Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Tracy

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not let anything hold me back from pursuing my education. Just because my parents believed that they couldn't afford to send me to college was not a good enough reason for me to let that dream die. I would explain to myself that they truly believed that there was no way for me to go to college and that they weren't trying to hold me back. I would convince my younger self that I didn't have to choose between getting married and having children and getting a college education. Then, I would tell my timid high school senior self to not be afraid of new challenges and that my life would be so much easier and more satisfying if I had a college degree. Naturally, I would have to advise my very practical self that my earnings with a college degree would be so much greater than what they would be without one.

Anybody who requires a great deal of night life, culture, and "big city" attractions.

RONNA

Not sure... First semester here.

Not sure... First semester here.

I would tell myself to wait a few years. Be sure that you are focused and determined on your goal. Don't go to college just to keep from working or staying on you parents' payroll.

Some who is dedicated and focused and ready for a college degree

Samone

Kentucky State Unversity is an amazing fundamental educational institution that provides students with the academic and lifeskills needed for each and everyone of us to be a success in our planned futures.

The advice I would give myself is to apply for as many scholarships as possible. Paying for school is not fun and can become very stressful at times, not having enough money to even buy a book for class becomes very heartbreaking. Teachers and staff expect you to be responsible so making excuses and trying to get them to sympathize is not being accepted. I would also tell my self you can't spend money on things you want anymore because you have to focus on what is needed. Being in high school you most students dont have to worry about bills and paying for important things but, once your in college you have to learn how to budget your money. The last thing I would tell myself is to watch out for peer pressure and users because it can become very persuading. Alot of students come to college with not as much as you and will try to get over on you by using up all of your stuff.

The best thing about my school is that they focus on making sure that every student who attends the university receives an amazing educational experience. The university provides studends with tutoring programs and teachers who do care about you anc your accomplishments and goals.

Chasidi

Kentucky State University is a school were you enter to learn and go out and serve.

my school is best known for their band, and performing arts

If I was able to go back in time to my senior year of high school, there would be numerous things i would say. I would first tell my sef to stop partying and come in at a decent hour. I would also tell myself to stop working so late at work. Those two components were the downfall of my focuse senior year. The main information i would tell myself, is to take getting prepared for college more seriously. I was doing everything myself, but i let the non-supporters get in way and allow me to lose the confidence in going to college. But i am here and i made it throuh all the difficulties.

LaCharia

I think anyone can attend this school. They have programs that will help and inspire everyone to become successful.

The most frustrated thing about this school is getting registered complete before classes starte. I hate to be behind in a class. Sometimes its hard to completely register and get all my books before classes start.

If I could go back in time, I would give myself the advice to be prepared for all the changes an out-state college student is faced with . I was not prepared nor expecting to deal with the lifestyle changes or social changes. In high school, I did not have to work hard or be as prepared for classes as I needed to be in college. My freshmen year, I did not put forth any effort in my class work. I was under the impression I could just breeze through college like I did in high school. But I quickly realized that not being prepared for class not only effected my grade, but my overall GPA and my financial aid. It was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. It took me time to take my college experience seriously. In my sophmore year I realized how many facilities are on campus to help students study and partner up with a team of peers in their major that could help them with new study habits. In conclusion the advice I would give myself is to be prepared for changes.

I think the best thing about KSU is that the professors really try to help you. They will meet with you outside of their office hours and make sure you are understanding the material and assignments. They also truely care about your success and future.

I like the Student Life Department because they have awesome events and really host activites the student body really enjoys.

The unique thing about tidewater is that I am able to transfer to any four-year universtiy when I am ready. It is also cheaper to start at a two-year college.

The advice I would give myself is that I needed to take more time looking for scholarships than soing nothing. I would also tell myself I should have worked harder in my freshmen year inorder to raise my GPA.

The best thing about tidewater is that we just got a brand new school with everything new.

It is a historically african american university.

It is a historically african american university.

I would tell myself to take college seriously and to try my hardest from the very beginning. When I first started school I sometimes didn't try to do my best and once I realized that I could succeed if I managed my time and tried I became a much happier student. Also, that it's okay to start college not knowing what field you want to end up in because more than likely you will learn after taking your general education courses what your interests and passions are. I feel like many people don't attend college because they "don't know what they want to do" but if college has been an eye opening experience for me. It showed me what I'm passionate about and brought me to a career that I will love doing every day. The goal of becoming a teacher motivates me and I enjoy going to class and doing projects that will help me achieve that goal. I think my education at Kentucky State has taught me many life lessons that I will never forget and I have grown into a mature adult ready to go out into the real world now.

The class sizes are small making it easy to get to know everyone in your program area.

Heather

My classmates are friendly and upbeat and very helpful

My classmates are friendly and upbeat and very helpful

I would tell myself to always try my best, work hard and you will succeed. I wouldn't change anything because without those experiences i wouldn't be who i am today.

Anyone looking for helpful professors and a very good education

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.