school activities and more focused academically because no one is going to make you do it in college. Yes the professors will help you if you struggle, but only YOU can make yourself go for it and do well. Goodluck!

This school is ideal for people with very little college funding, someone with a family who cannot move to a large campus and has housing, and people who are strictly academic. There is not much social life or campus activity here which is good for people who want to get in and get done with their degree.

An excellent choice for cost-sensitive students or people just looking to test the waters in the college environment.

Haeli

If I could go back in time and give myself adivce about college life it would be not to worry so much about what other people think. Worrying about what other people's opinions about you are completely irrelevant to your college experience. College is about finding who you are, and where your going in life; don't let what other opinions sway your decisions. Go to class, get the grades you want, and don't worry about competing in a popularity contest. Join a community help group, volunteer at the local animal shelter and meet new people. As long as you are happy inside, and you will conquer anything. So don't get caught up in the "who's who", dig deep and find the person you were always meant to be.

My school is well known for there small class sizes. The small classes ensure that every student gets one on one interaction with their professor. Addionally, all the professors are all very willing to help and make themselves readily available to provide extra help to any student that need some assistance.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the small lobby and the lack of a cafeteria. The lobby is very small which causes difficulty sometimes having somewhere to sit during class breaks. Additionally, the school does serve pizza in the lobby from various pizza shops. Unfortunately some student have class during the times that pizza is being served; so they either miss a meal or have to leave campus to get something to eat. It would be very beneficial if the school were to add a cafeteria to ensure that every student would get a meal.

megan

After attending a community college for just one semster, I have learned so much. Learning to balance my time was a huge lesson that I thought I has already mastered already. I take my college experience very serious for i want to succed in life and have a stable future. I've seen many of my friends who attended a university who have failed and been out partying all the time, when I can't believe they are throwing this experience away. I value my experience where ever I may attend and give it my all. I want to show everyone who has helped me, whether it be faculty from my school, my parents, or friends, that i can succed. I continue my education because i want to have a succesful life, in whatever I choose to do and learn all I can about my career. I can not wait till college shows me more about life, and myself.

My classmates are outgoing and full of energy.

My classmates are outgoing and full of energy.

My college experience has already made me feel I can have a better conversation with others. I feel more educated in just the short period of time I have been attending. My attendence to college is valuable to me becuase I want to continue to feel educated and knowledgable. Not only receiving the degree but actualy feeling the accomplisment.

It is a close-knit and friendly campus. You do not feel overwhelmed when you first start attending.

Robin

During the first year of my college experience I have learned so much about myself that I was truely suprised. I am able to focus on the task at hand, and to push myself to excell in areas where I thought I would struggle. Multitasking, though not always a beneficial skill, is something that I have improved upon in the past year. It is important for a person to believe in the fact that they will come away at the end of the four years with knowledge that may not have been gained in other places. Each class that I have attended has interested me more and more, assuring me that I have chosen the right path for my future. The beginning of the college process is scary, but with each semester, the light at the end of the tunnel gets closer and closer.

A student needs self discipline to earn good grades. You do not deserve good grades, you earn them. You are in college now and are an adult. You are responsible for getting things done and in not getting it done you are only letting yourself down. You might think a class is going to be very hard, but if you open your mind and are willing to learn something new, or to learn something in a new way, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish.

It is sometimes difficult to arrange your schedule with all of the classes that you want to take. You might have to take that class in another semester where it fits better. Many of the required classes are interesting but there are even more classes that are not required that can fill other gaps in your schedule.

Patricia

The process of obtaining a higher education has taught me a lot about who I am as a person and what I stand for as both an individual and as a member of society. Through this process I have been able to experience self growth in ways that I would not be able to gain in life outside of school. I believe that knowledge is power, and my college experience has allowed me the independence and self-empowerment to know that I can succeed. This college experience has given not only me but also my family the hope and the ability to dream about a greater and more fulfilling future, a future that would be unobtainable without the pursuit of higher education. My college experience has been most valuable on a personal nature. I that I have changed a negative generational view of school as my children have observed my both my dedication and my success so they too now feel the importance of hard work in school. My experience has been an example that has improved the quality of my children’s' lives to an extent that will carry on for years to come. Their success is my goal.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. I believe they are the best thing about the school because the way that each teacher really cares about the student. At any point a student feels overwhelmed their professor is always available for individual consultation and assistance. Through this dedication the teachers help to make a more personal experiance for the student and really help guide them to success.

Anyone, male or female, young or old, should attend this school. The understanding of the faculty extends to both the decisive and career minded individual and also students who are just starting out and have yet to make a concrete decision about where they want to go with their college career. Having an open mind and exploring the possibilities allows those who are frightened to attend college to quickly have their minds put at ease.

Kent State University at Salem administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.