Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Caprisha

Knowing what i know now that i didnt know whil in High School, i wouldve given advice of patience. Being in college you have to have an extreme amount of patience, sometime your finances dont come through as fast as you would like or you expected and also sometimes it takes a longer for you to accomplish what you enrolled into College for. I would also have given myself advice of having more responsibility, during High School i basically had everything handed to me and when i became a College student i found out that everything thats going on while im here is my responsibility. I have to make sure that everything is taken care of myself, my parents arent here with me to make sure everything is in order. Now that im in College i've learned to be more patient and take on more responsibility witout anyone having to tell me to.

I wish that i wouldve knon that College is much more than just going to class, parties and hangingith friends. There are many more responsibilities in College than mos know, theres taking care of your financial needs, planning for future courses and joining and partaking in lots of school activities and groups.

I believe that a goal orienated person should attend this school. If your genuinly interested in your future you should apply to enroll. A person who expects the unexpected and someone who isnt use to being around so many different types of people, because it broadens your horizons.

Angela

If I could go back and talk to myelf as a high school senior the most important thing I could tell myself would be to go directly to college rather than take time off in between. I was planning to take a year off and ended up waiting nine years. Now I'm 27 years old with a child and I'm just now back in school. I could already be finished if only I hadn't gotten lazy and taken time off. It really upsets me to think that I could have a degree and a career but I chose to waste away nine years instead. I only made it more difficult on myself in the end because I did everything backward. I now have to raise my daughter full time, work full time, and go to school full time but if I had gone strait to college I would have had a degree and a career before my child was born and all I would have to focus on would be my child and my job and money would not be so tight. I chose the hard road so I would definately warn myself about taking time off.

I had been out of school for a long time when I decided to come to KSU and I can't really say that there is anything I wish I had known before comming. It took some time to adjust to everything but I am so glad I am here getting a degree. Different teachers have different expectations so that is really the only thing that is taking some getting use to.

The whole environment and setting at KSU is just a wonderful experience in itself. It would be difficult to say what I brag on the most as there are so many wonderful things. I love our band, they are great and really get the crowds going at games and parades but I also find myself bragging about how excellent most of the staff is. They will go out of their way to help you if you just make the effort to try to help yourself. There are many more reasons why KSU is great but I'm out of room.

I would tell myself dont be nervous you have come this far and there is no turning back now, you can do this. I would also tell myself to manage my stress level and when I need help with schoolwork, dont be afraid to ask for it! Soak up all available knowledege like a sponge. Try your best at all times. Meet new people and try new things, its always good to come out of your comfort zone every once in a while. Attempt things that you dont think you are capable of. You will never know just how good you are at something until you try it. Study hard and dont get behind on your work, in college time goes fast and every minute is precious. Never regret anything just learn from your mistakes and do much better next time. Be friendly to everyone you meet, because you never know who you might need assistance from later on in life. Network, because sometimes its not just about what you know but who you know. Above all, be true to yourself and no matter what takes place while you are in college, you must never forget who you are.

I wish I had known that it sometimes has a tendancy to be slightly unorganized.

A person who wants to be part of a small community and learn in classes with less people and one who will pursue their goals until they are acccomplished.

Bronwyn

Kentucky State University is a historically black college, and most of the students who attend are black.

When you begin the search for your college and you haven't the faintest clue what you want to do with your life, do not be afraid. College is the opportunity and privilege that provides individuals with the resources they need to discover themselves and to realize their dreams. These few years I have spent at Kentucky State University have taught me many things about myself, about courage, about uncertainty, and about the drive to succeed. The first few weeks I spent as a college freshman were scary. I was unsure of my abilities to earn the grades that I wanted. I soon learned that if I did what was asked of me, did not procrastinate and did my assignments on time, I would not only meet, but exceed those goals I had set for myself. I can remember seeing some of my classmates making the same discovery. Once you come to this conclusion, there is nothing that can stop you from being the best you can be and overcoming all of the challenges that cross your path.

