Salem, OH
Kent State University at Salem

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Salem

Edward

My classmates are hard-working rural residents who mostly have parents who are famers, laborers, nurses, and teachers.

My college experience has taught me that there are so many unique individuals in the world today, regardless where you come from. I have learned the importance of diversity, free-thinking, and over all acceptance of my fellow man. In the time I have attended school so far, I have become more confident and social overall. I believe it's knowledge that is the new motivation for today's society, which is becoming increasingly 'dumbed down'. After all, knowledge is power in its truest form.

The Kent State Salem campus is mostly for students pursuing a career in Nursing and Horticulture, or any various Associate's Degree. I am currently attending this particular campus because my family lives in the area, and it is too expensive for me to attend the main campus at the moment.

Alexandria

I will be attending college this fall of 2010. I took a year off after high school, due to health reasons. I know this is the best decision I have and will ever make. I have seen many people, including my mom, go through a really hard time due to the lack of an education. My mom and stepdad were divorced a little over a year ago. My stepdad was the main "bread winner", so it has been really hard for my mom to provide for my brother, sister, and me. I never want to be put into the situation where I feel like I have to do something because I have no other options. It is scary because I get worried that it will be too difficult having a job and going to school, but I know that I CAN do this. I am learning more and more as days go on that being an adult is not nearly as fun as I thought it would be when I was a little girl, but I am enjoying the journey.

Christine

The size, location, and the quality of education along with the professionalism of the faculty and staff is what I consider to be the most unique quality of the Kent State University-Salem Campus. The Salem Campus of Kent State University consists of only one building settled amongst acres of farmland that sets within a mile or two just off of the outskirts of the beautiful Historical District of Salem, Ohio. What the Salem Branch may lack in size if compared with other schools surely counterbalances it with the dynamics of education and expertise of the faculty.

As a freshmen who currently completed my first semester in college, I am in the beginning stages of my academic journey. A journey I believed I would never succeed at because I was not smart enough. You see, at forty-four years of age, I was convinced that I was not smart enough for college and I didn't attend a university. But due to my recent job loss, and lack of employment in our area, higher education is currenty inescapable. I believe I have been granted an opportunity of a lifetime. To renew the old beliefs I had towards myself as an individual and to prove to myself that I can do it. What I have gotten out of my college experience thus far is great satisfaction in knowing that my hard work and determination to study my way out of poverty is becoming a reality. I recieved a certificate of academic excellence for my first semester at college! The value in that experience is priceless. I now have proof that with that same determination, I will soon be able to provide economic stability for my son and I. Thank you, I truly appreciate your consideration for acceptance.

The best thing about Kent State University-Salem Branch is that it does hold true to its Mission Statement that "faculty and staff are engaged in teaching, research, creative expression..." The faculty members at the Kent-Salem Branch are respectfully dedicated towards their students and are willing to be of assistance in any way to ensure academic success.

Josh

My classmate are a diverse combination of rural and suburban students from various ethnic backgrounds who study hard, celebrate life, and who find learning at Kent State, Salem both challenging and rewarding.

Your accomplishments academically up until this point have been amazing, and while high school graduation may be the closing chapter of this era, there are so many more accomplishment, goals, and rewards to pursue. As you embark on this journey of higher learning, the work will become more difficult, the assignments more intense, and the requirements far more demanding, but the rewards for accomplishment have the potential to completely change your life. The time spent in study and the scores placed in college will potentially direct the course of your life. Do prepare yourself to be academically challenged to the limit, to deny yourself many social pleasures for study, but also prepare to celebrate the achievements that self-discipline will bring. Assuredly the time you will spend in university will impact your future in ways nothing else has to this point. The future is a blank canvas waiting for you the artist; one stroke at a time and each with your best effort will reward you and those around you with beauty for a lifetime.

Kent State, Salem offers me the benefits of smaller classes, personable professors, and close community of a smaller facility yet offers the prestige and resources of an established prominent university. We students, here at Kent, Salem, are encouraged to succeed by highly qualified and caring faculty who take a personal interest in helping us achieve our goal and dreams. Few Universities are able to offer me the extremely high standard of learning at such reasonable tuition cost the way that Kent, Salem has. I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful University.

Kent is best known for their early childhood program, and because this is what i want to do i want to continue my education there.

I chose this school because it reminds me a lot of my home school; Its small, the teachers know you by your name instead of by a number. The people at Kent are really friendly and very willing to help you if you are ever behind and introuble.

Friends, football games, boys... it all seems so important and every problem that occurs you will think it is the end of the world but believe me, its not. Forget about the boy who broke your heart or winning homecoming queen, education is what will help you get through the rest of your life; education is life. Instead of day dreaming, pay attention to your teachers, they may give you a hard time but they are only trying to bring out the best of you. College is no breeze you cant turn assingments in late, it is a whole new ball game... so be ready. No one is going to do this but you so remember that and picture how happy your father will be when he sees that diploma in your hand. While writing that paper take a minute to remember why you enrolled, the children. Your whole life people have told you how great you are with children, remember how great it felt when you helped them with reading and math... there is no better feeling then that. So forget about all the worries of high school, it is time to grow up and enter the REAL world!

Brandi

My school is a small, friendly, clean environment and I think that just about everyone who goes there really likes the campus...

My classmates are typically very friendly and are willing to help you.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that once I start college, I will really like it. I would also tell myself to make sure to study harder and to try not to stress out about school as much because things will work out and everything will be ok. Take college more seriously because once you get through all the schooling it will be worth it.

Kathryn

The small class sizes, comfortably rural setting, student-professor ratio, exceptional Honor's Program.

"Always follow your gut instinct. Don't take more classes than you think you can handle and don't schedule classes when you know you aren't at your best (ie, early morning). Take responsibility for your learning and make schoolwork a high priority - you have the rest of your life to work 40 hours a week."

I love that Kent Salem is close to home while still allowing for the college experience. The more affordable price for a comparable education was a big sell, as was the Honor's Program and small class sizes. The majority of the students here are from the same socioeconomic background, and I've made friends for life here.

Christine

Its best known for its medical program graduates, they are excellent people.

Its best known for its medical program graduates, they are excellent people.

I would have studied a lot more in high school and taken more of the harder classes that way I would've been more prepared for the college life and work load. If it was possible I would've tried to do post secodary schooling also because that would have gotten me closer to my goals with school. I would have tired to be a little more outgoing so that I could get to know more people but all in all it is a great experience.

Sometimes theres a lot of homework and stufdf which makes it really hard to go out and have a scoial life.

Kent State University at Salem administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.