Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

School Spirit, Fraternities and Sororities. In the work feild, the school is known for over preparing students for their jobs. Also, better known for our research facilities and early childhood education program.

I would tell myself to do the best you can and to give all you can in whatever you do. That life is to short so live your life to the fullest everyday as possible. That if you take the lesson that your father gave every time, "If you fail to plan, then you will plan to fail" in everything you do, that you can make anything happen when, where, and how. Follow you dream, and do not let anyone tell you that you are not capable of anything, because everyone is capable of something. Follow you passion so you can make and have the career of what you love doing for a living. Be yourself whereever you go, because people will criticize, but you are your own worst critic. And Lastly, love yourself in all things first.

A person who thinks they can come here and slack. A person who expects everything that is shown on the movies of the college life. Also a person who thinks that just because the campus is small, that the heart is not big enough, because this campus is a family with a big heart full of green and gold spirit.

devon

My classmates are all determined and focused on getting their degree.

My classmates are all determined and focused on getting their degree.

The advice I would give to myself would be: feel out as many applications as possible and take the ACT as many times as possible.

I wish I would have known that the dorms had community bathrooms.

Jasmine

The uniqueness about Kentucky State University is the family feeling away from home!

A self-starter, motivated and determined student that knows exactly what they want and are determined to get there by any means necessary!

If i could go back in time as a high school senior, i would tell myself to appreciate what you've got while you've got it. I would tell myself to not let anything stop me from accomplishing my dreams in life. Live in the moment of everything you do, because it could be gone in the blink of an eye. Don't sweat the mistakes you make or the embarrassing moments becasue those are lifes lessons. The most important things life aren't always the easiest to grasp; and you have to take big risks in order to accomplish big dreams. A tough situation can always get worse, so make the best out of every situation. Life is about living for others and not just yourself; and you cant trust others if you can't trust yourself. Your future will get rough but the sacrifices you'll make for others will pay off.

Jade

My school is a melting pot of diversity, culture, and many life experiences that have come together to form a strong Thorobred community which main focuses are to constantly prepare its students to be successful in the real world upon graduating from its institution.

Matriculation into a post-secondary institution was one of my major concerns as a graduating senior this past 2008-2009 school year. If I could go back in time and talk to myself throughout the whole process, I would have given myself great advice that would have made the transtion much smoother. At the end of my high school year, I became struck the the virus Senioritis (a popular disease that overtakes all seniors once the spring term resumes). In retrospective, I would tell myself to take advantage of every scholarship opportunity and keep in contact with everyone that could help me at some point down the line in my collegiate career. I never knew how imperative and crucial it truly was to not give up on my studies towards the end of the year; you always need to finish strong and stay one step ahead. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to stand up and speak for myself regarding what is best for me. No matter what anyone else thinks about my decisions, I must be okay with them because ultimately I am the ONLY person that can determine my own destiny!

I consider the close bond of the students and faculty the best thing about the school. Smaller classrooms helps with having more one-on-one time with professors and allows for group discussion and friendly interactions during class. I appreciate the "family-like" atmosphere of the Kentucky State University campus and the many resources that can be called upon regarding serious isssues including financial aid, residence life, student life, and the student govemment to name a few.

joanna

I would constantly remind my self about having good time usage. How u use your time has surprised me more than anything, the days fly past you when you are so busy just about everyday. Another piece of advice I would give my self is to go far away and do not bring my car the first year. I say go far because I would of learned and been forced to handle things on my own instead of runnig right back home to my mother everytime I had trouble with something. It is nothing wrong with getting help but I fail to get help and remember for next time because i KNOW I can just go back home and ask the same questions over. Finally I say do not bring your car is because it brings more baggage with you, for example, paying for parking tickets and worriying about parking tickets.

the worst thing about the school i attend is they lack of effort they demonstrate to get everyone's finicial or just register papaer work together. The staff they have sometimes are rude and very unprofessional by not paying attention when someone is waiting or needs elp. Lastly I believe if their were more organized as a school maybe things would be more well put together. By them not having everything together it puts more stress on students including everything we have to deal with.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who becomes stressed easily over things being out of order. Everyone knows the school is in a way known for it's incapabilties of processing paperwork on time. I also think someone who does not play sports should not attend because outside of sports this campus seems to put alot of extra time on your hands and it tends to get boring.

Cari

Be prepared to take a hit on your social life if your going to a college that no one from your high school is going to. Sometimes it can be hard to make friends, if your someone like myself who went to preschool with the same people I graduated high school with, its hard to be the "new kid" and eat alone or walk to classes alone. Go to college expected something. Expect that people will like you and be yourself.

The level of school spirit that everyone has. People who play sports or play in the band always have the support of the student body.

I tell them that Kentucky State University has a lot of activities to get involved in and that it is almost impossible to be bored.

Jasmine

If I was allowed to go back in time to and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to work harder and stay more focused on my studies. I believe that I wasn't mentally prepared for the freedom that you have as a college student versus a high school student and I think that was what caused me to deter from my academics (my freshman year).

that they aren't more selective on who attends the school. i feel that many of the students are not academically and mentally mature enough to deal with college.

that sometimes you have a hard time contacting the necessary people to handle and fiz certain problems or get clarification on many of your concerns.

If I could go back to myself as a High School Senior I would tell myself to start taking things more seriously. College isn't a joke and its not free. I would tell myself that moving to a different state and trying to live on my own is not easy and although I have my family to support me, I must believe in myself and work hard. If I could go back, I would tell myself as a High School Senior to save money and realize that college isn't cheap. Books, school supplies and tuition adds up, and Mom can't always pay for it. I would tell myself, to never give up, go to every class and don't be afraid to ask questions. If I could go back to myself as a High School Senior, I would tell myself that high school isn't the end, its only the beginning, choosing to move from michigan to kentucky is a good decision and it will only help me grow. I would tell myself to think before I act, because i cannot go back and undo the past.

I wish I would've known about the statics of those who are enrolled in the school. When getting to school I found out a lot of the freshmen had to take classes in the OEP/AWA program, and those classes do not transfer.

REBECCA

My school is a diverse community that cares about their students, and staff.

My school is a diverse community that cares about their students, and staff.

Assuming that I could go back into time, I would give myself lots of advice. Once I graduated high school, not only did I gain a disease of addiction, I had went straight into parenthood and had three children by the age of 25. Although I would do anything for my children and wouldn't trade them for the world, I would have told myself to wait to have a family. I entered recovery and just celebrated my third year of sobriety. Being a full-time single mother is very difficult, not only raising them, but attending school full-time as well. The transition for attending a larger university was quite different than attending a technical college which I had done previously. Getting to know my professors on a personal level, and taking a tour of the college was helpful during my first semester. Finding classmates that lift ones spirits and help out whenever they possibly can is also very beneficial. Knowing my way around, personal relationships with professors and students, and good notetaking and listening skills is something that I believe every freshman should endure.

I usually tell my friends that we have academics with attitude which is our motto.

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.