Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Jamar

Stay focus and study hard while in high school, it'll make college alot easier!

Stay focus and study hard while in high school, it'll make college alot easier!

the people, thats what makes a university worth wild.

keaira

It funny that this question would be asked because there are a plethora of times I wish that I could back in time and inform myself of what I know now. As a high school senior I didn?t take the SAT?s as serious as I should have. I thought College was another way that I could get away from my parents and be on my own. Being that I have been through a lot theses past three years that if I had a little bit more information and took my time instead of rushing to be grown I would have known that from that point on things were going to get tougher. That?s why I would go back and tell the high school Senior Keaira to buckle down study harder for the SAT?s. Do a little soul searching to figure out what it is that she wanted to be in the near future.

Consider the small class room sizes to be the best thing at my school .

Anthony

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself would be to read and study more to prepare me for the multiple readings and tests given in college. I would make myself aware that the road ahead is only going to get tougher. I would also tell myself that high school is not like college. You don't have teachers, nor professor's on your back about attending class, studying for the exams that are to come, nor to keep reminding you to do the readings for the next class. I would be more prepared when the time comes for me to start my first college year. If I could do it all over again and start my freshman year in college over, I would let the knowledge that I have now help me to become a better student.

Regina

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior i would first tell myself how important my high school years are. I would also tell myself that college is one of the hardest steps of life so take time and work hard. Though i did graduate high school one year early with a 3.8 gpa if i would have told myself to work harder i would have been at a better school and on a academic scholarship. I would have told myself to apply myself more to my studies and after school activities because in some way my last couple of high school years would determine the rest of my life . Knowing that its pretty hard to get anywhere n life without some kind of degree or college education knowing and learning what i do now i could have told my self to think hard on how i want the rest of my life to be and maybe i would be in a entire diffrent place from where i am now. Thank You

Personally, I enjoy my school it is an historically black college and it does have my major that i am studying so the school is alright. I think the worst thing about my school will be the classrooms and the teachers and proffessors that are here. I have talked to people from diffrent schools and the way of doing things here at Kentucky stuff are done diffrent from bigger universities for exaple the University Of Kentucky maybe because we are a smaller school.

When i talk to my friends i mostly brag about the fun i have and all of our school spirit. We alo have a great band who has been to the Honda Battle of the Bands.

Kevin

Make sure that I look more into the school that i want to attend don't let mother rush to to pick a school and end up going to a school that you not going to like. Save all the money you can cuase you are going to need it. tey your hardest to check out school. watch the company you keep becuase alot of the student there are not really your friends. stay on top of your school work becuase a lot of these teacher will mess you over and try and get a much help as you can in everything you need.

That it is a HBCU. Aslo that it smaller that other school and that a person is just not a number teacher and staff know your name.

That my program is small here and most of the student here still act like this is high school doing childish things. The staff here alot of them do not know how to do their job i hate the fact that Finaical Aid people is always messing something up and it hard to get in contract with someone to talk to about it.

kendall

As I look forward to college life, I would focus more on social issues and the community. I would try to be more understanding of other cultures and races. Kendall you should learn better study habits and to depend on yourself and not others. Learn that everyonth that calls themselves friends are no really your friends and are not always looking out for you but what they can get from you. If you stay focused and remember what you were taught from teachers and family members you can achieve anything you want. I have been given all the opportunities, I just need to stay on my path and continue to be the person I know I can become.

It is hard to get the courses you need it you don't get a chance to pre-register. I have found it difficult to get courses in my major (intro courses). I have found that some upper classmen tend to harass underclassmen if they come from a different state.

The type of person that I think will succeed at this school, is a person who has their goals set or have a general idea of what they want to become. They have to be sure of themselves. They have to be able to be friendly and outgoing.

Rebecca

You cant get a hold of anyone. When you need to talk to a prof. they don't answer their phones. Most people care about doing their own thing and expect everyone else to do the work. If you don't believe a certian way, they you are looked down upon.

I should have gone in as undeclared major. I wouldn't have wasted 2 yrs on something I didn't want to do.

Zenitra

My classmates are very different from one another in their own way.

My classmates are very different from one another in their own way.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would give myself a few words of advice. The first bit of advice would be; not to get close to everyone that you meet, because everyone is not always for you and will not always be in your life or there for you like you might think they will be. My next bit of advice would be to always study no matter what! Study for every test and quiz that you have, it will really pay off in the end. Also, stay focused no matter what! Do not let anything or anybody stop you or attempt to stop you from going where you are trying to go in life, and with your college careeer. My last bit of advice would be always be yourself! Don't let anyone try and change who are, there is nothing better than being yourself at all times! The best advice I would give myself would be; work hard, work hard, work hard, and try your best at everything that you do. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

The worst thing about my school is that it is very unorganized, it kind of gives the school a bad reputation in my opinion.

Chaz

College is expensive and as a senior you should strive to raise your grades/grade point average and not play around. College is harder than high school because of all the free time you?re given. You should practice time management habits and studying. In college you'll meet a lot of new people and run into a lot of different characters, don't let these people influence you into making bad decisions. Stay ahead of the class by reading one chapter in your textbook before you head to class. Not only does this keep you ahead of the class but when the teacher goes over that chapter it will be a review to you. Also be sure to befriend the teacher and make a proper introduction and impression. If the teacher likes you and sees that you are a good student striving to be a better scholar they'll be more lenient with you. There are more things about college you'll have to learn and discover on your own just try to follow these tips and I can guarantee you'll make it through your next chapter in life.

The small student to teacher ratio because it benefits me and im less likely to get lost somewhere in the class and not get the attention I need.

The 5year master degree program for the business majors. It allows business majors to follow a schedule and receive there master degree in five years.

Rickell

The advice i would tell myself to think about the long run. The advice I would give myself is to be more discipline when it comes applying for different scholarships. I would fill out for more scholarships because college is very expensive and hard to afford. I would say don't just look for scholarships also apply for them. Apply for ever scholarship you can apply for even if you dont reach every thing they ask for. Always try and push for what you need. I would also advise myself to look into more than just the outside look of the school. I would tell myself how is the campus life, the cafe, and the staff. I would tell my self to think about the money cost. Think is this going to be used for books, tution, or even my meal plan. Think about traveling for holidays, and the cost of traveling from and to school. Will i be able to afford going home for Thanksgiving Break than turn around to go home for Winter Break. Tell myself to think about the long run.

I believe the best things about my school is the one on one connection with your teachers. The teachers gets to know their students on a personal level and can get help with their personal needs. The teachers try to help as much as possible and they are very flexible with their time to try and help the students out in any way possible.

I believe the worst thing about our school is the fincial aid. They give much help unless you fuss about things and they don't answer the phone when you call. If you leave a message they do not call you back. I believe that the fincial aid is not much help with helping with paying for school.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.