Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Amber

My classmates are very nice and friendly. Mostly everyone either keeps to themselves or they form friend groups that do everything together, such as studying together, eating together, hangout, etc. If you are white and have mostly lived in a white community all your life then coming here can cause a sort of culture shock. I have personally never felt prejudiced against by anyone going to this school, whether it be by the students or the teachers. Everyone that I have met has been fairly opened-minded and prejudice isn't tolerated here.

Hello self, you're probably thinking, "Oh crap! What happened!? Did the world end in 2012 so all my schooling was all for naught?" Well no, it's not that serious. I just wanted to tell you that you're going to do well in your freshman year of college. I know, I know, you're probably worried about making friends and whatnot but don't worry! A lot of your classmates from high school will come and they'll actually be your classmates again! But about that though. I know the idea of having previous classmates be in your classes again might sound perfect but I just wanna say don't do that. You're gonna be offered to join the Whitney Young Program and I just want you to say no. Don't get me wrong the program is absolutely fabulous but with the career path you are eventually going to choose, you don't really need this program to help you. Yeah, you'll have a bunch of fun experiences, but no, you don't need it. Don't worry about college, it is just as you imagined it would be. Remember to have fun!

It is very easy to find study space so if you can study by yourself. Most of the time you can get a room by yourself so you don't have to share. In most rooms, they have a TV so students can watch those educational videos at the library if you need them. Every room also has an outlet so you can use your labtop in the study room without draining the battery.

Julian

A historically black but modernly mixed institution with a small, yet comfortable campus that provides a family feel and creates a very student-friendly learning enviroment for everyone.

The college experience is self-created. You must get involved on your campus and want to know what is going on in order to have a good time. You must surround yourself with people that are as ambitious as you. If that means distancing yourself from previous friends that you notice are negative and do not want much from their college experience then so be it; it will be worth it. Remember that everything comes second to academics. Fun campus events, campus organizations, and even your sport come after you have finished your work. I know you will be playing golf in college so remember that golf is paying the bills. Go to every practice and workout on time and let no one steer you away from golf because scholarships are not promised. Last but not least, the professors. In college you take professors, not classes, so remember to ask around for the best professor in each subject so you will not have to deal with the burden of taking a professor you will not like. And remember that you are paying for your education so it is the professor’s duty to help you in any way possible.

The best thing about our school is the size of the campus. Because our campus has under 3,000 students, you begin to know every student on the campus, creating an enviroment to make you feel like you are at home. That enviroment builds school moral and school pride so our campus stays clean, safe and fun. It is also great because you get a relationship with professors that you get at no other type of school. You can call or text them on personal lines and they are always available to help you on a 1 on 1 level.

Suncearae

The thing that I find most unique about Kentucky State University is the fact that all of the students here are like a huge family. Everybody pretty much knows and cares for everybody. The student body being a family here at KYSU is what makes school events and even going to class even more fun.

Sunny, you are finally a senior in highschool. After this, your life truly begins so do everything in your power to ensure that the next years to come will be successful. Focus, and stay determined. You know that you struggle in math so pay extra attention in class and stay after school when you need extra help. Yes, your friends will want you to do things with them, but studying is more important and will pay off, trust me. If they are your true friends, they will understand and maybe even study with you. I'm telling you this because college math is no joke! The teachers expect you to know material before you get there, and if you do not know it you will be lost. Also take those same study habits and apply it to every subject because you will need to study every subject in college, no matter how good you are at it. Maintaining good grades and study habits are important, but be sure you also work on finding yourself. In college, people from all over will try to persuade different opinions and actions upon you. Stay true to who you are, and stay focused.

KYSU does not discrimminate. If you love diversity, social gatherings, and being involed and while being able to stay focused, Kentucky State University is the place for you!

bianca

My school is a small school which means we are like one big family. Everyone at my school helps out anybody who is in need and needs help. We never turn out back on others, thats how big a family we are.

I have gotton a lot from my school. college teaches you responsibility and teaches you the real meaning of friendship. when i first had gotton to college i didnt do anything for myself at home. My mom did everything and when i got into college she did all my paper work. When she left i had t do everything by myself. I had to grow up and become responsible. When i was new to the school all the upper classmen came up to me and help me if i looked lost or asked me if i needed help. All the teachers , advisors, and the other staff where like parents most of the time. We could go to them with any issue and they would help just like if you were part of there family

I tell my friends that on weekend night everybody meets at the flagpole so we can play a campus wide game of hide-n-seek

ericka

it's the best thing that every happen to me. Kentucky State Univerisity has change my life a 100% ....

If i can go back in time to my senior. I will tell my self to prepare your mind into studying everyday because in high school you can slide without studying . College you have study in order to get the full understanding on the text books . I wil tell myself to be more independent in do for you rself to get use of taking care of myself. College is a big step moving from teens life to adult hood. Thats a big step in an process to maintain being adult. I will just tell myself be mor e determine then ever stay on top ,and never fall for anything. As I learn doing my seven months here on campus you have be very wise and make right decison .

I person who has set goals for he or she self. You should love school and meeting new people from around the world,and don't be so judgemental toward people.Cause college is setting life in success story for and college's need your support in order to let your sucesse come to true light. I feel you should be more determine then a average person and be smart about her success. life is not fair, but you have to keep it moving in move pass through obstacle's .

hong.yun

our class mate was awesome and outgoing l...so come on here

our class mate was awesome and outgoing l...so come on here

doing my best in my field is the best way to succeed in my life....

some country ...so don't have to worry about friend relationship ...that 's ok

yolanda

Party school with a really good honors program.

Party school with a really good honors program.

Extremely smart honors students.

You should visit the college campus at least twice before you make your final decision. The first visit should be a scheduled tour. The second visit needs to be impromptu. This allows you to get a real feel of the environment. Just because they are giving away refund checks and free pizza with a credit card application does not mean you have to accept. This will cost you much money in the long run. Spend as much time as you can with your annoying little sister. Once you go to college, you will miss her more than you care to admit. Appreciate her for the beautiful, intelligent young woman that she is. It is okay to take Mr. Snuggles with you to school. He will help you get through a lot of rough nights. Be good to your parents. They are the ones that will pay all of your bank overdraft fees and send you $200 a month so you don't have to work. Last but not least, thank Mr. Davis. Not all of your college professors will be as loving and supportive as he is.

Troy

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself to prepare more academically in high school. Spend more time studying so that it carries over to college life. Don't be afraid to make new friends. Get ready for the time of your life.

This school is very focused on the non-traditional adult learner. Anyone with a passion to learn should attend this school regardless of your ethnic or religious background.

The passion, concern, and willingness of the instuctors to help with your success. The smallness of the classes. I have alread received one degree from this school and I am working on my second. My decision to return was an easy one to make.

amber

do get involved with different activities and always study and keep my head up. to always to be friendly to people and to talk to teachers and make realtionships with them.

my family because i love them soooo much and how i want to achieve sooo much and becaome a social work to help different people.

just the finicial aid because it be very croweded and busy

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.