You should attend Kentucky State if you are an accepting and open-minded person with a democratic political affiliation. If you are interested in getting an excellent liberal arts education, you will get it at this college. Kentucky State also houses the Whitney Young Honors' Programs for those students who are sick of high school, but who still have a passion for knowledge and for the betterment of their lives.

Brian

I would advise myself to be prepared to be very shy. The first year of college was very hard to make friends but the ones I could find, to stick with them. College friends will last for life so it's best to find ones with your major or interests in mind. Who knows, they might be able to help you in the future. Until then though, take college one day at a time. Don't let yourself get too stressed and remember, take a break when you need it and ask for help when needed! Don't be so prideful that you don't ask for help!

It's away from the bustle of big city life.

Someone who is expecting a lot of help from financial aid and expects clear answers. It's very hard to get answers from financial aid and other faculty.

Brandee

YOUR PARENTS WERE RIGHT! It's a big world out there, you have to be responsible for your own actions and accept the consequences. No one will hold your hand in college. If you pass or fail, it's all up to you. Get good grades, so that you can succeed and make your dreams a reality. Try to keep the partying and other distractions to a minimum. Participate in campus extracuriculars instead. The key is that if you do make mistakes along the way, LEARN from them and become a better person. Never stop learning...learn about everything in life, books,t.v. radio, different nations and their people, cultures and every other aspect that this world has to offer , it will do nothing but help you live up to your potential in life and your studies. Volunteerism is the best! It's very self fulfilling and helps your fellow man. But above all, live life to the fullest, stay true to you and your beliefs, give 110% and and you'll always shine!

that its in my hometown

That is a historically black university but has a diverse student body.

Queyana

I think the most unique thing that best describes the school that I attend is that we have a lot of small classes where the students can get individual attention from their professors. Our proffesors like to teach smaller classes and are dedicated to making sure that each student performs to the best of their ability and that the teachers provide assitance as needed.

I would tell myself that the decision to pick a college is a very hard decision to make. Making a decision based solely upon location, and scholarship opportunities is not enough. You need to explore the campus, talk to people, spend some time with people that have gone through the same process that I intend to go through, and make your decision based upon all of this information. I will tell myself to relax, have fun, and not be so nervous. I spent a lot of my time frustrated, and nervous about the transition and trying to be the perfect college student, that I forgot to have fun, and I forgot to let loose and dive into this new life endeavor just like any other new experience. However, I cannot go back into time and I cannot change the past, but I can help those that intend to explore this fascinating hurdle--college, and help make the transition easier for them.

The worst thing about our school is our administrative offices ( financial aid, registrar, bursar, collections). The people that work there, in my opinion, work there to make a pay check and are not fully committed to helping the students as best they can. A lot of the time you could have one simple question and could get the run-around by every office. People do not seem to know what they are doing, and trying to get something done is a strenuous, tiresome activity.

Danyelle

It is a Historically Black College so its very different and diverse than other schools that I considered or attended.

I would tell myself to work on my time management and learn better study habits. I would also tell my high school self to take things more seriously so that I can do my best my first semester. I would explain how far will power goes when it comes to college and I would tell mysel not to give up when times get hard.

sheila

I have noticed that my classmates are mostley outgoing and are serious about their studies.

Kentucky State University is known for being a land grant institution.

Assuming that I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school I word give myself examles of situations that will go on during the transition. Also I would tell myself that to apply for as many scholorships and grants as possible. That I should always keep my grades up high, as high as I could get them. To be very self motivated becuase you can always rely on yourself. Always be a hard worker becuase life is hard and if a person really want's help it they will go and get it. I would tell myself to always have faith in the lord, that he will always be on my side.

Wesley

The classmates that I have at night are a mix of students fresh out of college, and older students who may be returning to college after a number of years.

If I could go back in time; the first thing I would tell myself is ?Stick with it!? I would make sure my past self understood that waiting nearly a decade to go back to school is far tougher than simply doing it in 4 years immediately after graduation!

Their seemingly complete lack of ability to work with the schedule of nighttime students; the hours they keep for things such as the bookstore or counseling are not congruent with the schedule of someone who goes to school at night. Furthermore key things like testing for English or math are done on a first come first serve basis; most of which are during the day.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.