Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Mistie

The advice that I feel would be most helpful is staying open to new experiences. There are so many different experiences to be open to such as friendships, clubs and organizations, classes, food and extra curricular activities. I have taken a variety of classes and worked with a variety of people which have enriched my college experience. I feel that as a new college student I was shy and fearful of making a mistake that I did not engage in as many opportunities as I could have. Thankfully as time passed I grew and embraced the diversity. I believe that staying open to new experiences is good advice not just for my high school senior self to anyone starting out in college. Non-traditional students have the same reservations, sometimes more, as graduating high school seniors. Simply put...try.

Catherine

The stereotype of the students is a a big variety. The Youngstown State University community has anywhere from jocks to the occasional gamers. However, this difference does not separates us, but makes us stronger since everyone learns to respect each other because of what is their interests and work together to make Youngstown State University a friendly campus.

Candra

My classmates are very interesting and diverse with great stories.

My classmates are very interesting and diverse with great stories.

Dear Me as a Senior in High School; Before you embark on this insane journey of college, please just listen to your sister. She's right. She is always right (almost) go to Kentucky State. Research colleges very thoroughly. Don't make any rash half-thought out choices. If you do you'll just end up wasting too much time and let yourself get behind everyone else.

The campus is very diverse. There are a lot of interesting people and the class sizes are small so you get to know everyone and your instructers very well.

Jerel

Being in College and just getting the gist, I would advise myself to the number one priority which is pay very close attention. It has to be worthy of getting assignments done when given to with it being ready the next day for the instructor recieves it for delivery. If grades are falling, there shouldn't be any typical leisure time unless the grade is back where it needs to be. College is an educational tool used in order for preparation towards a desirable career worth being a part of .

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that the time is now. It's the time where you need to get it together. Your grades, g.p.a, and test results might not matter to you right now, but you need to start caring because they will have a huge affect on you in the long run. It's important that you pay attention, stop being lazy, and be more responsible. As you get older you will see that if you had more education you would make more money. One day you will need that money. You couldnt get in the military because you can't pass their test. So what you do is apply for a minimum wage job that requires a high school diploma and no experience, but its not what you expected. Now your only option is going back to school. You get accepted. You ask yourself how your going to pay for school? Your trying to apply for scholarships but mostly all of the good ones require high or average standards and you have neither because you didnt do good in high school.

Teia

My college is an HBCU. It is very diverse. Profesors are very helpful and understanding.

I would say to myself to work and study for the ACT because it really help you in the long run. I would also say to dream big and set goal to acomplish everything in your life. I would say get a job and save up money if your going to go to college because your going to need alot of stuff like laptop and food ect. Make your family stay out of stress buy telling them your going to college and save up money so they can also help you. Get a cell phone so you can always call you parent and let them know that your ok at the college your going to.

Reasons for people to attend Kentucky State university are enormous and depend on one’s attitudes. But the important reason that stood out to me was because Kentucky State university their future are job opportunities, increased knowledge andessential skills preparation for future life.

christopher

It's different, something you can't find anywhere else.

It's different, something you can't find anywhere else.

The engineering program attracted my attention. Most programs are dropped by similar campus', but Kentucky State University has remained to uphold their program.

I would tell myself to give it my all. Procrastination is not your friend, and helping others can help you also. Because tutor sessions help in not only studing but in refreshing information. Procrastination only makes matters worse, while the early bird gets the worm.

Natasha

Kentucky State is very diverse. It was an excellent choice.

Kentucky State is very diverse. It was an excellent choice.

The only thing I would tell my self is to not take time for granted.

Anyone wanting to be successful should attened Kentucky State University.

deivree

the best thing about my school is its size. im all about being close and getting to know people for who they really are. i like a setting where i am able to do that with ease. i know my professors and my professors know me. i know my classmates by first bame, and they know mine.

the worst thing about my school is the financial situation. as a freshman i was offered more than enough to cover my bill for the year. now i am a sophomore and im finding it hard to pay for school. so there is some trickery going on.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.