Frankfort, KY
Kentucky State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky State University

Gloria

Kentucky State University is a black liberal arts college. It is one of the countries historical black colleges. The school has a great marching band that has won many championship and best band titles. The school offers many different programs and extra-curricular activities. Kentucky State University has an excellent mentoring program. This program provides help and encouragment to students who have a parent that is incarcerated. These children all attend schools around the metro area. College students spend so many hours with these youth. The students may take the children on outings, to school functions, help with homework, etc.

The advice I would give myself would be this: It is important to start and finish college soon, if you wait until after you have children(who may still be in primary school), it will be hard , but still obtainable if you put your mind to it. I would tell myself that holding a job, raising a family, and keeping it all straight under the pressure is so very stressful. You have to make sure you're giving your all; to all of these . Most of all, you have to make sure that your families needs are being meet. So whay I am saying is this: Get your education, by what ever means necessary.

I brag about the small class size and how the teachers really ant you to suceed.

India

Kentucky state university is one of the most exciting schools to ever attend!!!

Kentucky state university is one of the most exciting schools to ever attend!!!

When in highschool you should work hard, give your all because it pays off. In today's society college cost an arm and a leg, so receiving a full ride only comes to the students who work the hardest. Not studying is something you have to get used to, so why not start in highschool.

One thing that I wish i had known before attending ksu would be the fact that there is not much to do in Kentucky.

Toretha

I would tell myself to keep a great GPA in high school, so I can already have some college classes out the way!!

Nothing because my school improves every semester!

Psalms

Talking to myself now as a high school senior I would tell myself to: enjoy my last year in high school; fill out more scholarship applications; do research on each school I was looking into attending, possibly talk to current students and alumni; don't stress about my financial situation; go to school where you really want to go because it's you that have to be there for at least the next four years; figure out whats important to you in a school and in a community; find out how the surrounding community feels about and supports the school; find out about available transportation to anything off-campus; I would also say that college is not as big a change as you expect it to be, its just like high school except you live there. crime is statistically higher in areas where there are colleges or universities so find out about the police in the community: do they respond quickly, does the campus have its own police squad;

The worst thing about the school would probably their over-admitance of incoming freshman, because once the students arrive, there is no place for them to go on campus and they end up staying in hotels off campus until they either leave or are put out or upperclassman leave or are put out. Another thing that is bad about that is the school will run out of financial aid as far as scholarships, grants and work-study, forcing students to take out more loans than they planned to or leave school.

Sammuel

Prepare myself better for the ACT. Study for a life long education and not just for an A on next week test.

A lack of excepting responsibilities among some young males.

K-State is probably best known for the band! They are awesome!

K-State is probably best known for the band! They are awesome!

I would tell myself to understand College is a totally different ball game. This is major money and if I don't take it seriously, it will go to waste. I would tell myself to come prepared to make my own decisions and buckle down for class. No one else is here to push me everyday and make sure that I am on top of my education. I also would remind myself of the temptations around campus and that being on my own makes me totally accountable for my own actions!

K-State is what you make it, I think a person who is out-going, confident and creative should enjoy their time here. I'm not limiting the criteria, everyone should come here. There is something for everyone!

amber

My school is beat known for it's band. Our band is very good . We are also known for our good nursing program.

I f I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that just doing enough to get by is not the answer. Also that what you are doing now will directly affect what you can do and where you will be placed in college. Another thing I would say is to slowly and thoroughly research schools you may be interested in. Make sure to check out the campus life and that the school you choose to apply to has all that you expect of a school and it's living environment. Lastly , now knowing what I know about college life I would tell myself to apply to more than just one college don't put all your work into just one college. Give yourself options so you're not stuck with having to go to that one place if things don't work out.

The kind of person that shoud attend Kentucky State is a determined person. My school is a small school and is a good place for students to go who want to be in smaller classes where the instructors can give more individual help. people who go here should want to be somewhere that their instructors are not only here to do their own jobs but to help you become a better person. People that go here are the kinds of people that need an extra push and someone to turn to that are willing and ready to help.

Tiara

Kentucky State is a small, yet exciting school, who needs to become more organized in there finicial departments.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would explain to myself that I need to take advantage of the free applications and apply to more schools than I did. Also, I would tell myself to apply outside the box & visit more schools than I did.

I wish I would had known that finicial aid and bursar we as unorganized as they are.

Caitlin

Once again I would go back and tell myself to save up more of my money rather than spending a lot of it on things I really didn't need. As well as looking for my textbooks online rather than paying the bookstores prices, because you will most likely find it from another place for a lower price. I would also tell myself that while there are many clubs that may seem interesting don't get too involved, that way you still have time to spend with your friends and to study. Also on move-in day be nice to people they will remember that and definitely get to know your RAs because they can be a lot of help and support and just a good friend during your freshmen year. Most of all just enjoy the experience and be yourself.

Keuka College is a small campus which really gives the student a chance to get to know their professors and get the help they may need. Because it is a smaller campus you get to know many people and many discribe it as one big family. While it is a small campus there is still much to do and get involved in, and you get to know people and make many friends. With a smaller student-teacher ratio you are not just a number to a teacher but they know who you are and are able to provide help.

I would have liked to have known to find out what books it was that I would need for my classes then see if I could find them from another student or online somewhere where the prices would be lower. Buying your textbooks from the college bookstore can be very expensive at times and you often don't get your money's worth back when you sell the textbook back to the college, that is if they even buy the textbook back from you. Definitely shope around for textbooks online and at other stores, or ask other students.

KSU is a small but, friendly university. Surround yourself with students that are focused and recognize their own goals. I've learned a lot through study groups and sharing notes. Use the resources around you, communicate with your professors , and understand that you don't have to be perfect. Everyone gets discouraged but, motivate yourself , succeed for yourself, and you will go far!!!!

KSU is probably best known for their band. We have an awesome band that keeps everyone excited during football and basketball season!

Remember how much you like roller coasters?.well college is one big roller coaster, an overall adrenaline rush! You have many tough decisions to make before college and just like you can?t get on a ride at an amusement park until you?re 4ft tall, preparation is the key to aid you as you matriculate . You hear that word, matriculate, that?s a word I?ve learned since I moved on to the college scene! Huh, to think how far I?ve come along. Be grateful for those AP classes. The more you learn now, the more relaxed you will be in college. I know you?ve had your heart set on breaking free but, in-state colleges save money! Fewer loans mean more money to travel with after college. SCHOLARSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS! I know your mother keeps nagging you about them, but, she?s right! They hold so much power and you will realize that when you get to where I am. Most importantly, realize that you are a work in progress. There is so much potential in you, so keep focused, relax, take your time, and enjoy the wonderful roller coaster you are about to go on!!!!

Kentucky State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.