Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

This school is small, diverse and easy for anyone to attend.

This school is small, diverse and easy for anyone to attend.

Speaking to myself in high school I would have to say. Stick with it. I am working on my second attempt at college and it is much more difficult than it was when I was 18. It seems hard and long and there are so many other options other than class and studying, but going back at 30 years old and having to put being an adult on hold is even harder. So...stick with it.

The best thing about this school is that it is close to my home and allows for me to stay with my family.

Shenaaz

its in a small town and people are very nice

its in a small town and people are very nice

I would tell myself to stay fouced on my grades and try to noost my gpa up so the funding for college would be easier. I would also tell myself that it will be hard to adjust from the city to the small country town feeling buts its well wroth it. and also to stay positive and stay humble

Veronika

Learn the ins and outs of the academic process, and stay on a rigid schedule. I had a multitude of problems with regards to my scholarship and financial aid paperwork and compensation. I didn't understand the system or whom to speak with, and once I finally did, I procrastinated in actually getting the papers signed and sent out or contacting the right people. If I had learned the process beforehand, I might have been able to spare myself the agony of considering a life without college. With regards to assignments and papers: get on them right away! Even though I still manage to write grade-A papers under deadline pressure, I also put myself through a lot of anxiety by putting off my assignments until the week (or even the day) of the deadline. My papers could have been more researched, my take-home tests more carefully scrutinized (resulting in higher grades!), and my writing assignments more intellectual. This is an area I will probably have until I graduate. If I could, I would certainly tell my high school self to develop better scheduling habits so that Finals weeks wouldn't be so worrisome.

The faculty are incredibly personable and helpful! Classes are small, so you actually develop friendships with your classmates and professors. There are lots of resources and staff available to help you with research, assignments, personal life, and academic goals. And there is a such a wide variety of majors/minors programs to choose from!

A person who is dedicated to academia. Even though this is a college that really lends itself to students' individuality, it's not a school that lets you coast through your program. You have to work - and that's what makes it a great college.

Lynette

Kentucky State is one of a kind, no school like it.

Kentucky State is one of a kind, no school like it.

If I could go back in time to high school and give myself advice, I would tell myself to work harder in my classes, so I can get better scholarships.

The most frustrating thing about school is finacial aid.

Keisha

"When one stops learning, one stops growing." Eduaction is very important and very essential in society. And there is always room for improvement. If you do not know something ask, and if you do not understand, figure it out, and if you know it already learn more because there there is always something you do not know. You never want to go out in the world knowing just enough, you want to always know more then you are suppose to. And achieveing is believeing in oneself at all times. Even when you are unsure. Being prompt, organized, open minded, and dedicated will get you through colege.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who is ready to be who they are, and want to succeed in whatever they are trying to accomplish. This school has hard workers and dedicated students who are trying to reach their maximum potiential to move to the next level.

Kathleen

Kentucky Stare is best known for being the first African American College in the state of Kentucky. What an accoplishment that must of been. Kentucky State is now a diverse University. People from all over the United States and beyond are pround to call Kentucky State University thier Alma Mater

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was eighteen I would have told myself to get back in school. I would tell myself No matter how hard life is , and that it is not fair the life some of us were dealt with, the only way to get recover is to educate yourself. With education you become empowered. You can do or be anything you would like to be. You can change things you never thought you can change. You can make a diffrence in this world. With education not only your voice can be heard, you can also be the voice for people who have not found thiers.

I believe that anyone who wants to attend this college should, Kentucky State was the first African American college in Kentucky. This was at a time when many young African Americans could not attend Universities because of the color of thier skin. A person that does not respcect all people black, white, yelllow,red should not go because we are all treated the same no matter what the color of our skin, who we worship, or who we love.

Jordan

My school, Kentucky State University offers a friendly atmosphere and great education opportunities for every type of person regardless of age, sex, ethinicty, or background.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would not be able to keep my mouth shut about how important college is. I always knew college was one of the most important aspects of life and making something of yourself, but I would stress it a little more. I would not only go back and tell myself, but I would tell others as well to try their hardest to get the best grades they can acheive, to start applying early to schools that they are interested in and would like to attend. Also I would tell myself and all others to take your time during this college choosing process to visit every one that you are interested in and to make sure you make the right decision. Last but not least I would tell them to leave their high school habits behind them, because what most likely got them through high school will not work here. They need to give their full potential. College is more arduous then high school and you need to be successful in everything during your college career.

Anybody wanting to recieve an excellent chance to recieve a higer education to help them better themseleves in the future should Attend Kentucky State Universeity.

Danario

I would tell myself to learn more about other colleges and visit them before making a final choice, not to limit my options.

Finacial aid because so many students have problems in regard to finacial aid.

Lack of communication between administration and students.

Morris

My school really cares about their students and seeing them graduate. It is not just about the money. They care about everyone getting a quality education and seeing them through until they walk across that stage with their degree. They provide all the help and assistance possible to students who are struggling or just need that extra help. Im from another state and the people and staff at Kentucky State makes me feel like I am still at home with my family.

I would tell myself not to take my senior year lightly. Have fun and enjoy being with my friends and teachers, cherish the moments I have with my family and give the upmost respect and appreciation to my parents for providing for me and taking taking care of situations for me that I was unaware of. I would tell myself to really focus on my school work and my grades. Because my senior year grades still matter. Don't take food or having a meal for granted. It is hard to get a home cooked meal in college. Get ready to see a whole new world where people and temptation can pull you into situations you might not be ready for. Develop a strong mind and set some standards and goals to acheive once you enter the real world.

What frustrates me most is there is nothing close to our school. I have to find a ride to every where I need to go. Wal-Mart and the grocery store is not in walking distance and sometime it is hard to get the things I need.

kay

Hardworking, dedicated, and want to succed in their goals.

Hardworking, dedicated, and want to succed in their goals.

I am a very family oriented person, and as a graduating high school student who has the insight of knowing how much support you receive @ KSU has been inspirational and the fellow students support has been overwhelming. I would not hesitate to choose KSU all over again.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.