Kentucky State University

« See more reviews of Kentucky State University

The worst thing about the school would probably their over-admitance of incoming freshman, because once the students arrive, there is no place for them to go on campus and they end up staying in hotels off campus until they either leave or are put out or upperclassman leave or are put out. Another thing that is bad about that is the school will run out of financial aid as far as scholarships, grants and work-study, forcing students to take out more loans than they planned to or leave school.

the worst thing about the school i attend is they lack of effort they demonstrate to get everyone's finicial or just register papaer work together. The staff they have sometimes are rude and very unprofessional by not paying attention when someone is waiting or needs elp. Lastly I believe if their were more organized as a school maybe things would be more well put together. By them not having everything together it puts more stress on students including everything we have to deal with.

The worst thing about our school is our administrative offices ( financial aid, registrar, bursar, collections). The people that work there, in my opinion, work there to make a pay check and are not fully committed to helping the students as best they can. A lot of the time you could have one simple question and could get the run-around by every office. People do not seem to know what they are doing, and trying to get something done is a strenuous, tiresome activity.

Personally, I enjoy my school it is an historically black college and it does have my major that i am studying so the school is alright. I think the worst thing about my school will be the classrooms and the teachers and proffessors that are here. I have talked to people from diffrent schools and the way of doing things here at Kentucky stuff are done diffrent from bigger universities for exaple the University Of Kentucky maybe because we are a smaller school.

The worst thing about my school would be the finacial system that is provided to students. I am an out of state student who has to pay more than an instate student so student loans and grants are harder to recieve for college. The school olny provides students the minimum amout of money. So tution should be either brought down or more shcolarships and grants should be given so that students can tay on campus all four years.

It's hard to say what the worst thing about my University is. I love Kentucky State University and I do a lot to give back to the University and the surrounding community. If I had to chose I would say the worst thing is the select few students who chose only to be a student and not do more to enjoy the college experience and not indulge in the programs the Unviersity has to offer.

The alumni dont give back at all, there is a low sense of school spirit, the financial aid office is horrible. If you dont have everything together when you come to school, they will give you the run around until time runs out or you get aggressive. They act like they dont want to help you or youre bothering them when you ask for help. They are almost never there. Its ridiculous.

Their seemingly complete lack of ability to work with the schedule of nighttime students; the hours they keep for things such as the bookstore or counseling are not congruent with the schedule of someone who goes to school at night. Furthermore key things like testing for English or math are done on a first come first serve basis; most of which are during the day.

the worst thing about my school is that they take their time getting things done that need to be done. for example, it took forever to get everyone moved out of the hotels into dorms becuase they didnt have everyone processed for their financial aid. i dont think you should have anyone in those situations. you should be organized before the school year starts.

The worst thing I think about the school is that we don't have a lot of school spirit and the community isn't really involved. You can go into walmart in Frankfort and see UK attire everywhere; Kentucky State is right down the street and they don't have anything to support the college in their town.