Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Brittney

To do my financial aid faster and to think things through better.

To do my financial aid faster and to think things through better.

i brag about the school itself. I tell them ts in a small country place so you have to make yourself have fun and you meet new people and friends

it be so many people in your buiness that they dont be know wahat they be talking about. Also, financial aid dont be wanna help you or give u money

Asia

My classmates are very nice and caring. When people need help with work they form study groups to help eachother out. In class, if there is something that we dont understand the professors way, they try to explain it for us.

In order to be a successful college student you have to practice time management, and in high school this is something that I didn't practice. In college it is very easy to become distracted by the social aspects and can cause you to slip into a hole that you cannot dig yourself out of. As a high school senior I would give myself the advice of watching out who I surround myself around once I get to college. Meeting new people is a good thing, but there are still some out there that have bad intentions. Also i would advise myself not to give in to peer pressure, because it could cause me to get into a lot of trouble. Jus stay true to myself and the task at hand.

The worst thing about my school is the financial aid. The school tends to lose paperwork and puts holds on your account. They are very slow at getting refund checks back to students and contacting financial aid is a real struggle. The people that work in financial aid can also be very rude at times.

Amber

Kentucky State University is unique compared to other school because of it's diversity and growing population. They really encourage people of all racial backgrounds to participate in on campus events and sponsored activities.

My advice to myself as a graduating senior would be to not trust everyone you meet from the start. I would give myself this advice because you really learn who people are being around them for awhile. Just because someone is nice to you and acts like your friend does not mean that they won't leave you in harm's way or a bad situation at a party. You can never be to cautious. Also, I would give myself the advice to study all I can. College is not about partying and you are there for a higher education and to make something of yourself. It's okay to have fun but dont put your school work off thinking you will have time later because that will only cause hardships and time crunches down the road.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the unorganization with finanacial aid. Since I have attended the university I have had to constatnly keep on top of my finanacial aid and show them my reward letter every semester so I receive the alloted amount that I should.

Britney

My school is very small, sometimes lively depending on the people you hang with with a small amount of school spirit, but a lot of parties to attend that is in the middle of nowhere.

The advice that I would give myself first and foremost would be to pick the school that my heart was at, not the school that offers the most money. The problem that I had as a senior was that my heart was at a school other than the one I attend now. By assuming that the school with the most money would automatically be fun, and that best school for me was not a wise choice. Although I would have been paying more money to go to the school of my choice, I also would've had the greater college experience. So, in conclusion, my advice that I would given myself was that I should attend the school I really wanted to go to and not worry about the financial inclinations.

I brag about how fun my friends are, that I met from this school.

Marte'

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to take my education more seriously, and not be so concerned with my social life. I had never had much independence until I started college. The freedom to do what I wanted overwhelmed me, and I lost my concentration on my studies. I would tell myself that I have the rest of my life to make friends and go to parties, but I have a shorter amount of time to decide my career. I would also tell myself that it is still important to have fun, but not to make it more important than my grades.

Carrie

Don't waste your time on things that only satisy for a short amount of time, such as partying, drinking, clubbing, and otherwise not necessary and possibly counter-productive activities. Focus on schoolwork, and do not let anybody bring you down, by saying, "You can't do it, or you will never make anything of your life." Attendance is key to making it at a campus college, don't do things you know you will fail at, like getting suckered into attending campus college's because you will always get a morning class and that means a lower GPA for you. Be open to alternative schooling such as online courses, like Ultimate Medical Academy Online, it means no morning classes ever. Also, do not be intimidated by online course costs, you will be paying for the convienance, but you will most likely have a better chance of success at it, and obtaining the employment you desire. Do not make impulsive decision's, always carefully think about, and plan for anything you want to do in life.

shawon

What's unique about Kentucky State University from other schools I considered, was the size its not that big so after being here you start to bulid relationships with people from every where and they become like a second family. Also with fraternities and soroities we have the whole DIvine 9.

Knowing what I know now about the college life and making the transition, the advide I would give myself is to probably have stayed closer to home for the first year, I would have saved more money, and I would have focused a lot more on my high school grades. I would have probably stayed closer to home the first year not only because my parents wanted me to, but if I had they would be able to help me out more when I needed it and be able to get to me a lot easier than its been the first semester since I had a problem with my car. I would have saved more money because life has unexpected expenses come up and I didn't realize how often they happen until they seemed to constantly come up my first five months of school. So by saving more I would have been better prepared for them. I also would have worked harder in my grades in high school so I would be awarded with more scholarships for college so I could futher my education.

Kentucky State University is for a student who wants to attend a smaller school environment and be able to have a personal relationship with their teachers. Not only will they be able to have a one on one relationship with their teachers but meet people from all around the world and broaden their horizons.

Shawaka

Small but everyone is like family and everyone speak.

Small but everyone is like family and everyone speak.

If I can go back in time when I was an high school senior. I will tell myself to look into more than 3 college and universities and make sure that is what I really would like to do. Study hard and everyday so I can get an scholarship because, attending college is very expensive. Do my best and pay attention and just pray.

Someone who is dedicated to their education but, at the same time likes to have fun.

Janai

The aquaculture program but for some a party school

The aquaculture program but for some a party school

Stay focused. Parties are not important. The same people will be at the next party and you dont have to be at every one.

The alumni dont give back at all, there is a low sense of school spirit, the financial aid office is horrible. If you dont have everything together when you come to school, they will give you the run around until time runs out or you get aggressive. They act like they dont want to help you or youre bothering them when you ask for help. They are almost never there. Its ridiculous.

Cristal

first African American school in the nation.

first African American school in the nation.

Do not get married!!! Go to school right away, it is precious time you are waisting. Enjoy life, if you cry more often then you smile, you are doing the wrong thing. Study hard.

computer labs are not open all night.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.